[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your least favorite lift?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 3
File: 1459119206699.png (296 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1459119206699.png
296 KB, 500x371
What's your least favorite lift?
>>
ur mum
>>
I love seeing results from ohp but hate doing it
>>
Right now hip adductors
>>
>>36706208
Rows, no contest.
Enjoy most other lifts, but not rows. Maybe curls too.
>>
bench
>>
>>36706285
what the SHIT

curls are by far the best exercise. nothing gives you a pump like curls, running your hand over your pumped biceps is literally orgasm-inducing

rows are pretty fun too
>>
>>36706208
Alright I'll be the first to say it
Fuck squats
They're so hard for lanky fucks
>>
>>36706291
this

specially decline because you always need a spotter
>>
>>36706306
That can be fixed by not doing decline
>>
>>36706208
Box squats or front squats
>>
>>36706306
why would you do decline
literally fighting your body's attempts to be aesthetic
>>
Rows. Maybe because my back has always been strong. I can row a lot more than I can bench.
>>
OHP.

I never seem to make any real progress, and it makes me furious.
>>
Literally hate squats I do them 3 times a week though cause I know they're important, but fuck I wish there was a more comfortable alternative.
>>
>>36706313
>>36706343
doesn't it help with muscle ups?
>>
>>36706208
Squats, no matter how much I force myself to do them, I dread doing them every time.
>>
All of them
>>
And kind of rows, especially with a barbell
>>
>>36706393
Not as much as dips
>>
>>36706208
FUCK LUNGES

FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM.

Also not a fan of leg extensions (feels weird in a bad way) or leg curls (feels weird in a good way that shouldn't be felt in public).
>>
>>36706296
ohp is most exhilarating for me senpai

Slinging weight over my head like Tarzan did that big cat

Bicep pump is pretty nice though.
>>
>>36706535
Wtf I know exactly what you mean with leg curls!? It feels like I'm getting a mental erection even though it physically hurts..
>>
probably lat pulldowns because i can't micro-load or deload, it's either 15lbs or stay where i am
>>
>>36706795
couldn't you grab a 5lb plate from elsewhere in the gym and put it on top of the stack?
>>
Absolutely hate doing lateral raises.
>>
>>36707118
When ever I've tried doing lateral raises I felt like I was fucking up my shoulders in some way. I'll stick to OHP.
>>
Honestly...
Squats.

Since i've played sports like hockey and rugby ever since i could walk, my legs have gotten big from that alone.

Whenever I do squats i feel like im wasting time because my upper body is so far behind everything else.
>>
File: CIMG2006.jpg (292 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
CIMG2006.jpg
292 KB, 1600x1200
>>36706795
>>36707088 (sieg heil)
Pic related nigga

>>36707118
Loser
>>
>>36706208
SQUATS

THEY ARE SO HARD

Although my Romaleos 2 are on their way so I'm excited to squat in them for the first time. They might make the movement feel better
>>
deadlift

i blew out my lat doing deadlift and now i can't do them anymore.
>>
>>36706297
No they aren't, you just have weak legs
>>
>>36706208
Curls cuz biceps are undeveloped from not enough curls.
>>
Bench Press
>>
backsquats. So half the time I just replace it with front squats.
>>
>>36707268
I deadlift 2pl8 but can barely atg half a plate
>>
>>36706208
Squats. I can squat 350x5, but I still fucking hate them
>>
Gonna have to say squats
don't get me wrong, I do my squats, 3 times a god damn week first thing. It's not so much that they're hard so much as they're absolutely exhausting.
>>
>>36707268
>>36707804
My DL 1 RM was 3.5 pl8 while my squat 1 RM was <2. I realize femur length shouldn't be used as an excuse for a bad squat but to say it doesn't make a difference is silly
>>
>Have kyphosis
>can't deadlift

So deadlift.
>>
Squats or OHP

I'm progressing alright with squats but every time I up the weight I feel like I'm going to fail the last couple reps of every set. Scary as fuck and potentially very embarrassing.

And OHP is just OHP. Every time I feel like I'm starting to progress I stall and have to deload.
>>
CURLS I HATE THEM BITCHEs
>>
>>36706404
ding ding ding

most unnatural feeling shit ever
>>
>>36707961
why is that?
I have kyphosis (albeit not so much) too and love deads
>>
>>36707804
As expected... you have weak legs
>>
Flat Dumbbell Press. Have only ever trained incline DB press + flat BB bench. Much Much stronger on both.
>>
Lawnmowers
Lat pulldown
Anything rear delt.

They all just feel awkward as fuck
>>
I've been doing bench for 2 years without a spotter. Can't let fear of death get in the way of gains. A friend would be nice :( but gains are there for the taking.
>>
Lateral raises.

No matter how strong I get it always feels like a chore.
>>
rows fucking suck for some reason, especially barbell rows

other back exercises don't feel shitty though
>>
>>36707088
At my gym it says "don't put extra weights on." Does it mean, don't put extra weight on top of the max load, or to not put any extra weight on? It confuses me.
>>
>>36709516
I hope you know that you should take off the clips while benching alone. This way if the bar starts pressing you on the neck you can shimmy it over to one side and dump off the plates. Or at least balance on the plates to remove some pressure.

I hate Deadlift because I suck really bad at it.
>>
>>36707146
lol
>>
OHP..

God I feel so weak.
It's weirdly humbling too, probably why i never see anyone in my gym do it
>>
probably squat at the moment, cause it's my best

can squat twice my body weight, around 150kg

wish my bench was better tho desu
>>
deficit deadlifts
>>
>>36706208
Squat because im bad at it and I fucked up my back ;-;
>>
>>36706535
>>36706770
Damn guys wtf, same with me. All other pumps and last reps in sets hurt in a painful, burning way but when I do leg curls the last reps and pushing past failure feels like almost orgasmic.
>>
Bench press fucking terrifying because no gymbro
>>
Fucking squats and lunges always leave me sore as fuck, so probably them. I hate working out delts took because my arms feel week the rest of the day
>>
>>36710175
this. and all the gymgoers I can ask to spot me are all "train-your-ego" people that basically do 30% of the lift even though I ask them just to make sure I dont crash my face with the bar
>>
>>36710175
Use dumbbells instead.
>>
File: 1349353379160.png (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1349353379160.png
16 KB, 200x200
Deads and to a lesser extent squats because I've had two hernias (not from lifting though.)
>>
>>36709739
main reason I hate squats, worried one day I'll snap my shit up even if I use good form. luckily I'm an asian manlet and stretch/do mobility work
>>
>>36706208
Bench.
I can only 5x5 1pl8 but I'm afraid I won't progress any more without a gymbro/spotter. I'm too autistic for that shit.
>>
fuck squats
they make me so goddamn tired instantly
>>
>>36711140
same here brah, Wanna be my spotter?
>>
>>36706343
Yfw Dorian Yates recommends decline over other forms of bench.

Yfw I get the chest pump of the gods while doing decline and you get only tricep/anterior deltoid gains.

Yfw I progress faster because I do decline instead of flat/incline.
>>
Tricep pushdowns. My arms are finally starting to grow but I hate those fucking things.

On the flip side I love me some rows.
>>
>>36706402
this
>>
>>36706393
Doing pull ups, dips, and muscle ups helps with muscle ups.
>>
Diddy ATM. It's gone down a lot since it was the one I skipped most often, not intentional.

And I think my form needs correction too, which blows because all my other lifts are on point. I can rep like 365 now, but I'm living in fear of my lower back. Lost my mojo bruv
>>
>>36709672
It's written ambiguously to test which ones are cucks and which ones are not.
>>
>>36711691
Well nobody works there, you use a PIN code to get in, so I could probably get away with it anyway.
>>
>>36706402
same
>>
>>36706285

This

Fucking rows
Fuck every type of row
Fuck pendlay rows
Fuck seated rows
Fuck dumbell rows

I just can't stand them and I don't know why.
>>
>>36706296
bicep pump sure is fun but I fucking hate the burn on bicep isolations. Nothing burns as much as they do.
>>
Pull-ups, there's something about them that makes my body feel horrible. It isn't the feeling of strain against heavy weight, it's difficult to describe. A sort of nausea.
>>
Deadlift is my least favourite because it's my weakest

The Press is my favourite as it's my strongest lift
>>
military press
>>
>>36706297
Feel ya Anon
>Those leg gains are worth it though
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.