[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just got diagnosed schitzophrenic >placed on anti-psychotics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 124124.jpg (237 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
124124.jpg
237 KB, 1300x1300
>just got diagnosed schitzophrenic
>placed on anti-psychotics
>constantly lethargic barely able to get out of bed in the morning
>not completing assignments for classes
>every female in my life has suddenly decided they don't want to be within 10 feet of me
>saw my psychic (I don't need your opinion on it, she's told me many true things already)
>told me i've in grave danger of losing my life at the end of this year
>only thing that kept me going over the past few months is the gym
>didn't go today and layed in bed staring at the ceiling instead
How do I go on.
Seriously how do I?
>>
What anti-psychotics? I'm on them and it's fine, stop being a bitch. Just take them at night.
>>
>>36698187
Abilify
>>
The answer is always pushups and a heavy bag.
>>
>>36698177
It's not the end of the world.
You likely had an episode and scared a whole bunch of people with weird shit.

They will come back in time, you just need to sort your shit out. Medications change too, once your condition stabilises the psyches like to scale back on the things that knock you out. They aren't trying to box you into some kind of meaningless existence, they just have experience in dealing with these kinds of cases.
>>
>>36698177
> psychic
>>
>>36698177
>psychic

Wow, you really are a crazy person.
>>
>>36698177
>>saw my psychic (I don't need your opinion on it
Yeah because why would we question the opinion of a schizophrenic person?
>>
>Psychic

holy fuck are you retarded nigga what are you doing
>>
Hey. Are you me?

I was diagnosed 4 years ago paranoid schizophrenic. It was a really scary time, made worse by everyone around me not knowing how to handle it. Don't blame them though, they're just as confused as you are.

Stick with the meds. Don't be afraid to tell your psych if they make you miserable. Part of getting better is finding a medicine that fits you well. I went through at least 4 different meds til I found the one that enables me to live a normal life.

Keep lifting. Find something to anchor yourself to, whether it be the gym or art (that was mine) or whatever the fuck makes you happy.

I'll be sticking around to talk with yah
>>
>>36698177
>your psychic warned you of your impending death

No, no, no

Stop that bullshit

I don't care if she told you the winning lottery numbers stay the fuck away from her, don't give someone money to freak you out and make you worried about death

"But of that day and hour no one knoweth, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone."--Matthew 24:36
>>
I'm on antipsychotics
My girlfriend is
My best friend is

Life will get better. Stop going to your psychic, it enables your schizophrenia, it's bullshit.

Take one day at a time, it does get better. Stick to your gym, it will help you through rough times. Maybe start running a bit on the side.

No matter how shit it gets, you can survive and heal. Take that from someone who attempted suicide several times and with way too many self harm scars. Fucking voices man, fucking delusions as well. I believed I was the saviour.

Diagnosed since '12, on seroquel since then. My girlfriend is on abilify since mid '15, she's has gotten a lot better. My best friend has been on abilify, didn't quite work out for him, he's not on paliperidone. Remember that you need to find the med that works for you.
>>
>>36698177
>i dont nee your opinion on it, she's told me many true things already

OP, I don't give a fuck. I don't give a fuck about your condition. I have it too. It is however probably much milder than yours. Mine is mostly 'negative' rather than 'positive' with almost a full grasp on reality 90% of the time.

Now dude. Psychics will fuck you up. Especially if you are prone to psychosis episodes.

No need to believe my opinion. But you CAN do some research. Read the science behind it. Research it and make sense of it.

Just because you are more detached from reality than most of the population, doesn't make you DUMB. You are more than capable of logical thoughts if you focus on it and stick to FACTS rather than experiences.

And the fact is, your experiences aren't the most reliable mate. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you can pick and choose which experiences to disregard.

Lead a life of logical conclusions if you want to save yourself.
>>
>>36698967
>"But of that day and hour no one knoweth, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone."--Matthew 24:36

Damn son. I like it.
>>
>>36698177
Is there a published connection between schizophrenia and believing mystic bullshit? Outside of actual delusions
>>
>psychic
>>>/x/
>>
>>36698177

>believes in psychics

Everything negative in your life is an experience you deserve, idiot.
>>
>>36699032
The detachment from reality can sometimes make it difficult for people to recognize quality sources of information or poor sources of information (E.G made up garbage).

Since a lot of schizophrenics tend to have periods of time in which they believe people are "out to get them" or that everything one big trick and people are hiding information from them. They can end up convincing themselves that information people say is is false has a higher chance of being true.

It's a bad cycle and meds don't always help if this way of thinking and coming to conclusions is heavily ingrained in their minds already.
>>
>Psychic

Yeah
>>
>>36698177
>using a psychic
>being this unbelievably retarded.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.