[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sweet potatoe hell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 1000x821) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 1000x821
Hey /fit/ apparently undercooked or raw sweet potatoes can be poisonous due to being classed in the nightshade class of plant.

Anyone else deal with this particular bloating hell before?

Of course my reCAPTCHA asks which of these are food and there's fucking sweet potatoes.
>>
Normal potatoes are also of the nightshade family. That in itself does not guarantee that they will be poisonous when raw.
>>
This is day two of having a daily main lunch meal based on a stuffed sweet potatoe recipe (each one is about 1.5 lbs) it halfway cooked after oven roasting.

Went home at 2pm early from work, feels like a knife in my stomache, woke up 40 minutes ago (3:30central) and puked 5 times.

All sweet potatoe.
>>
>>36721739
Never had any problems with sweet potatoes.
Just bake them in the oven and they'll come out great.
>>
Never had this issue before having undercooked sweet potatoes a lot..do you usually eat a lot of veg op?
>>
>>36721912
Yup, vegitarian wife so I'm generally eating whatever she's having plus my portion of meat as well
>>
>>36721739
Sweet potato isn't a nightshade, it's a morning glory. They're in the same class, but so is sage and mint and they're hardly toxic
>>
>>36721739
>I eat raw potatoes, raw tomatoes, raw peppers, and raw huckleberries and still not poisoned.
>All nightshades

OP you are listening too much soccer mom lore
>>
>>36721789
>potatoe
>stomache

Dan Quayle pls go
>>
>>36721739
You're correct in that both potatoes and deadly nightshade are both in the Solanaceae family, however it's just the leaves that are dangerous and I assume you don't get them when you buy the things.

t. botanist
>>
>>36721739
I have juiced them and consumed the juice.... I did not die or go mad from hallucinating.. depends maybe on your genetics whether you have an hypersensitivity
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.