[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everytime I walk my right knee clicks and pops. No pain at all.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Everytime I walk my right knee clicks and pops. No pain at all. Just uncomfortable. Feels like when you crack your knuckles but it's in my knee and it happens every other step.

Just started to happen to me yesterday and it hasn't gotten better or worse today.

Today is legs day, should I skip and see if the clicking stops or just work through it since there is no pain?

Not sure if this has an impact but I recently changed me squat stance to a wider stance because I read starting strength said that is the best stance because it incorporates the adductors
>>
Nobody has had this problem before?
>>
I just ignore it, my hips audibly pops in and out of socket sometimes too
>>
>>36741982
It's normal as long as it doesn't hurt, make sure to warm up before lifting and it'll be fine.
>>
Normal to be clicking every time I walk? Used to be first thing in the morning or after I've sat for a long time. But it's literally every other step it's popping. I read online it could be an injury. Got me worried
>>
I have the same problem in both knees but it hurts a lot. Makes even leg press hurt. What do?
>>
Same here, developed at 23 out of nowhere long after I stopped lifting, won't go away..

I just said fuck it after reading so much conflicting advice 2bh.
>>
>>36744715
I'm 37 and my knees pop on stairs like crazy. They have popped for years. If it doesn't hurt it's fine. No matter how crazy they pop it's ok. It's just fluid and air bubbles. It's fine.
>>
Maybe glucosamine could help?
>>
Cycling and cod liver oil everyday helped me.
I take two capsules a day rather than one which seems to work best for me.
>>
File: 1440780507821.gif (2 MB, 480x398) Image search: [Google]
1440780507821.gif
2 MB, 480x398
it's the synovial fluid in your joint that is being displaced with movement making the pop/click.

As long as it doesn't hurt, you're fine. However, in my option it's a sign that something isn't set quite right and that can be either due to muscular imbalance or poor posture somewhere. Cause poor posture in one place can cause poor posture in another.

Take shoes with raised heel for example. If you put a wedge under 2 legs of a 4 legged chair that chair is gonna tip forward. it's not gonna be perpendicular to the ground anymore. Same with putting wedges under your heels, except we are not static like a chair, our bodies adapt to remain up right. Just think about all the muscular and postural changes that literally happen all over the body.

Posture can be a very complex problem, if you're really concerned go to a PT with a Dr. infront of their name otherwise just lift barefoot and use good form.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.