[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you considered a bitch if you use the hexbar, instead of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: hexbar.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hexbar.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
Are you considered a bitch if you use the hexbar, instead of just the regular bar to dead lift?

>just started lifting this year
>my form for dead lifts has gotten better, but still not perfect
>tried hexbar for first time after someone recommended it
>can lift more/ do more reps easily
>back never comes close to curling
>>
>>36705313
it's not a deadlift if yr using the hexbar faget
>>
>>36705329
This, a hexbar deadlift, is closer to a leg press than to an actual deadlift, not that it isn't useful, but it just isn't the best substitute.
>>
Hexbar basically turns the movement into a poor man's squat.

Deload your dealift weight and improve your technique, faggot.
>>
You're putting more compressive force on your spine instead of shear force on it as you would if you're doing it with a barbell, which is an important function of deadlifting with a barbell.

Would not replace it with deadlifts

Wouldn't even suggest training with it at all
>>
I did farmerwalks with this fucking piece of shit the other day and now my knees hurt and I cant fucking squat today.

The fuck did I do that shit for, never again, sticking to squats, fuck your farmers walks
>>
>>36705347
So if I'm already doing squats, then there's no point.

thanks bros
>>
>>36705379
>sticking to squats, fuck your farmers walks
They are completely different exercises with different purposes, one cannot just replace the other
>>
>>36705434
Yes, but that different exercise has temporarily fucked up my ability to perform another exercise
>>
The hex bar dead may be the best squat ever. Think about it. You can hex bar dl more than you can squat at the same depth, the weight distribution/centre of gravity makes it this way. You're not thrashing your lower back either. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>36705329
>>36705336
>>36705343
What if the Hexbar is bigger for more space? This looks superior to using a normal barbell to me. Deadlift is a shitty exercise due to shin scrapping.
>>
>>36705881

The positioning on a hexbar means that its much less of a hip hinge movement like a deadlift and much more like a partial squat or a leg press. This has its uses in training but generally fills a different niche - it'd be like deciding that overhead pressing fills the same training spot as flat bench.
>>
>>36705881
>don't want to deadlift because it hurts my shins

Come on, senpai.
>>
>>36705313
>at the gym
>see the hexbar
>think it's a fat guy weight belt
>try it on and start walking over to the dumbells to get some curls in
>some /fit/bro starts laughing
>hear him mutter that he can't believe I'm using it that way
>feel ashamed
>tell myself "this is not a weight belt for fat guys"
>go to take it off
>it's stuck
>start jumping but the jiggles just push it in more
>don't know what to do
>see the PT eyeing me ready to come help
>can't have that because I've heard him help people and I know I know more than him
>go get a drink of water
>strut out of the gym in my new weight belt
>break a window

How long do you think I should wait before I go back?
>>
>>36705313
You tell me.

https://streamable.com/g52e
>>
>>36705881
You are retarded.
>>
>>36705499
>at the same depth

What kind of shit half ROM are you doing? Look at OP's picture. No one has the proportions to get their thighs to parallel with hex bar DL
>>
>>36705347
boardie, you are able to do a hexbar deadlift with 125% of 1rm and then do a slow negative. The positive part of the movement is shit, but still getting some benefit from it, but if your 1rm on deadlifts are 400 and you do a 450 hex dead with a slow negative (that mimics a deadlift form) then youre cooking with fire
>>
>hurr Durr trapbar makes you do squats

There is absolutely no reason you can not have your knees, hips, and back at the same angle as a traditional deadlift. It's easier to use with good form because weight is better centered with your body. You should not be using your quads, if you do you're doing a bastardized back squat not a deadlift. Unless you're competing, trapbar deads are perfectly fine.
>>
>>36705881
>due to shin scrapping

I bet you wear lifting gloves to stop your hands from getting calloused. .
>>
>>36706187
I bet you use air conditioning in the summer, beta cuck.
>>
>>36705956
Is that bitch supposed to be arching his back so much?
>>
>>36706119
Yeah but what's the function of that? The concentric is the only important part of the lift
>>
>>36706162
>>36705313
it's fine for hammie strengthening but putting the weight in line with your axis does make this a hack squat and removes a lot of the back pulling exercise and glute drive at the end, also you should drop your hips lower when using these since it'll be mechanically easier, and parallel would give you more ROM and work since you are essentially squating
not judging op or this guy though
a happy fit is a healthy fit
>>
>>36705313
Why do you care what they think?
>>
>>36706094
Turn the hex bar upside down so that the extended handlebars are pointing at the ground. Your new hand position is now lower and you should be able to break parallel.
>>
>>36706377
Please make more posts like this.
>>
>>36705881
pussy
>>
>>36705956
this is how you snap your shit
>>
>>36705313
i have used it on days all the oly bars are being used, and i got as good as a work out with it.

noticed my traps grow faster when i deadlift with this sort of bar, so yeah its pretty damn good. no, you're not a bitch as long as you can do more than 2 fuckin pl8
>>
>>36706505
I post like this all the time and get called a faggot
>>
>>36705956
El Cukcuky
>>
>>36705881
nigga you just got pussy ass shins
>>
>>36706326
dude, go research anything with "eccentric" and "strength training" in the last 10 years

how do you guys not research daily or subscribe to strength and conditioning research journals FUCK
>>
>>36705379
Farmers are a great exercise, I guarantee you were doing them wrong.
>>
File: 1458596955710.jpg (41 KB, 356x437) Image search: [Google]
1458596955710.jpg
41 KB, 356x437
>>36705881
>shin scrapping
Maybe you aren't cut out for lifting familia
>>
>>36705881
>Deadlift is a shitty exercise due to shin scrapping.
Twink
>>
>>36705956

aaaaaaand that's why he has fluid in his lungs now

Saved by the injuries.

Khabib make Cuckold fly.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.