[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apart from protein powder and creatine, what supplements are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: lenny.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
lenny.gif
1 MB, 480x270
Apart from protein powder and creatine, what supplements are known to work in most cases / are worth your time and money?
>>
Probably caffeine, beta-alanine for the tingling/less fatigue thing, and maybe taurine considering that it has a push/pull interaction with betaalanine
>>
>>36752951
Steroids
>>
>>36753002
ayy, I should have added that I'm talking about legal supplements that I can buy from a shop
>>
>>36753019

Multi-Vitamin

And if you have energy and focus problems N.O Explode
>>
>creatine
always thought it was a placebo
"i can do that extra rep, cause i took creatine"
>>
>>36753069
Google is your friend anon

Cause you're wrong
>>
Protein Powder + Preworkout with creatine in it

All I need
>>
>>36753069
whatever it takes
also, the crea-ten picture is hilarious
>>
>>36752951
Omega 3 and vitamin dick
>>
>>36752951
Protein is NOT worth your money. Not unless your diet is trash.
>>
>>36753057
I forgot to mention BCAAS
>>
>>36753137
2.5kg protans for €20 (125g/€) is pretty solid and you can get that kind of deal regularly on myprotein

if you can get 10 eggs for 1€ (130g/€) its about the same price, but there's more fat and you have to spend time making them plus studies show that more than 6 eggs/day might be unhealthy (not talking about the cholesterol myth here)

so as far as money goes its worth it
>>
since we are in the crea-ten topic a bunch of my friends usually spout that taking it fucks up your kidneys if you don't drink a fuck ton of water, how much of this is broscience and how much is actually true?
>>
>>36752951
Omega 3 fatty acids seem to be more and more beneficial.
Caffeine is obviously a great stimulant, and combined with ephedrine, a great fat loss tool.
Beta alanine may work a smidge, but I've never bothered with it.
N.O supps are nice for when you want a fun pump, but I'm not sure if they really do anything to help with muscle gain.
>>
>>36752951
>ZMA

Started taking this about a month ago, sleep I get is amazing and consistent.
>>
>>36753871
Currently slimming down and can confirm that an EC stack (or ECA) is super fucking great.

I don't know exactly how much it boosts my metabolism or whatever but the hunger suppression is real. I can barely eat anything and am super fucking full at the end of the day after 1500 calories.

Just take it slowly if you do the EC stack and pay attention to how your body reacts.
>>
File: 1440646637029.jpg (91 KB, 490x694) Image search: [Google]
1440646637029.jpg
91 KB, 490x694
L arginine can help increase growth hormone. If you want to do that take doses of 5 to 9 grams (up to 20 grams a day is safe). Don't take it before bed or exercise.

Supplementing baking soda can help with muscular endurance during workouts. Try 1 tsp in a glass of water. I wouldn't do it more than once a day, every other day.

There are studies backing up both of these
>>
>>36754653

Mmm, would love to suck the growth hormone straight of this dude's cock
>>
>>36754653

Heard someone here on /fit/ saying it's good for sexual performance because it improves blood flow
>>
>>36754653

What does growth hormone do again? And why can't you take it before exercise or before sleep?
>>
>>36754710
fucking hell /fit/ you make me laugh
>>
>>36754764
Absolutely true. Look up reviews on amazon, 1000's of people say it helped in that department
>>
>>36753069
they use placebo in studies
>>
>>36753137
It's by far the best cost/protein ratio.

I did the math on one of the higher-end brands and remember it equaling about $0.75 for 21g of protein. You really can't beat that
>>
>>36754810
>growth hormone
gee I wonder what it could be for....

If you take it before sleep or exercise you'll lower.... ah fuck it here:

This brings us to the study of arginine as an ergogenic element. Arginine, when taken in doses beyond 2 grams and ideally 7 grams, will result in elevation of GH. (25-27) Arginine works by suppressing somatostatin, a regulatory protein of the endocrine system that suppresses GH production. So on paper, the use of arginine may appear desirable to enhance GH production. The problem arises when we look at how most athletes are currently using arginine. Many products in the market place are promoted as preworkout aids that contain arginine to enhance blood flow to muscles. This gives the feel of enhanced "pump" during resistance training, a secondary gain that is advertised is a rise in GH.

A typical workout of sufficient intensity to cause GH elevation will result in a 5-fold increase. But as Collier demonstrated, when that workout is preempted by the intake of arginine, the rise in GH was reduced by 200%. (27) This reflects the autonegative feedback on the somatotrope from the arginine ingestion. In other words, the spike of GH stimulated by the arginine is present but small in size. But this small response of GH is enough to lead to a refractory period that ultimately reduced the total amount of GH produced. Repeated GHRH administration leads to a progressively decreasing somatotrope response due to a receptor or postreceptor downregulation.

Consequently, if arginine is to be used, it needs to be administered in doses of 5 to 9 grams and avoided just prior to exercise or bedtime, when GH production is typically optimized.
>>
>>36753817
In renal failure here
My doc has strongly advised against it, but if you have average kidney function levels I guess you can get away with it for the most part. You should most definitely drink fuck tons of water. Be safe.
>>
>>36754890

So it's fine to take as a post-workout when you're done excercising?
>>
>>36754933
>>36754890

Looks like morning is the best time to take it if you don't work out in the morning
>>
>>36754400 do you just order the E online? I thought it was illegal in USA(?)
>>
>>36753902
>this
ZMA is fantastic, apart from the sleep you also get test gains.
>>
>>36754943
yeah that's kinda what I was thinking, I'm not sure how long GH stays in one's system.

The article is "Optimizing growth hormone as an athletic ergogenic aid" by Gary Huber btw
>>
>>36753223
BCAAs are only useful if you're fasting, especially fasted training. If you've eaten anything that day though, it's useless
>>
>>36755009
thanks gary
>>
>>36753057
Show me the evidence that multivitamins are beneficial.
>>
>>36754971
i get it in the form of bronkaid. it's an over the counter drug for asthma that you can get at walmart or really any place with a pharmacy. this is in arizona. i do believe that it varies state to state though.

i buy two boxes at a time, usually lasts me like two months or longer.

i also have asthma (kind of gone away as i get older) so it helps me with that as well.
>>
>>36755000
>apart from the sleep you also get test gains.
you don't. it only increases test if you're deficient in the first place. this is the same as most vitamins. they're great if you're deficient, but don't do shit if you have normal levels.
>>
>>36753137
i disagree. obviously you won't get more gains JUST because you're taking whey but it makes it very easy to reach your protein goals just by taking 1-2 scoops a day.

plus it is one of, if not THE cheapest sources of protein when looking at $/g of protein
>>
I don't count whey powder as a supplement. It's a high protein food for weirdos like us. Its also high in BCAAs so there's no reason to supplement them separately.

Creatine is consistently shown to be beneficial and safe.

Omega 3 oils are beneficial, but I don't necessarily trust consumer fish oil supplements. A lot of it is low grade and rancid and doesn't really compare to the pharmaceutical grade stuff they use in the studies.

Caffeine is safe and makes everything better but you don't need to supplement. Drink your coffee (no sugar).
>>
File: 12314sd012340.png (129 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
12314sd012340.png
129 KB, 300x300
>>36753137
It actually is. It's cheaper than getting all your protein from other sources and it's convenient. Unless you're actively eating high protein meals, which most aren't, protein is a good supplement. When I started calculating my macros for the day, I noticed that my protein was lower than my goal (and btw I'm talking 1.2g-1.6g per KG of bw, which is one of the most reasonable protein goals to hit). So now I just take ~2 scoops per day.
>>
>>36755015
>how does i into MPS
>>
File: 1439059556693.png (368 KB, 512x320) Image search: [Google]
1439059556693.png
368 KB, 512x320
>>36755090
>1-2 scoops a day.

4 SCOOPS C'MON!!
>>
>>36755043
>what are all supplements ever
>>
>>36752951
>protein powder

good goyim
>>
>>36755043

Well the thing is if you are a natty male and currently alive, your test levels are guaranteed to be stunted in one way or another due to environmental exposure to xenoestrogens and phthalates and other endocrine disruptors which are literally everywhere in this modern day and age and impossible to fully avoid
>>
>>36755144

Sweet senpai, I think I made that picture, it's been so long though
>>
>>36755272
nice job, it's one of my favorite pictures of peeani
>>
Calcium Pyruvate ? Anyone else ? Tastes horrible tough..
>>
Curcumin
Royal jelly
Green tea
Bcaas
>>
File: 1446667373508.gif (473 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
1446667373508.gif
473 KB, 500x210
>>36754890
Just got 1lb tub of arginine powder, that shit straight up smell like jizz. Maybe I got punked and someone jizzed in my tub...
>>
>>36755841

That's why you should get it straight from the source and suck it out of a high test alpha's cock, the gains will flow directly through you because his jizz is loaded with arginine
>>
>>36755782
>Royal jelly

Pure snake oil
>>
Fiber supplemtent
>>
>>36756250
wheat bran if you can find it, low cal and high fiber. very cheap.

I just eat it straight.
>>
>>36756314
Better than oats?
>>
>>36756363
I got bob's red mill wheat bran. 1/4 cup has 50 cal and 6 grams fiber. $1.59 a bag.

I think it's supposed to be added to shit like bread, but I just eat it dry. helps with them jaw gains senpai

http://www.bobsredmill.com/shop/wheat-bran.html#

I used to poop like once every 2 days, now it's like twice a day.
>>
>>36754855
The math on mine works out to be:
4cents per gram of protein from skinless chicken breast and 7c per gram of protein from my protein powder.
>>
>>36755015
Nigga u dumb
>>
>>36754400

Has the appetite suppression lasted awhile for you? I tried an EC stack recently (24mg E/200mg C 3x a day) and the appetite suppression only lasted a week. I took it another week after that, then tapered off since it wasn't doing anything.
>>
>>36754890
Either the meat is kicking in my head or i'm just special or both, but I don't see anything here that encourages non usage before bed, only before workout.
>>
>>36757577
there's a part I didn't post that says gh is highest when lifting and sleep. taking arginine during those periods reduced gh. If you take arginine outside those periods you get more gh.
>>
>>36757416
this is my second time doing the stack and i've only been doing it for like 4 days so far.

my first time around it killed my appetite, but while going to bed my stomach would start to rumble for some food, i just had the mentality to resist it.

maybe it's a placebo later on but whatever, it worked for me. working for me now too.
>>
>>36752951
Any vitamin you're deficient in due to shit diet or not going outside enough.
Other supplements are bullshit.
>>
>>36752951
>Vitamin D
Especially D3 since it's the most bioavailable form.
>Zinc
ZMA with Zinc Aspartate or is usually recommended
>Multivitamin
If you're not eating enough greens
Other than that I'd recommend enough cholesterol and fat from food.
>>
File: 1450301626113.jpg (93 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1450301626113.jpg
93 KB, 640x640
omega 3's for inflammation
>>
>>36752951
anyone have the gif of lenny pulling a raw egg out of his bag at the gym and eating the entire thing, shell included?
>>
>>36757416
Cycle yohimbe and ephedrine?
Don't take both though.
>>
File: mlady.jpg (26 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
mlady.jpg
26 KB, 610x610
>>36753019
steroids are legal with a prescription
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.