[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best ab exercise to help fix my anterior pelvic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (17 KB, 350x252) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17 KB, 350x252
What's the best ab exercise to help fix my anterior pelvic tilt? I don't want to do leg raises because I don't want to risk strengthening my already tight hip flexors. I was thinking planks and dragon flags, are they good?
>>
>>36767749
>acknowledging tight hip flexor are the problem
>looking for a solution that isn't related to his hip flexor

Stretch your hip flexors and psoas. Look up Kelly Starretts videos on it. That is all you need to do to fix APT.
>>
>>36767749
do you actually have it? because overdiagnosis of anterior pelvic tilt is a meme. look at how babies and people in nonindustrialized countries stand. their butts stick out.
>>
>>36767782
I'm already stretching my hip flexors, doing the lunge stretch and sitting on a deep squat stance with my elbows forcing my knees open throughout the day, I just wanted something to improve my posture even more
>>
>>36767832
Yes I do, I was diagnosed with lordosis and internally rotated shoulders, I managed to fix my shoulders somewhat, but my stomach still protrudes even with some visible ab definition
>>
>>36767749
had slight anterior pelvic tilt

realized it was a combination of tight hip flexors and bad form on planks ( I was hanging my back)

fixed form and immediately fixed the problem, plus the planks hit my core A LOT harder

Just do planks OP and make sure you aren't sagging your back. I started doing planks next to a mirror so I could see my back and fix my form if I was slacking
>>
What are some good cues? Flexing the glutes?
>>
>>36769183
Meant to tag you on the flexing glutes post sorry
>>
Pls respond
>>
>>36769320
A good cue would be flexing your glutes a little, pushing your hips forward, and really feeling the burn in your lower abs. You should also feel your lower back flexing a bit too.
>>
File: lordosis_routine.png (421 KB, 800x1136) Image search: [Google]
lordosis_routine.png
421 KB, 800x1136
I have the same thing, I followed this for a month and didn't really notice any difference but maybe you'll have better luck

Check this article out too, it might be useful http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/posture-power-how-to-correct-your-body-alignment.html
>>
>>36770620
w-whats wrong with that hip flexor stretch guy on the left?

his arm is a foot
>>
File: apt.png (69 KB, 210x208) Image search: [Google]
apt.png
69 KB, 210x208
>>36767749
To fix APT, you have to:
>lenghten the hip flexors
>activate and strenghten the glutes
>stretch your lower back
>strenghten your abs
Read and follow this pdf workout: http://kaasplateau.com/stretches.pdf
>>36770620
If you have an anterior pelic tilt, your hamstrings are already in a lenghted state, stretching them only makes them worse.
DON'T STRETCH THE HAMSTRINGS FFS.
>>
deadlifts, desu, and they will hit your glutes properly as well.

but good posture is mostly determined by hamstring and hip mobility, as well as chest, lat, bicep mobility and the other upper body tight muscles (these affect your hip mobility as well)

but desu almost all of the lower body corrective stuff is tied up in hamstring and hip stretching and almost all of the upper body corrective stuff is tied up in just keeping good posture all the time and a fuck ton of (correct) back of neck stretches.
>>
>>36770768
>DON'T STRETCH THE HAMSTRINGS FFS.
this is really bad advice, honestly. you should definitely stretch your hamstrings, but not as much as you should stretch the muscles which are causing APT.

little hamstring mobility results in a lifetime of improper bending and pretty much inevitable back injuries.
>>
>>36771140
^This
Stretch your quads if anything, you may have tight af quads which are part of the problem.
>>
Thanks guys, I can't stop stretching my hamstrings because if I don't I can't kick as high in Muay Thai. But I am stretching my hips much more, also stretching my pecs and working on shoulder mobility
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.