[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm gonna start a job laboring soon in construction,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
So I'm gonna start a job laboring soon in construction, anyway I aint /fit/ at all, in fact I'm a very hungry Skellington, so i'm looking forward to this; I've got an opportunity get paid to do some nice physical labour and get fit in the process. Basically, does /fit/ have any tips for surviving the job and maximising any possible physical gains so I can unlock construction worker body mode.
>>
Drink lots of water and stay hydrated

Get a good night's sleep every night

Eat well and make sure you're getting an adequate supply of cals. I was eating somewhere from 3 to 4 k calories or more just to maintain my weight when doing hard labour
>>
You're going to have to eat, a lot.
>>
Get some good shoes.

Do not do anything unsafe - if you do you will be kicked out of there quicksmart. The construction industry doesn't take kindly to unsafe actions
>>
>>36728799
>literal safe space
>>
>>36728753

not OP, but if I was to work construction 9 to 5 on the weekdays, would I still be able to go to the gym 3x a week or would that be too much?
>>
>>36728802
No - not "literal safe space" - just no room for fuckwits who disregard the safety of others. Your Actions have consequences anon, and your coworkers can be affected by the choices you make..
>>
>>36728781
>>36728793

Okay, if I'm eating above maintainence, and getting all the protein. Essentially if I'm eating the same as if I was bulking and doing SS, am I likely to gain much muscle particularly quickly. I weigh nothing so idc about gaining fat.
>>
>>36728832

I work and lift everyday. Actually when i didnt lift fatigue would accumulate but after i started lifting my body acquired wolverine regeneration.
>>
>>36728753
from a training perspective, make sure you eat good (no fast food, lots of protein and water), make sure you get MINIMUM 8 hours of sleep a day, or gym will take a serious hit.
>>
Learn as much as you can about everything (electricity, water, masonry, HVAC), but first of all learn proper form when you lift weight. Remember proper form include a good body posture AND a hard grip so you don't drop anything valuable (tiling is expensive as fuck, for example). Always wear safety equipment, and stay away from too heavy shit, don't go all macho man because you can hurt yourself badly, and this is not a hobby, it's a job.

Eat well, and eat a lot. Stay away from too much sun, and hydrate yourself.

I used to be a construction worker in Spain and it surely paid for my efforts, I had a nice body for years without even caring about exercise.
>>
>>36728894
Were you making progress doing SS? If so, keep eating like you have been, see how you feel, and adjust as necessary.
>>
>>36728923
>>36729043

Nah I'm not lifting, I intend to try and maximise the gains I can get from this job. So from that end say I eat 4Kcal a day and get all the protein like I'm bulking, I should be able to get quite some gains as if I was doing a lifting program and being otherwise sedentry???
>>
>>36728753
Don't eat the hot food off the lunch trucks. You will eventually get sick.
>>
>>36729264

Don't even have an option for that, we're gonna be outside a city, so gotta make myself some nice calorie dense cheap easy meals for lunch if you've got any ideas. Probably have to eat 2 lunches to get my fill.
>>
>>36728832
I did Insanity while working construction. Good cut.
>>
>I intend to try and maximise the gains I can get from this job

I work construction and was Auschwitz mode when I started a few years back.

You have to realize that everyday in construction isn't the same so it's not always a substitute for a weightlifting program. So it's a good idea to have some free weights to use on slow weeks where you're not pushing your body on the job.

Also I think 4000 calories a day is way too much. I would start with 3000 and go from there. I started eating like a madman and even with all the physical labor I still started getting a gross beer belly but luckily I cut back before it got too bad.

Good luck and be careful not to piss anyone off. Construction crews can get really clique like and you don't want to make yourself an outcast because you went and offended someone's religion or talked about some "faggy kids cartoon" with the wrong dude or some shit. Unfortunately lots of construction workers really do conform to the popular stereotype.
>>
Try and keep a good posture and lift with your legs, back problems are way too easy to get labouring also get some strong gloves or your hands will be the bad kind of shredded
>>
>>36729439

Okay, I'll be lucky if I can get up to 3Kcal, desu. And yeah i'm worried about talking with my colleagues, but hopeful it's not too bad and I'm not too awkward.
>>
>>>36729495

To be honest, talking to my co-workers is the hardest part of construction. There are plenty of grown adult men in the trades with the emotional maturity of fucking children.

Especially pain in the ass is when grown men coworkers act all pissy and throw tantrums and shit. Ugh.
>>
>>36729628

Fuck. Also anybody got any good references for mealplans, recipes, etc etc,
>>
Tips for maximising gains from a construction job, any supplements or particular foods I should be eating?
>>
shut the fuck up already you useless piece of shit, you got a lot of good advice in this thread and didn't even give a word of thanks to any of these anons

I hope you get buried in 10 tons of bricks you ungrateful scum, people like you are the reason why people like me start to hate giving advice or dedicate some time to help in this board, seriously you suck beyond limits
>>
>>36729935

Oh okay, sorry. Just trying to get the most. But thanks for all the advice and tips ITT anyhow, got some things I'm reading about now that look good.
>>
>>36729935

when ya boy anon didn't get his (You)'s
>>
>>36729935
Kek. Someone wasn't loved as a child.
>>
>>36729935
I set my phone alarm to go off every hour on the hour so I can check for the newest dankest meems, and as far as I'm aware this isn't pasta but it should be
>>
Bu
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.