[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am I not losing bodyfat, but losing weight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1444216915317.jpg (44 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
1444216915317.jpg
44 KB, 500x328
23 years old
6'1
Lifting for over a year now
bulked hard, now I have a high bodyfat percentage, so I wanted to cut down a bit.

For the past 10 weeks I've been eating 1800 STRICT.

I wake up, have some eggs for breakfast with pork sausages, which totals up to 500 calories. I have a protein shake afterwards, which is 200 calories. then I go to work and I drink a couple of cups of coffee per day. I get home, I go to the gym, come back and eat a bunch of chicken and broccolli, which totals to 900 extra calories. Then before i go to sleep I have another protein shake + ZMA, Fish oil and amino acid pills.

I've lost 4kg. But I look exactly the same, I still look fat. Mind you, I was never that fat to begin with, I was maybe at 20% MAX, so shouldn't I be seeing SOME sort of result in 2+ months?

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>36711036
Post before/after pics and weight
>>
>>36711058
nah nigga that's gay as fuck
>>
>>36711074
It's gay if balls are touching
>>
>>36711036
Too much water, too much coffee, not enough lean protein.
I suggest you drop the coffee all together, that shit is awful, buy some buffalo meat instead of pork, and make sure you're eating fresh, local produce, not supermarket shit.
>>
>>36711036
What about lifts, are they going down too?
Otherwise, though I don't know shit about it, I'd guess that that's a sign of not losing muscle?

>wtf is up with popcorn captchas
>>
cut harder, go for 1400kcal/day
>>
come back when you've been doing it a year op.
>>
>>36711036
Try fasting
>>
Don't rely on your weight to judge if you're losing bodyfat. That can fluctuate a lot, and how fat you appear to yourself is heavily influenced by your own preconceptions.

Get some bodyfat calipers and start measuring with those every week.
>>
>>36711134
Coffee increases TDEE and suppresses appetite, it's great for cutting. You're fucking stupid.

>>36711209
He's losing 1 lb a week. He doesn't need a bigger calorie deficit. You're fucking
stupid.

>>36711474
Why would he fast? His cut is going fine.

OP, don't worry. It's not uncommon for fat people to look the same after losing 10 lbs. The rate of your weight loss is perfect. If you are lifting weights and keeping your protein intake high, you will lose minimal lean mass. Keep doing what you're doing. Don't "cut harder" or whatever other dumb shit people in this thread have suggested. There is currently nothing to fix.
>>
>>36711676
It's clearly not, fatty.
>>
>>36711036
As horrible as it is to say, you have shit genetics. Lifting just isnt your skill. Try another sport.
>>
>>36711036
You are seeing some results. 4kg is something.

At 20% bodyfat, you're not going to be losing 1kg/week. Very high rates of fat loss are for fat people.

Also, you could consider adding cardio.

>But I look exactly the same
This is pretty subjective, and over a small length of time, you might not see any changes.
>>
if you really want to see how different you look drop sodium for 2 days, then check in the morning on an empty stomach
>>
>>36712760
god
damn
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.