[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tfw first boxing match today save me /fit/ what have I gotten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
Tfw first boxing match today

save me /fit/ what have I gotten myself into
>>
A boxing match
>>
>>36722111
Just take a dive in the 1st.
>>
You're not fighting Tyson
Move around a lot, stay on his non-dominate side, jab to defend/attack/distract, keep moving your head, you'll be fine
>>
The worst thing that'll happen is you getting knocked out. And that's not so bad.
>>
>>36722136

it would be extremely painful
>>
>>36722295
you a big guy?
>>
>>36722297
for you
>>
>>36722295
You wouldn't know much about it. Chances are the guy OP's fighting won't have a hard enough punch to cause any serious damage.
>>
Pull down your pants, nobody wants to beat the shit out of a mentally handicapped man.
>>
>>36722111

You're on the way to choose your type of life cause ya gotta.

I tell you right now now, a fighter would be the hotta.
>>
>>36722111
Get drunk or take drink robitussin.

I know it sounds like bad advice. But I was drunk or robotripping for most of the time I played Football.

No less than half of all the games over the course of three years and I was still all-county.

Also if you fuck up you have an excuse, and it wont hurt.
>>
>>36722111
>torn on tv
>watch Real Steel
>fap
>eat a banana
>watch his left hook
>end that motherfucker's life
>>
>record it
>do a Dempsey Roll
>post on /fit/
>>
Pretend you're playing dark souls.
>>
File: 1460032770421.gif (2 MB, 255x188) Image search: [Google]
1460032770421.gif
2 MB, 255x188
>>36722111
Watch for left hook.
You'll be doing amateur so you won't end up in a KO
Chances are this it the guy first fight too ,they'll be as scared as you are
>>
>>36722111
future mma fighter here, OP don't be scared, the first fight is always the most stressfull.
>you win
congratulations buddy
>you lose
you lost your first fight, what a surprise. Don't worry, even the best fighter lose fights
>>
Don't be scared of being hit because you will be getting punched beyond a shadow of a doubt. You can win if you believe you can win. Use your footwork, remain calm. Don't close your eyes if you get hit in the face, if he tries to hit your body, make him pay with uppercuts. Don't pussy out cause you will keep yourself awake at night. Good luck OP
>>
File: souls.gif (992 KB, 320x184) Image search: [Google]
souls.gif
992 KB, 320x184
>>36722111
Keep moving, don't get stunlocked
>>
File: lelthuania.webm (3 MB, 963x720) Image search: [Google]
lelthuania.webm
3 MB, 963x720
>>36722111
All Lithuania stands with you :^)
>>
>>36722587
kok
>>
Enjoy your head trauma anon, better call it off because of a sudden "injury".
>>
>>36722485
49-0
>kek
>>
Sounds fun desu
>>
>tfw plantar wart on the bottom of my big toe
>>
>>36722111
got a secret trick i always use. guaranteed victory
>when you are about to lose, win instead
>>
>>36722441
This and post film
>>
>>36722111
just imagine the other guy stole your gains and killed your dog/parents

make him pay with damage
>>
>>36722462
That's a right uppercut breh.
>>
>>36722587
Only a couple more days!
>>
>>36722682
What the fuck is this? Why are currys waving the Lithuanian flag around?
>>
>>36722587
I had a good laugh. Thanks anon.
>>
That's just how it is brah, everyone gets nerved up doing new things, you just have to say fuck it and do it.
>>
>>36722111
The first fight is always the worst, but if you pussy out now then you will have regret for the rest of your life wondering
>what if
>>
PUNCH HARDER
>>
>>36722111
Muay thai fag here, as far as boxing goes keep him on your inside and watch for patterns. Move your head around and attack the body.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg
>>
>>36722485
Actually all the best fighters won all their early fights and have ridiculous records with long streaks of wins after wins.
>>
>>36722386

You're an idiot.
>>
>>36727438
You realize that not every random fight they have counts into those statistics, do you?
>>
>>36722682
>A L L of them in button up shirts
What the fuck is this??
>>
File: bestbrendan.jpg (30 KB, 358x350) Image search: [Google]
bestbrendan.jpg
30 KB, 358x350
I'm back, lost by decision sorry /fit/.
>>
>>36728432

How bad was it? What did your coach say?
>>
>>36722120
I think you may be onto something
>>
>>36728507
"Never speak to me or my wife's son again, you're an embarrassment. Don't come to the gym anymore."
>>
>>36730067
kek
>>
>>36728432
>decision

meh it doesn't even matter, you stood up till the end, no one really won
>>
>>36730067
Bruh
>>
>>36728432
Well, now you know what to expect

The guys you fight often are just as nervous, good on you for getting in there though
>>
I'll train you in my basement, OP. I've never really trained any martial art, but my mom used to beat me when I was a kid and I'd fight cunts at school. Also, I fought a lot in NHL15 be a pro mode. I don't have a basement, though.
>>
Coming from a guy who's 9-3-1 as an amateur kickboxer, if you trained hard you'll be fine. The training is way harder than the actual fight, as soon as one punch gets thrown, even if it doesn't land, you'll start running on autopilot and won't even remember the fight other than being in the corner between rounds, and maybe a couple parts of the actual fight. People will tell comment on something yu did, or your opponent did in the fight and you won't even remember doing it.
>>
>>36730067
Damn nigga
>>
keep those hands up. don't get cute.
>>
Is boxing good for shoulder gains?

I'm starting to feel a little pain in my shoulders when lifting (only after I workout).

Would boxing help for developing stronger shoulders or is it just a ticket to snapcity for me?
>>
>>36722130
You wanna know what the guy who fought Tyson was told before Tyson made his name?

>you're not fighting sugar ray leonard
>>
>>36730520
you don't really get strength through boxing training. Stamina sure, but strength no. I'm around 203 lbs now, and doing boxing on a diet took me down to like 173. It's mostly cardio. You don't need to be strong as fuck to be a good boxer
>>
>>36730564
thanks man
>>
>>36727438
>all the best fighters won all their early fights

not Bernard Hopkins, Alexis Arguello, Gerald McClellan, Carlos Monzon, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam...if I thought about it or boxrec'd it I could come up with more. It is true, though, that most well-connected fighters have their early records padded by tomato can professional losers.
>>
>>36722111
Cmon don't be a glass joe, you get in there and be the best god damn Lil mac you can be you niggerfaggot
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.