[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who piriformis syndrome/sciatica here? It fucking hurts. How fix?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Piriformis-syndrome.jpg (17 KB, 300x185) Image search: [Google]
Piriformis-syndrome.jpg
17 KB, 300x185
Who piriformis syndrome/sciatica here? It fucking hurts. How fix?
>>
>>36733129
Ive got sciatica but idk if its piriformis? How do you tell?
>>
>>36733217
Dis
>>
Bump for that debilitating issue
>>
>>36733129
i got dat shit it hurts, but there isn't much to be done aside from 2 ibprofen and 2 tylenol
>>
>stretch piriformis, hammies and glutes
>strengthen abs, glutes and hip flexors

I've had problems with these for years and can barely make a one legged bridge (pic related) on the affected side.
>>36733347
Don't snack on ibuprofein, bad for your gains.
>>
File: MarkDadswell-2.jpg (15 KB, 384x252) Image search: [Google]
MarkDadswell-2.jpg
15 KB, 384x252
>>36733129
in for sciatica, shit sucks
pic related really helps tho

>>36733944
how does ibuprofen hurt gains?
>>
Is this the shit that makes your hip hurt at the bottom of the squat?
>>
File: 1459383099127.gif (362 KB, 563x350) Image search: [Google]
1459383099127.gif
362 KB, 563x350
>>36733944

>stretching glutes

>stretching hammies

>strengthen hip flexors

>sciatica

Im in my physical therapy masters atm.

you are wrong you stupid fuck. You stretch and lengthen the hip flexors. More posterior tension (strength) takes pressure off the sciatic nerve.

Too much strength in the hip flexors causes an anterior pelvic tilt, and puts constant tension on the sciatic nerve, lengthens the piriformis over the SI joint and causes sciatica.

this is why I rarely come here, because stupid faggot bro science like this.
OP, you NEED to have stronger glutes, hammies and calf muscles so that you become more posteriorly inclined.

If you can, find someone in your area who does dry needling and get your hip flexors and quads needled. Once you gain more functional mobility in the hips, get that hamstring/gastrocemius complex as strong as fucking possible.
>>
>>36734015
Hey mate, what would you recommend for a guy with a herniated disc L5-S1 that want to dealift and squat again?
>>
>>36734015
Right so the goal is not to lengthen the piriformis?
>>
Do the vagina machines breh, I had the same thing and started doing them; went away
>>
>>36734164
not him but basically let it heal as much as it can and learn form with baeweight
>>
>>36733129
>how fix
strengthen the weak muscles that cause the overuse of the piriformis -> squat + deadlift
>>
>>36734332
Thank you.
>>
>>36734332
not him but, how much time? I've been off the gym for more than a year now.

Not herniated but more of concentric annular tear and disc degeneration
>>
>>36733129
Search up FAI and tests to see if you have FAI. Most people have it, esp if you were active when you were growing but people who do a lot of jumping, sprinting, kicking, etc basically anything that makes your hip raised to a 90* angle a lot will cause pain over 10-15 years. It's really not serious but if it progresses you can get surgery that gets rid of the little piece of bone sticking out and causing pain. Recovery is 3 months and you can probably start lifting relatively early on. That's just what I think, it's such a close place you might as well search up what FAI is to make sure you don't have it. (Then again, probably half of active athletes during a young age will get this. SUPER common! Not a big deal, but if you are in pain surgery can help really easily, search it up.) However if it is piriformis syndrome then im not sure but you might as well make sure its not FAI
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.