[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fit. When should you start using lifting belts? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: images(14).jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images(14).jpg
4 KB, 275x183
Alright /fit. When should you start using lifting belts?

I used to 3pl8 squat and diddy with no issue during bulk but now during my cut I can barely do it and even had to drop the bar once on a 275lb squat because I just felt my back flexing.
>>
>>36696993
When things start getting heavy
>>
>>36696993
when u feel like you want to increase ur max
gotta play safe first
>>
>>36696993
Only use them when you max out. My last max was 445lbs at 180lbs bodyweight and I never use belts aside from maxes.
>>
>>36696993

When you feel like you need them. Also note, that a belt won't make any difference if you don't know how to brace when using it, so it's not good to only use it during max attempts.
>>
Whenever you want. It doesn't fucking matter. These idiots here will HURRDURR about it but oh well.
>>
Just used one for the first time after doing a bit of research on how. Added 30 lbs to my DL but probably could have done more.
>>
I hope i never do. At a 3.75 pl8 DL and a 2.5pl8 squat.
>>
>>36697653

I was like you once. Now I have a 515 lb deadlift and a 450 squat. There's nothing wrong with a belt.
>>
A belt is not a safety device. It'll help you brace your core harder and will probably add a few kgs to your squat/dead when you figure out how to use it, but it won't prevent injuries. There is nothing wrong with using a belt but it's not a replacement for learning how to lift with safe form.
>>
>>36696993
I wear a belt on heavy squats. Whatever is heavy for me at the time, that's when I wear the belt. When I was eating at a surplus, I'd wear a belt at around 405 and up on squats (max I tried was 435 triple). Now that I've been eating at a deficit and lost a significant amount of weight, I wear a belt for my sets of 365 and occasionally for my sets of 315 and greater.
>>
>>36696993
i use my belt only on heavy/working sets. go beltless when warming up and working up to your sets, then throw the belt on (if you consider x weight heavy)
>>
>>36697713
This. When you actually get to heavy weights, it stops being a pride thing
>>
>>36697367
Well why don't we all just do whatever you think is appropriate since you are the standard in weightlifting
>>
File: [fedora intensifies].gif (618 KB, 263x396) Image search: [Google]
[fedora intensifies].gif
618 KB, 263x396
>>36696993
>lifting belts
>>
>>36697894
t. dyel
>>
>>36696993
Probably at about 80-90% of your max or above. There's really not too much reason to use it for warm up or working weight sets. But use it for those last couple heavy sets to get some extra gains
>>
File: laughing guinea pig thing.jpg (121 KB, 948x717) Image search: [Google]
laughing guinea pig thing.jpg
121 KB, 948x717
>>36697947
strong projection detected

stay mad little faggot
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.