[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'Sup guys, I'm wanna start a PPL routine, which is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: images-22.jpg (4 KB, 240x150) Image search: [Google]
images-22.jpg
4 KB, 240x150
'Sup guys, I'm wanna start a PPL routine, which is the best one for mass? Been lifting on and off for about 2 years. Is coolcicada's routine any good?
>>
Anyone had good results with PPL?
>>
I ran coolcicada's PPL with deadlifts on back day for about six months. I got decent size gainz going from a beginner (used to be on bad brosplit, so I had a year of bad lifting) to what I am now.

lmao4pl8 squat, lmao5pl8 diddly, and lmao 3.5pl8 bench.

His routine will make your bench way stronger than everything else. It took a lot of dedication to get the squat higher than my bench.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
This is what I've been doing the last 3 months and I works out pretty good..
I only care for strength in my bench, squat, DL and pull-ups.
The thing about this program that I like is that if I miss a day, then I just start from where I left.
So I'm trying to do ABCDEFx but sometimes things comes up and then you just take a rest day whenever there is need for it
>>
thoughts on my db-only routine? I use a backpack with plates in order to keep the muscle development on planks, pushups, pullups, chinups and put plates on my hands when doing supermans

WORKOUT PLAN

running: xRxRxRx
lifts: xxABxCA

A (CHEST - TRICEPS - SHOULDERS)
planks 3x1' / leg raises 3x10
superman 3x1'
pushups (neutral-close-wide grip) 3x10
dumbbell flyes 3x10
lateral raises 3x10
dumbbell tricep french press 3x10

B (BICEPS - BACK)
pullups 3x10
chinups 3x10
dumbbell row 3x10
tricep kickback 3x10
curls 3x10
hammer curls 3x10
dumbbell (neutral-close)upright row 3x10
hanging leg raises 3x10

C (LEGS)
planks (normal - side planks) 3x1'
superman 3x1'
lunges 3x10
calf raises 3x10
goblet squats 3x10
>>
>>36724852
Why aren't triceps kickbacks on triceps day, upright rows on shoulder day and hanging leg raises on leg day?
>>
>>36724092
Did you do warm up sets on the compounds?
>>
>>36725110
>leg raises train legs
>>
>>36725271
>Why aren't
>>
>>36725271
So why aren't they on leg day?
>>
>tfw you have to wait until tomorrow to post progress pics 'cause of the less than stellar light conditions
>>
>>36727204
>wrong fucking board
jesus fuck
>>
>>36724092
This is so true
That and big arms
But it makes you aesthetic so thanks coolcicada
>>
Tempted to do PPLPPLx, but I don't understand how progressive overload works, there's no cycling and periodization, when and how am I supposed to increase weight?
>>
>>36727344
when you can all the sets with the current weight
>>
File: 1359118339310.jpg (190 KB, 936x936) Image search: [Google]
1359118339310.jpg
190 KB, 936x936
I base mine off week 3 of this program..
good luck
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/complete-mf-beginners-training-guide-0
>>
>>36724092
>those stats in 6 months
scrach that
>those stats in 18 months

Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>36727386
>when you can
This isn't a good parameter. Success needs planning, not random ego-lifting.
>>
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0tlbo2wt3gbgjt/Push_Pull_Legs%20Split.docx?dl=0

add any accessories you want at the end of your workout
>>
A:
Bench 5x5
Ohp 5x5
Incline cable flyes 3x10
Side raises 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x10

B:
Deadlift 5x5
Pullups 3xF
Cable rows 3x10
Ez bar curl 3x10
Db preacher curl 3x10
Abwork, mostly consisting of:
Hanging leg raises 3x10
Hanging /incline crunches 3x10
Side crunches 3x10

C
Squat 5x5
Lunges 3x10
Leg extension 3x10
Leg curl 3x10

This is mine, any good?
>>
>>36727344
What do you mean?
You just search for the weight you can use. And when that weight starts to become easier, you up the weight.
>>
>>36727688
Sorry, you're right, it was misleading. It took me about two years to hit those numbers. I was trying to say I had to change routines to get better numbers. Since I am unable to properly use language to convey what I was trying to say, I will go back to my hole of no gf.
>>
>>36728362
That's very good progress, congrats m8.
>>
>>36728173
Most intermediate programs have periodization, meaning you have some days where you do heavier attempts, and other days you do volume, and the time of adding weight is already in the layout of the program.
>>
>>36728514
I see what you mean.
Maybe try this?
A heavy
B volume
C heavy
Rest
A volume
B heavy
Cvolume

Repeat
>>
>>36725248
This.
>>
>>36725248
Yes. I always warm up.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.