[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are you man enough to decide right now to take cold showers for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: Mance_Rayder_(The_Children).png (203 KB, 334x400) Image search: [Google]
Mance_Rayder_(The_Children).png
203 KB, 334x400
are you man enough to decide right now to take cold showers for the rest of your life? I decided it in the beginning of 2015 and not a single drop of hot water touched my skin since then.

Don't you just wanna feel the urge to headbutt Mike Tyson after a real fucking nape-killer icy shower?

Don't you just wanna feel being the only real guy in a crowded room you just had entered, knowing others would cry for hot water while you would step cold-bloodedly under the tap?

Don't you see the equation that in a situation where all other conditions are equal, guy who takes cold showers would beat the shit out of the hot-showering pussy?

We all know you wanted to do it in some part of your life, and you would gladly do it if you had power, but the power isn't brought by anyone, only you can make it, and you have to do it.

It will be a new step to manhood, trust me.
>>
>>36730459

sounds interesting enough

will decide after discussion

monitoring.
>>
No, because it has no real benefits other than making you feel tough because you're torturing yourself everyday. Hot water cleans better too and relaxes you.
>>
Do you have autism?
>>
File: 1456519847780.png (181 KB, 773x383) Image search: [Google]
1456519847780.png
181 KB, 773x383
this pasta sucks, fuck off
>>
>>36730486
it's better for your hair and skin and most successful people start their days off with cold showers.

>>36730459
i do this everyday. i'm used to it now.
>>
As cringy as this post is hot showers wrinkle skin and can recede your hairline
>>
>>36730459
yea man
>>
>>36730501
Broscience bullshit

If doing it makes you feel better, that's great, but understand it's just a placebo effect from thinking you're 'harder' from forcing yourself to endure a cold shower all the time.
>>
>>36730501
>and most successful people start their days off with cold showers
did you come up with this yourself or did you read it on reddit?
>>
My face is naturally super oily, I put on a light layer of powder makeup that matches my skintone and it keeps my face shine-free and clean-looking all day and looks completely natural, no one can tell I'm wearing makeup. The powder absorbs the oil
>>
>>36730459

had no hot water when i moved into my apartment, took cold showers for 2 weeks, didn't think anything of it. I told my co-workers and they lost their minds, "OH WOW COLD SHOWERS FOR 2 WEEKS WHAT?!"
"WHAT?! HOW IZ DAT POSSIBLE! WHAT"

lel it's just cold water, you aren't jumping on a grenade or curing cancer, who gives a fuck
>>
No because I don't feel like I'm getting properly clean

Maybe I'm just autist but I feel cleaner after washing in hot water, like I can be sure I washed off everything properly
>>
>>36730459

I guess when you're so beta in most aspects of life you have to find some niche.
>>
Cold water is just another stressor for your body. No Bueno.

Hot water damages your skin.

Find the happy medium.
>>
>>36730535
tony robbins is a prime example. he's worth almost 500 million and swears that his morning routine consists of cold showers/immersion every single morning. i could look up countless more people, but i'm not here to change your life. my life is at its peak right now because of countless things and cold showers/morning rituals definitely benefit me.

>>36730531
placebo effect is one of the strongest things in the world. don't write something off as 'bullshit' even if you think it's just placebo.

and the skin/hair thing has been proven.
>>
>>36730765

Have you tried cutting dairy out of your diet?

Stopped my issues with oil and bad skin/gunky pores.
>>
>>36730459

>>36730777
This. I've lived without hot water for weeks before, you're not as hardcore as you think you are.

Hot water opens and cleans the pores better, it's best for your skin and hair to do hot then a long cold rinse.
>>
I shower with girls after i fuck them. Every girl ive known takes scalding hot showers.
>>
>>36730862

>life at peak
>posting on 4chan

Well bye, I must quest for my sides ice again.
>>
>>36730862
There's rich and successful people out there that also take how showers you dumb bastard lol. You people act like taking cold showers gives you magical powers fucking tards.
>>
>>36730765
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
>>
>>36731000
This
>>
>>36731027
Post face and body
>>
>>36731188
This one's a bit older
>>
>>36730459
After hurricane Sandy I had no hot water for 20 days (or electric, heat, TV, Internet, etc). If I could have only one modern convenience, it would be hot, running, water. Go suck a dick, OP.
>>
>>36731339
Looking tight. Nice V taper. On a side note though, you look kind of like Christian Bale in The Machinist.
>>
I'd love to do cold showers regularly, but its cold outside and I want to feel warm
>>
>>36733613
>not knowing that the cold shock will induce thermogenesis and make you feel warm asf upon exiting shower
>>
>>36730890
Your pores don't "open" or "close" this is just a figure of speech that has been turned into mom science. hot water does work better for cleaning off your bodies oil.
>>
>>36730459
Luke warm master race
>>
>>36730459
I take cold showers, its not that bad. You just gotta wet your arms for a bit
>>
>>36730459
>want to be manly as fuck
>get under cold shower
>weak immune system
>catch tough cold
>everyone at work thinks im a weak fag who gets KOd by a cold
>they think im a pussy
>cold turns into pneumonia

Th-thanks artofmoustaches.com
>>
>>36731188
>>36733291
FUCK OFF LEDDIT
>>
>>36730459
Fuck off with this bullshit. I tried cold showers for six straight months. Results? None. Absolutely none. Only benefit of cold shower in the morning is that you wake up easier, but the same could be set for using a taser on yourself when your alarm clock goes.

Too much hot showering however ain't that good either. Just take a quick shower everyday and don't stand there for 45 minutes like a woman.
>>
>>36735228
It's funny how nowadays you can sling this reply at any post and 70% of the time it's accurate
>>
>>36731339
Aesthetic as fuaaark
>>
>>36730459
>the whole shower cold

what's the point? i don't feel clean afterwards, just clammy. real men have the bulk of their shower in hot water and then turn it cold once you're done, then stand in it for a while.
>>
>>36730459
yeah I did because it helps with my eczemas
not because of some tough wannabe bullshit but it actually benefits my health
>>
I get lots of turd on me at work, a cold shower just doesn't feel sanitary to me.
>>
>>36730459
A pathetic example of 21st century asceticism.
>>
Cold showers felt great, but gave me splitting headaches after a while, I think because my traps got extremely tight, so I stopped.
>>
>>36730845
Yep. Too hot or long showers will dry out your skin. That's why I only use cold water and soap for washing my hands to prevent cracking.
>>
>>36730501
> most successful people start their days off with cold showers

> most successful people

Not sure if b8 or fucking autistic
>>
>>36730459
Cold water doesn't wash off bacteria nearly as effectively you dirty fuck.

Clean yourself first then turn it to cold.
>>
I do them because they're enjoyable and wake me up a bit more, they're great in summer also.

I don't think there's much benefit aside from being refreshing though.
>>
Very fucking interesting. I'm going to try one of these cold showers, just read a pretty sick article on the positive effects.

A while back I stumbled into the Iceman on Joe Rogan's Podcast. He's a crazy fucker from Europe that loves the cold. He has a world record for being in an ice bath for almost 2 hours. He's fucking nuts. What's interesting is his ability to fight neuro-toxins with his superhuman fucking immune system.
>>
>>36737018
He's the closest thing the West has to an enlightened monk, to him it's not really crazy.
>>
Hot water knob? Haven't touched it in months. I'm actually currently going through the process of having it uninstalled from my plumbing, they should be coming out sometime next week. I had to list a reason(s) on the work order as to why I am requesting my hot water knob to be removed and discarded. Would you can to hear the reasons? Well stay tuned friend. 2 reasons:

>1. Discipline
>2. Mental toughness

My property manager was initially questioning my reasons, but I explained to her that by taking cold showers I am actually able to develop discipline and mental toughness. After a long and heated (note that I needn't anything heated, especially my water) debate, I was able to convince her to put the work order in. Now I'm living a great life, warm water free. I even started forcing my gf to take cold showers with me. I refuse to date an inferior female, and I explained to her that if she can't learn to accept and love cold showers as I have then we really have no business being together anyways.
>>
>>36737079
This is b8, right? You're not actually this autistic, right?
>>
>>36737079
I laughed at the heated debate pun.

Interesting anecdote but tune down on the autism.
>>
File: 1351643889273.jpg (197 KB, 1268x470) Image search: [Google]
1351643889273.jpg
197 KB, 1268x470
Every time I see these threads I think the ppl taking "cold" showers must live in warm areas of the world.
I mean I live in CT, USA and in the summer I take "cold" showers but when everything is warm the water comes out at 65F. There's a huge difference between 65F (refreshing) and 35 (lol hypothermia).
>>
I like to turn down the temperature of my showers for a minute or two before stepping out. I've convinced myself that enduring a few seconds of cold water is good for my skin, plus it makes the transition back to room temperature less intense. I still use warm/hot water for the majority of my shower, though.
>>
>>36737295
This is the correct way to shower
>>
>>36730459
>Don't you just wanna feel the urge to headbutt Mike Tyson
It's would be extremely painful
>>
>>36731188
lol...
>>
File: mirin.jpg (27 KB, 369x434) Image search: [Google]
mirin.jpg
27 KB, 369x434
>>36731188
>>
>>36737079
what if somebody else needs to take a shower in your home?
>>
File: UUUU.jpg (313 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
UUUU.jpg
313 KB, 624x420
>>36737337
For you.
>>
I shower with hot water but only use cold water for my head. Its good for hair. Pretty good compromise desu.
>>
>>36730459
Where do you live
>>
>>36730501
>and most successful people start their days off with cold showers.
appeal to authority
>>
Hot water cleans better. You don't do the dishes or wash your clothes in cold water either.
>>
>>36736806

this guy, i like this guy
>>
>>36737714
>pointing out fallacies on 4chan

Fucking cringed.
>>
>>36731000
trips o truth
>>
File: 2udwrbm.jpg (96 KB, 500x519) Image search: [Google]
2udwrbm.jpg
96 KB, 500x519
>>36730459

Thing is, if you live in the cold this helps you build resistance to it. Usually what this means is that people who do it, will put three buckets of water (or one big i guess) outside and pour them over their head omce they finish showering so their body adjusts to the temperature that is outside...

dunno who memed it to become something more, even though it has benefits of feeling less cold during winter. meaning you dont need as much clothes, meaning you won't overdress and thus oversweat in winter, and that is good.

taking a hot shower in summer is way better than taking a cold one, because adjusting the body to the outside temperature is the key, not astethicism or smthn...
>>
>>36730894
What the fuck is up with this

>Shower starts with my hard dick pressing into her back
>she goes down
>not blocking the water anymore
>end up cowering in the corner with 3rd degree burns and a scared weiner
>>
>>36738080

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ-iNSGrBp0

women come in different temps bruh
>>
>>36730501
>>36730862

top kek, my uncle cold showers and he is a NEET with 50 years old (he has never worked in his life)

it's funny because he also does it to feel tough and say that nothing can make him sick lel
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.