[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Protein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
I've read the sticky. I've heard the 1g protein per lb of body mass. I've also heard a lot about this being overkill.

What happens if I go above 1g/lb? Do I just pee it out?

Inb4 renal failure (I have normal functioning kidneys).

What's the evidence for 1g/lb? What's the evidence for less?
>>
It's just extra calories
>>
If I'm trying to cut (e.g. 500 cal/day deficit), but maintain protein intake at ~1g/lb will it help minimise muscle loss?
>>
too many protons can result in a proton-proton chain reaction. The proton-proton chain reaction is one of the two known sets of fusion reactions by which stars convert hydrogen to helium. It dominates in stars the size of the Sun or smaller.
>>
File: protons.png (83 KB, 420x301) Image search: [Google]
protons.png
83 KB, 420x301
>>36757429
>>
>>36757429
Lean body mass, not body mass.
>>
>>36757738
yes, that's the whole point of hitting your macros and eating healthy while cutting. if you were to just do cico then you'd lose weight but also lose more muscle than if you were to keep eating the right amount of protein.

never give up your protein, anon.
>>
>>36757718
This
There's a couple of numbers being thrown around, 1g/lb is just one that's being thrown around.
Two others that are thrown around mainly on /r/fitness are .8g/lb when bulking and 1.2g/lb when cutting.
Leangains goes for 2.5-3g per kg of bodyweight

I personally go for 1g/lb and then some. At 165lbs I usually eat around 170-210g per day.
>>
Relevant question.

The sticky claims 1.5g/lb bodyweight for a cutting diet. I have a TDEE of 2250kcal(not including exercise) and would require 270g protein with a daily intake of 1750kcal for a standard -500kcal cut. Hypothetically, could I eat 13.5 cans of salmon per day for the 270g of protein and 1620kcal to accelerate the cut by 26%?
>>
So if I'm cutting,my TDEE is 2100cal, and I weight 156lbs then I'm meant to fit 230g protein in 1600cal?
>>
>>36757843
Why would you cut at 156lbs unless you're a girl?
If you're a guy and you look fat despite being 156lbs you lack the muscle to actually fill out your frame.
If you wanna look good I'd start a clean bulk of 2400 calories along with a proper routine if your TDEE is 2100.
If you're a girl, go ahead and eat at a deficit.
>>
>>36758045
I'm a guy and I have "some" muscle but want visible abs so I was going to do a short cut to get them then start bulking.
>>
I weigh 210 lbs and have to drink like 4+ fucking scoops a day just to keep my protons around 250

I'm so tired

Make the shakes stop
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 324x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 324x290
>getting life and health advice from 4chan
>>
>>36758114
>cutting to holocaust survivor mode to get abs

Yeah dude it'll look great
>>
>>36758284
So what do you suggest I do? (other than go to the gym) Bulk? Maintain?
>>
File: assanti.jpg (49 KB, 634x360) Image search: [Google]
assanti.jpg
49 KB, 634x360
>>36757792
should i stop eating 800g of protein?
>>
>>36758223
6oz chicken breast is about 2 scoops, besides just do 2scoops a day if you're too lazy to cook its not that bad
>>
File: 1449197411581.jpg (61 KB, 500x752) Image search: [Google]
1449197411581.jpg
61 KB, 500x752
>>36760507
i meant 2scoops at a time, making it morning and evening proton shakes
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.