[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm obese and limiting my caloric intake to 1500, it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: ct-shake-shack-1104-biz-20141103.jpg (859 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
ct-shake-shack-1104-biz-20141103.jpg
859 KB, 2048x1366
I'm obese and limiting my caloric intake to 1500, it's been going well.

I ate dinner at my mom's last night and skipped all meals prior because I couldn't really count calories for that meal.

I had about 5 thick slices(each about 2 credit cards thick) with gravy, about a fistful of spinach lightly salted, about your average ice cream scoop of mashed potatos with gravy.

Do you think this went over 1500 calories? I'm used to just eating packaged shit which makes it easier to count.
>>
>>36753963
Slices of what? And most likely not over 1500 unless the gravy was just saturated in calories but I'm really just guessing here. But my question is why are you cutting that way? Its good you're limiting your caloric intake but limiting it to the minimum an adult male should eat(I'm just guessing you're make) and especially taking in all those nutrients for the day in a single meal is far from ideal
>>
>going on 1500 cals
That's the dumbest thing an obese person can do.
>>
>>36754011
Roast beef, I thought I said that but I guess not.

I'm 5'9(inb4 manlet) and 238 pounds
>>
>>36754017
I don't feel like waiting a year to not be disgusted at myself anymore.
>>
>>36753963
I'd say you came damn close, but you're probably alright. If you did go over, bear in mind that one day over isn't going to put on 50 pounds - just don't make a habit of it and try to compensate later.
>>
>>36754017

True that. He needs to go with at most 1000 calories, otherwise he will just gain weight.
>>
>>36754034
I figured I came close, I don't eat red meat outside of my cheat days usually.

Usually only chicken breast, turkey, or fish.
>>
>>36753963
start doing cardio and eat more than 1500 cal
you'll give up in a couple weeks if you starve yourself like that
>>
>>36754017
>>36754026
He's right though. Eating at such a high deficit is going to make you stall on progress and make it a hard time in general. General advice I would give is create your deficit by activity rather than only calorie restriction for ideal weight loss. Its a lot easier to try to stay active and increase your tdee to make up for it while eating 2000 calories instead of being miserable at 1500
>>
>>36754065
I do long distance walking, 10,000 steps everyday but I do skip if it's raining.

At my weight 10k steps is a lot of calories.
>>
>>36754026
You can cut on 2500 if not more. Hell you ll probably be losing just by eating clean.
>>
>>36754067
I'm actually comfortable at 1500 calories, only regret is that limits my soft drink intake to a small glass of iced tea a day.

I'm not hungry at all.
>>
Don't listen to these people saying your calorie count is too low. I did 1,200 calories/day for a year and it was the best decision I ever made. 422 lbs. to 235 lbs.
>>
>>36754124
this desu senpai
>>
>>36754078
lmao jesus christ
>>
>>36754302
At my weight 10k steps is 711 calories
>>
Opie, I know you want to shed that fat fast, but you have to be patient. Change doesn't come overnight, but it can come fast anyway. You can see significant improvement after a couple of months. But going 1500 cal is not a sustainable way. Eat less than what you usually eat but don't starve yourself. Stop soda, eat less sugary stuff, cut out chips and candy. You have to move more. 4-5 days in the gym per week is a must, but above that, walking to work, going for walks or bicycling around a lot is really good too.

The most important thing is to not stop living a healthy life style. You have to keep it up.

But seriously, eating at 1500 cal is not really the way.
>>
>>36754092
If you're comfortable then keep at it, that's really great to hear. As a soft drink replacement have you considered simply using zero calorie sweetener in tea? Or products like coke zero or diet coke?

Glad to hear you're making progress anon, I'm pulling for you brother. Your new lifestyle is paying off already I'm sure. The difference in how you'll feel is going to grow larger and larger.

Also I'm a fit person but just know that if you ever start running outside or going to the gym that people like me are behind you always. I've never heard of anyone mock fatties at the gym because you're making the right steps and that's something we should all support. I only hate fatties when I see them take up half my airline seat or walk around with obese kids (it's child abuse IMO since you know these parents feed them piles of shit and never exercise).
>>
Dont just cut to 1500.
Calculate your adjusted weight and go from there. It will already be a massive deficit depending on how fat yoy are right now
>>
Not OP, but I'm at 1200 and sometimes go lower. Am I still fucking up if I don't feel hungry?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.