[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT We talk about the glories of the bicycle and how much superior
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Image.jpg (109 KB, 705x400) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
109 KB, 705x400
ITT We talk about the glories of the bicycle and how much superior it is to running.
>can bike much longer and harder than running
>won't kill knees into old age
>can remain competitive into old age
>not only great workout but great transportation too
>all money that would go towards a car could be used to buy girls chocolates, flowers, child support, and movie tickets
>
>>
>>36714848
I just bought a bike yesterday.
>>
Road my bike today, 60 miles. Any Texan bros out there be doing the MS?
>>
>>36715044
What type?
>>
My city is not made for bicycles. I ain't risking my life for dat.
>>
>>36715264
Mountain
>>
>>36715301

Mine isn't either, everyone fuckin' hates people on bikes here. I don't even go slowly in the city though, I don't think there is a single time where I don't keep up with cars or catch them at stop lights.

Anyway, it's fucking hilarious when people yell at you to get off the road, then get caught at a light 15 seconds later. I love riding up to people who just yelled at me and calling them bitches or punks, or just looking at them. I rolled up to numerous people in the city after they yelled at me and said something like "fuck you just say" and they'll instantly roll up their windows. They probably think "Holy shit this muscular guy on a bike in spandex is having a roid rage"
>>
I enjoy biking but...
I have had my bike in storage for the last few months at uni, it is small for me, I believe it is made for people who are around 5'5". I walk to class everyday and started stronglifts a couple of weeks ago, and my squat has been progressing nicely. Last week I got my bike out of storage and started riding it to classes, now my knees feel fucking weird when I squat and I am less comfortable walking. I have since stopped biking and instead walk. My squat is back to normal now. Do any of you think this could be caused by the bike, or would it just be I had an off 2 workouts?
>>
>>36715494

If your seat was too low it could definitely cause that, watch some kind of "proper seat height" guide on youtube and adjust it.

a bike for people who are 5'5 should be fine all the way up to about 5'10 IF you can raise the seat high enough that your legs extend enough.
>>
>>36715532
okay thanks I'll see if that helps.
>>
>tfw americans riding their bikes on the road, mad automobilists everywhere
feels good being a dutchfag
srsly though, is it really that bad?
>>
>student in a biking uni town
>could go for a long-ass bike ride
>although my bike is absolute shit, a rusty heap from the 80s that I bought from a hostel used to be able to get around town
>could just go lift some weights and do bike in the gym instead

what do /fit/?
>>
>>36715564
No, it's not that bad. Especially when you don't have to worry about being culturally enriched on the way to work.
>>
>>36715564
I'd much rather go to a park, we have a huge one here in STL. Nothing sounds fun about having to ride and look out for cars.
>>
>>36714848
Running has no association with knee damage, FYI. I say this as someone who loves road bikes and runs a little too.

Also any other bikers here live in snowy climates? How do you deal with the winter? I rode my bike in the snow for a year and used soccer socks on my legs, but the ice and salt fuck everything up.
>>
>>36715601
right in the feels
luckily I live in an upper midder class area
>>
>>36715601
>culturally enriched

Once when riding home from a bike race (long ass fucking ride, it was a 2:20 drive on the freeway by car to get there) I got lost, ended up in the ghetto(did not realize it at the time). Was starting to get dark and I didn't have lights,so went up to a group of young black fellas and asked for directions. (keep in mind, in the situation I'm a 140 pound 5'8 skeleton, suffering from dehydration after riding 115+ miles over the last 6 hours...) Their eyes literally all instantly locked down onto my bike as I approached them and started to speak, needless to say I got the message and rode off instantly and just called my mom to pick me up 15 miles later

Assuming this means getting robbed by niggas and not blown up in a terrorist attack...
>>
>all these running VS cycling DYELs

You do know that swimming is superior to both of these shit-tier cardio exercises, right?

>more muscle involvement
>more calories burned
>more fun
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.