[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pavels Power to the People routine.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: Power-to-the-People-cover.jpg (28 KB, 310x400) Image search: [Google]
Power-to-the-People-cover.jpg
28 KB, 310x400
Anyone here try Pavel's Power to the People routine? It seems really basic and minimalist, which appeals to me. Its pretty simple as described below:

Workout five days per week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Every workout is the same. Workouts take about 25 minutes and consist of only two exercises; the deadlift and a press variant (OHP, military press, etc).

deadlift
today's work weight x 5 reps
90% of today's work weight x 5 reps

press
today's work weight x 5 reps
90% of today's work weight x 5 reps
>>
>>36718058
needs squatz
>>
Interesting. Im currently doing full body 3x a week, though 5x is supposed to be even better. I guess technically youd be hitting 80-90% of your muscles doing just a diddlylift and a press. Definitely a pure strength routine
>>
>>36718058
absolute meme tier workout. Need squats and bench. If you do this workout you will just get a large core and shoulders but have tiny legs and arms. literally jellybean mode
>>
in the book he also goes over different variations for bodybuilding purposes. snatch grip for upper back, deficit for quads, floor press for chest
he also goes over curls cause he reasons everyone will try them anyway.

its a good book, and proposes cheapest way to get in great shape.
>>
>>36718209
>need squats and bench
>>
>>36718234
They require specialized equipment. Pavel is not anti-squat afaik, but I believe he's anti bench, or at least thinks the west's obsession with it is detrimental.
>>
>>36718260
actually he has a book called 'beyond bodybuilding' and advocates the bench alot. but yes for the general public bench isnt good for peoples already shit posture
>>
File: 9781439835562.jpg (11 KB, 180x271) Image search: [Google]
9781439835562.jpg
11 KB, 180x271
Anyone have a link to the book? I don't know if the routine would work or not but I'd totally be a guinea pig and try it for a few months and see what happens and report back.
>>
File: steinbornlift.jpg (20 KB, 600x307) Image search: [Google]
steinbornlift.jpg
20 KB, 600x307
its not bad. Try it see what results you get. with something this minimalist form and focus really count.

Check out his latest book too simple and sinister if you like minimalism.

The argument is you get significantly more training over time done by minimizing movements and having the irradiation of work through ancillary groups drip in.

>>36718260
Not when you did it based sandows way pic related

>>36718326
any of the pavel torrents should have it.
>>
>>36718326
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DVmxLeDlMMjBuV1k

i have it here. just over halfway down
>>
>>36718058
great routine to go in combo with fighting sports.
(kickboxing, bjj)

not optimal if you look to get bigger,
or aesthetics. for that read the sticky.
>>
>>36718369

Awesome. Thank you.
>>
>>36718058
DR PAVEL I'M CIA
>>
>>36718362
>that middle pose
yikes
>>
>>36718489
ya but look at his erectors man he can take it
>>
>>36718501
To quote some old time powerlifter:
>You can be wrong, if you're strong.
>>
>>36718058
It will make a beginner stronger and better looking, but it's far from ideal if you're really looking to get strong as fuck or ripped. It's basically something you can do that requires minimal time, effort, and equipment, but still get some results in health, strength, and physique.
>>
You mean you deadlift 5 times a week on that routine?
>>
>You mean you deadlift 5 times a week on that routine?

Yes, 5 days a week, Mon through Fri,
2x5 Deadlifts with second set being only 80% weight of first set
2x5 Press with second set being only 80% weight of first set
>>
File: tumblr_m9p96hnQVc1qgy3iwo1_400.gif (26 KB, 400x216) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9p96hnQVc1qgy3iwo1_400.gif
26 KB, 400x216
>>36718538
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!
>>
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE0NTQ5OTQ0.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE0NTY1ODg0.html

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE0NjIzOTIw.html
>>
File: big guy training secrets.png (232 KB, 310x399) Image search: [Google]
big guy training secrets.png
232 KB, 310x399
>>36718058
>>
>>36719053
>for every American
>not for you
>>
File: big guy training secrets.png (227 KB, 310x399) Image search: [Google]
big guy training secrets.png
227 KB, 310x399
>>36719157
>>
>>36719182
kek
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.