[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make your own protein shakes actually taste good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: muscleMilk.jpg (295 KB, 2400x3000) Image search: [Google]
muscleMilk.jpg
295 KB, 2400x3000
How do you make your own protein shakes actually taste good? Pic related tastes delicious, but whenever I try to make my own protein shake, it turns out grainy and awful. The protein usually just floats to the top and/or clumps up when I mix it with milk. Do you need to use a blender? Post your techniques because I'm lost.
>>
>>36759545
IT'S CALLED NOT BUYING SHIT PRODUCTS. INVEST IN SOME PROPER PROTEINS and I generally use a shaker cup with metal ball to get a nice smooth beverage.
>>
put 12 ounces of milk and 4 scoops of protein in a blender bottle and shake

i'm using the GNC brand protein right now and it's not thick like other ones so that's good
>>
>>36759545
go for either egg white protein powder, vegan protein powder or just have oatshakes
>>
>>36759545
i like to use unflavored whey, a banana, 6 strawberries and blend it with some water and ice.
>>
Is Muscle Milk powder any good?
>>
>1 cup of milk
>1 serving of yogurt
>1 banana
>8 strawberries
>1 scoop of whey protein powder

All I can taste is the fruit desu.
>>
4 scoops
Handful of instant oats
Frozen blueberries
Banana
Rice crispies
Egg whites
All in a blender, tastes better than muscle milk
>>
my standard is as follows

>half fill shaker with water
>1 scoop ON serious mass
>1 huge spoonful of peanut butter
>a big squirt of chocolate syrup
>half a banana
>top it off with milk

It comes out a little chunky with a shaker cup but I don't mind because it tastes so fucking good.
>>
>>36759651
I got a big ol bag of the chocolate flavor from Costco. Great protein to calorie ratio and it tastes great with almond milk (2 scoops is 54 grams protein and 260 cal, add a cup and a half of unsweetened almond milk and its 300 cal), but invariably makes me shit. The only protein powder that never made me automatically shit was EAS, surprisingly enough, but it has much worse protein to calorie ratio
>>
>>36759651
It has a lot of heavy metals in it. Pick a different one (Gold Standard)
>>
>>36761024
What in the fuck are you talking about? It has no more than any other brand, actually look at the nutritional info before you start spouting horse shit like that
>>
Just drink it you fucking bitch.
>>
>>36759545
vanilla whey scoop
couple eggs
half and half
water for volume
>>
>>36759651
Honestly I don't know. I quit using it because it actually tastes good, and I figured anything that tastes that good must have a shit ton of sugar in it.
>>
Water, ice, plain whey protein isolate powder, 0 calorie koolaid packet powder of your choice (cherry works well), blender. Done. Tastes exactly like and has the same consistency as a 7-11 Slurpee
>>
>>36759651

If you want to know how shitty it is, leave it in a cup for a couple days and it turns into sludge. This is what you're putting in your body.
>>
File: 1425047891075.jpg (40 KB, 342x298) Image search: [Google]
1425047891075.jpg
40 KB, 342x298
>>36759545
>muscle milk
>contains no milk
>includes milk proteins
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I'm afraid to drink too much of this powder. Too many vitamins. I usually drink like 8 to 10 scoops a day of whey with almost no minerals. Just seems unsafe to drink too many vitamins. Thoughts?
>>
>ON! casein chocolate
>thick as hell, tasty, literally better than a milkshake

expensive

>Impact casein choco coconut
>thin as hell, doesn't really taste good with any liquid base

I guess that's the price of being dirt cheap.

It's pretty nice just getting a scoop and eating the powder straight up though, I'll give them that.
>>
>>36759545
1. Blender.
2. Whey protein powder.
3. Half cup milk and the rest water.

Bonus points: A banana, or nutella
>>
>>36759545
Shit tier protein powder will clump on you.

Also, how are you blending it now?
>>
>>36759545
I just use ON regular chocolate. If I'm cutting, I'll do an iced coffee protein shake. It's so good.
If I'm bulking, I'll do a whole deal
>2cup milk
>1 or 2 sccops depending on my protein for the day
>1 banana
>1cup mixed berries
and if there's yogurt around, I'll throw that shit in too. Fuck dessert, this does more than enough for me.
>>
>>36766087
>>1 or 2 sccops depending on my protein for the day
your body can not use 60g of protein in one session bro
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.