[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYCLIST SQUATS for VMO (Tear Drop) Development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
I began doing this type of squat to develop my vastus medialis muscle. Anyone else do this?
>>
no because im not fucking retarded m8
>>
>>36762422
Wanna know how I know you just started lifting?

The exercise was invented by Charles Poliquin to specifically strengthen the VMO muscle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Y_la-eN8Q
>>
do jerk dips instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plCIO2wgN2c
>>
>>36762402
so a low bar squat for people with shit mobility?
>>
>>36762402
Or you could do cardio on a stationary bike machine that's good too
>>
>>36762461
Wanna know how I know you just started lifting?

there's no such thing as the VMO
>>
>>36762402
I do similar exercises occassionally e.g. hack squats, sissy squats.

>>36762754
As a matter of fact that right there is about as far away as you can get from a low bar squat: Completely upright torso, maximum forward knee travel, 100% range of motion, and of course high bar position.

>>36762768
Has nothing to do with it. In fact it's called (to my knowledge) a cyclist squat because it stimulates the muscle in a way that gets neglected by simply cycling.

>>36763181
>there's no such thing as the VMO
That is objectively incorrect.
>>
>>36762754
Why do you even post if you don't know shit about squatting?
>>
>>36763678
>That is objectively incorrect.
In short, the VMO definitely is not a muscle, if we use the currently accepted standards set forth by Grant's Method of Anatomy in 1984 about what characterizes a muscle: distinct origin/insertion, distinct agonistic action/antagonist muscle, a separate innervation, a separate sheet of epimysium, and trainability of the muscle (yup....trainability!).
>>
do what dmitri klokov says everything else is futile
>>
>>36763724
>the VMO definitely is not a muscle
Didn't say it was. But it's still a thing, and the bottom part - the obliquus - is what makes it interesting.

As a side note, did you know a fifth muscle has actually been discovered in the quadriceps and it's been proposed that it should be renamed quinticeps? It's not the VMO though.
>>
>>36763890
>Didn't say it was
the point is there's no reason to talk about the VMO when it doesn't affect anything.
>>
File: kek.jpg (68 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
68 KB, 599x449
>>36763181
>there's no such thing as the VMO

Holy shit! These are the guys giving advice on /fit/
>>
>>36764008
the vmo lacks a distinct origin/insertion, distinct agonistic action/antagonist muscle, a separate innervation, a separate sheet of epimysium, and trainability of the muscle
>>
File: Barbell_Hack_Squat-1[1].png (52 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
Barbell_Hack_Squat-1[1].png
52 KB, 540x360
>>36763678
Do you do hack squats on machine or with a barbell?

Noticed any difference in quad development?
>>
>>36764039
>machines
>ever
>>
There is literally no reason to do a specific squat style to help with cycling. There is only getting stronger legs in the most efficient way that will help you move the most weight, and that will help for cycling.
>>
>>36765297
Cyclist often have overdeveloped vastus lateralis, therefore it's beneficial for them to do a squat style that specifically targets their vastus medialis. It's mainly for knee health, not for better performance
>>
>>36762402
No but I use a very close stance when squatting anyway.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.