[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate My Routine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Bulging_Biceps_2738149b.jpg (36 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Bulging_Biceps_2738149b.jpg
36 KB, 620x387
Hey /fit/,

I'm just looking for your advice. I have a tendency to life for a month or two then give up. Last week I started to go to the gym again in the hopes of actually making this a long-term routine. Anyway, this is currently my "routine" (3 sets of 10 for all of them):

>Bench press with dumbbells
>Military press
>Butterfly press
>Rows (with machine)
>Curls
>Triceps rope pull-down
>Chest press

I know there isn't any leg stuff yet, but I was wondering if I could get any size from sticking to this routine for a few months. One of my cousins is pretty ripped and he sent me a vigorous routine. I just don't feel comfortable doing most of the exercises yet--a lot of them involve machines that I'm not familiar with.
>>
>>36719174
>Bench press with dumbbells

So... a dumbbell press?

Three sets of ten for all of them is retarded. Whats your main lift? This is just one day right? Wheres the rest of the week?

This is a fucking shit routine. Google a good one and never let anyone give you the responsibility of making something on your own again.
>>
>>36719174
machines are ok for noobs i guess, but dumbbell and barbell exercises are superior.

Do more shoulder stuff. And don't work the same muscles every single day. Do like chest/back on monday and wednesday, shoulders/arms tuesday and thursday, then do legs on friday
>>
>>36719220
No, 3 days a week.
>>
File: dog.jpg (8 KB, 257x257) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
8 KB, 257x257
>Butterfly Press
>>
>>36719174

Read the sticky, do SS.
>>
>>36719220
Also, everything I Google is stupid shit like "lift heavy now and worry about the rest later." I just want a basic, solid routine that's easy to stick to. That Ice Cream Sandwich routine doesn't sound too great either.

>>36719245
Thanks, that sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>36719255
>>36719270

Learn to google better. Doing that three days a week will make you look shit and imbalanced.
>>
Can some1 post a good 4 day routine. Please no strength /fatass routine.
>>
>>36719319
Exactly. This is all I want. I don't have any friends to spot me though, so I can only use dumbbells right now.
>>
>>36719174

Read the sticky and >>36696643
>>
What can I do if I can't do squats? I don't have any friends to spot me.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-09-11-17-46.png (279 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-09-11-17-46.png
279 KB, 1080x1920
Been thinkin of doing this for a while, thoughts?

But i'll do 3x5 and 2x8 instead sincd im cutting atm
>>
>>36719174
That's a terrible routine. Believe us when we say that SS/SL are good. Just do that. They are good. Better than what you came up with.
>>
>>36719757
So this?

>Stronglifts 5×5 uses five free weight compound exercises: the Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift, Overhead Press and Barbell Row. You do three of these exercises each workout, three times a week, for about 45 minutes per workout. You Squat every workout, three times a week.

I can't really do squats or deadlifts. I could do the other three though.
>>
I do this twice a week. How shit is my routine?

Bench press 3x5
Squat 3x5
Dumbell OHP 3x5
Wide grip lat pulldown 3x8
Calf raises 3x8
Weighted incline situps 3xF
Dips 3xF
Hammer curls 3x8

25 min on the elliptical
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.