[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ think about weight vests and general body weights?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: IV200comp.jpg (23 KB, 504x657) Image search: [Google]
IV200comp.jpg
23 KB, 504x657
What does /fit/ think about weight vests and general body weights?

What are some decent excercises with them?
How many pounds do you think is an ideal place to start at?

Did I just throw away 50 bucks?
>>
File: Petitefrontlg.jpg (82 KB, 500x651) Image search: [Google]
Petitefrontlg.jpg
82 KB, 500x651
>>36731742
Posting a complimentary qt i found on google
>>
>>36731742
it's weight training. /fit/ loves weight training
>>
>>36731742
I had one.

Literally walk really slowly and carefully everywhere. Then build up to a stroll and then a jog. If its modular run with the minimum amount of weight you can. If you run wearing it straight away it will destroy your joints like a motherfucker.

Otherwise use them for sand-based training like bare foot beach runs or circuits.
>>
>>36731784
Thanks for the advice, breh.
Never thought about potential joint damage. The most I was worried about was my back
>>
One way ticket to snap city if you trying running or walking in them.. Good for maybe pullups or dips but so are alot of other cheaper shit. Its a meme anon
>>
It's a cardio thing. Martial artists use it to increase their speed. Can't hold dumbbells and form a punching fist.
>>
I heard stories that they bad because your bodies leg joints get fucked up. If you want better cardio run harder or go up hills, calf raises and squat if you want swoller calves n lower leg.
>>
>>36731742
These would probably work well for increasing resistance on body weights.
>>
>>36731827
>>36731836
I guess I'll start with maybe 25 pounds then?
>>
>>36731742
Calisthenics and cardio. Weightvests are usefull for these because usually calisthenics are unmotivated for summersault. And progression is rather two-dimensional (i.e. you either increase reps/time under tension or learn a new skill). This adds a third dimension to your progression. Of course, you can always up you calories and wear a fat weight suit.
>>
>>36731884
ya its fine just don't go full retard and go into max speed sprint with one on the first time or you will likely sprain yourself. I think their best for shit like calf raises and walking up hills then jogging/running.
>>
>>36731742
>Long hikes/jogs with a bane mask for when I was training to climb Kili
>Calisthenics/body weight exercises
It's a good investment just for the love of god don't go running in it; you'll destroy your joints and likely fall on your face and break your head open like an asshole.
>>
>>36731742
fat people carry their weight all the time with this logic they must be powerlifter strong ...
>>
>>36731742
They make you bald.
>>
I use it for stairclimbs, pullups and dips. Also a high incline LOW speed on treadmill is okay. Good for simulating a pack. You should not be doing anything high impact. It will fuck your joints.
>>
>>36731742
Allahu Akbar anon, welcome to Islam.
>>
>>36733506

Well when you think of it, some super fatties must actually be decently strong.

I saw a video of a woman who weight 600 lbs standing up from a chair or something.

I can't even squat close to 600 lbs.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.