[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neck Workouts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Does anyone actually workout their neck here? Or do you find it just natural grows with the rest of you?
>>
>>36741426
Just isometrics is plenty. Sides and keeping your chin down are all you really need to work.
>>
>>36741450

iv been lifting for 3 years and my neck is a twig.
started doing this but not much change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVYB9yps4ow
>>
>>36741426
My neck just grows with the rest of me. Probably deadlifts are most responsible. I used to have a 15.5" neck now I think I'm around 17"
>>
>>36741426
Was thinking about starting doing some accessory for the traps, to help with my kyphosis. Shrugs?
>>
>>36741593
I love shrugs. Definitely more traps than neck though. Just a really fun and easy workout. Not sure why everyone doesn't do them. Also there's like 0% chance of injury or joint issues unlike virtually all other workouts.
>>
>>36741684
So they're a go.
Barbell or dumbbells?
Another exercise I saw, that was more for the lower traps was straight arm frontal raises
>>
>>36743413
I use dumbbells

>straight arm frontal raises
Never tried them. Although I do do the side raise for my delts
>>
>>36741426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-lWEy2oJMA
>>
>>36743413
I do power shrugs with a barbell theres a rippetoe video on them
>>
>>36743562

>never tried

They can actually be more fun and effective than shrugs most of the time.

Same with upright rows or lawnmowers
>>
>>36743911
It seems like they'd be super hard to do and keep your balance. At least with decent sized weights.
>>
All the dick I suck really gives me that thick neck look.
>>
>>36741501
why this guy sticking out his tongue so much. makes vid uncomfortable
>>
I have trouble finding dress shirts, have to tailer everything cause of my neck.

17" neck
32" waiste

Never done anything for it really, just deadlifts.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.