[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone help me. What are the major muscle groups? Every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1458617241692.jpg (17 KB, 277x395) Image search: [Google]
1458617241692.jpg
17 KB, 277x395
Can someone help me.

What are the major muscle groups?

Every time I google it there's a different number.
>>
push pull legs
>>
>>36727462
>What are the major muscle groups?
Face, wallet and dick.
>>
>>36727472
i mean chest, legs, traps.

how do i differentiate between "major muscle groups" and "accessory" i think? the recommendations say to workout the major muscle groups twice a week. which ones are those.
>>
a-anyone?
>>
>>36727525
I thought accessory was dependent on the lift - lats being an accessory in the deadlift and being the major movers in the pullup. I never remember hearing muscles are "accessory muscles" in and of themselves.
>>
The major muscles groups are the largest groups that work together.

Your pecs, delts and triceps (and all minor muscles affiliated with those) allow you to push. When you bench, your delts, pecs and tris are working in unison. The human body wants to distribute as much of the load as possible.

So that's 1. The two others are your biceps and back, and legs and core. Back and biceps is quite a large group, because most movements that train your back and biceps also involve a lot of core.

The last one is your legs and abdominal muscles. These work together in a lot of movements, just think of a leg raise: hip flexors, obliques and (emphasis on lower) abdomis raise the legs.

This is also why ppl is a good way of training. Your body can work as it would normally, whilst allowing you to train multiple days. Also pplx allows you to train every group twice per week.
>>
>>36728740
so if you did pushup, leg raises and chinup you'd hit all the major muscle groups?
>>
>>36728740
I see, so the 3 Major groups are made up of major muscles. Now, what I ask is because other sites have 11 major groups, so would this be where the other ones you didnt mention go? What im wondering is how, with groups of 3, one would workout resistance 3 times a week but hit each major muscle group twice like guidelines suggest? Would someone just begin with 3 times and cardio and then proceed to 6 when in better shape and remove cardio days in place of lifting (depending on goals of course)?

Group 1: Chest, Shoulders, Tri
Group 2: Biceps Back (forearms?) (Traps?)
Group 3: Legs(hams and quads) (calves?)and Core.
>>
>>36728872
Im OP, not who u asked, but from my understanding is yes but you wouldnt necessarily hit every muscle within those groups doing to movements being in only one plane
>>
>>36728983
where is this recommendation of twice a week coming from?
>>
>>36729130
ACSM guidelines
>>
>>36729155
that isn't to add mass I take it, then?
>>
>>36729212
of course it is. Hypertrophy only requires 48 hours of rest tops, by the time you go around ppl 4 days have passed.
>>
>>36729357
the ASCM recommendations of twice a week aren't to add mass, they're only about exercising the muscle - which wouldn't need any recovery time especially.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.