[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grains and legumes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: skillet-rice-and-beans1.jpg (895 KB, 2320x1547) Image search: [Google]
skillet-rice-and-beans1.jpg
895 KB, 2320x1547
Do you eat them? I eat oats every morning and eat a lot of kidney beans, chickpeas (out the can, drained and rinsed), quinoa, brown rice and barley. My paleo friend told me to stop because of antinutrients and because they make holes in your gut
>>
>>36706569
>carbs
>paleo
>>
>>36706569

>human beings literally evolved alongside the need to cook their food
>listening to paleo fags ever

Lmao
>>
>>36706702
>human beings literally evolved
And how much of that do you think happened within the last couple thousand years?
>>
http://theplate.nationalgeographic.com/2015/09/11/ancient-oat-discovery-may-poke-more-holes-in-paleo-diet/
>>
>>36706569
Black beans are pretty good, proton-wise.
I like them with salsa and sometimes veggies.
>>
>>36706569
The fad paleo diet is nothing compared to the REAL paleo diet which doesnt restrict grains or milk just because. I have sources on this if u want.
>>
>>36706569
I don't see anything wrong with eating them, my parents for almost 70% of their meals in some variation. For myself i usually have some type of meat + quinoa + veggies + lentils for almost all my meals.

ill be honest, I'm not educated on the matter enough.
>>
>>36706938
>paleo with dairy, grains and legumes
That's just diet of real foods, right? Of course that's great for you, why needs sources
>>
>>36706702
>human beings literally evolved
>>
>>36706766
Quite a bit. Humans have evolved the ability to digest lactose (if your ancestors kept cattle, i.e. Europeans).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactase_persistence
Humans have been eating grains for 100,000 years, not "the last couple thousand years".
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/humans-feasting-on-grains-for-at-least-100000-years/
Primitive people generally value carbohydrate sources greatly and will go to great lengths to obtain and prepare them, they eat grains and tubers and our ancestors did the same.
>>
>>36706569
>they make holes in your gut
Why would you even consider listening to someone that said shit like that?
>>
>>36707728
'Leaky gut' is retard talk for irritated
>>
>>36706569
>because of antinutrients
>because they make holes in your gut

Your paleo friend is retarded.
>>
>>36708096
There is real science behind the antinutrient thing. Phytates, lechtins
>>
>>36706569
They're probably really healthy and really tasty if you use a nice recipe. I just can't justify all that carbs when cutting.
>>
>>36706569
>paleo

you should immediately disregard his opinions from now on OP. And if I were you, I'd stop hanging out with him.

Couldn't imagine having a 'friend' that does Paleo. Does he train Crossfit as well?
>>
>>36708763
He does 'strongman' in his back garden, as well a lot of natural movement stuff
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.