[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this Rich Piana 8 meals a day legit or not? Thinking of doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: bobby.jpg (74 KB, 439x540) Image search: [Google]
bobby.jpg
74 KB, 439x540
Is this Rich Piana 8 meals a day legit or not? Thinking of doing it, would it would if you bust ur ass in the gym 5 days a week?
>>
>>36693354
If you're not on steroids you're gonna gain a lot of fat.
>>
>>36693411
Thats what I figured. Maybe put it down to 5 meals then?
>>
da fuck
>>
>>36693420
the amount of meals doesn't mean anything count your calories and macros
>>
>>36693354
don't emulate roiders if you aren't a roider. do what >>36693460 says
>>
>>36693460
this
what is a 'meal'
for rich piana a 'meal' is a decent measurement because he strictly eats prepackaged frozen boxed meals.
For the rest of the world a meal could be anything, any amount of calories and macros.
>>
>>36693603
speaking of which do u know what he buys? They look pretty decent and filling and convenient
>>
>>36693653
Just measure out brocoli rice and chicken breast for how many cals you want
(Your daily cal intake with regard to what macros you wanna achieve) / (how ever many meals you want to eat a day)
Or you could just start roiding and cookies arnt a calorie your way past humanity
>>
>>36693714
Is it worth roiding?
>>
Yes it's probably beneficial for you. But first of all Rich does this because he is on so many roids and growing so fast he needs to eat an insane amount of calories. You can only eat so many in one sitting so he has to split it up throughout the day.

Now even if you don't roid you could benefit, because your body can only absorb so much protein at once and the rest gets lost or used as carbs basically. However your body can be building muscle 24 hrs, so in the perfect world you would continuously eat a small amount of protein so that a constant infusion of amino acids bathes your muscles. This won't make a huge difference from someone eating 3 meals a day, but a more frequent diet with smaller meals is more efficient than one with fewer but larger meals.
>>
>>36693766
Broscience everywhere. How's your first month of lifting going?
>>
>>36694000
I'm in medical school retard. Find a source disproving me if it's bioscience asshole.
>>
>>36694051
You're not a med student shitposting on /fit/. I can't prove you're not a med student but I know you're not and you know you're not and that's enough for me.
>>
>>36693434
Niggers get off of my ch0n
>>
>>36694051
I could point out something that you said that was retarded
>your body can only absorb so much protein at once and the rest gets lost or used as carbs
>protein used as carbs
>protein
>carbs

Go drop out.
>>
>>36693766
basically this. you can only absorb 30-40 gr of protein per at once iirc. Rich can eat so much because he is roided and big
>>
>>36694131
>>36694131
>lost
>used as carbs
I agree, anon, medfag should stop posting falsehood
>>
File: _20160407_233011.jpg (368 KB, 1430x1642) Image search: [Google]
_20160407_233011.jpg
368 KB, 1430x1642
>>36694170
>>36694131

It is oxidized and used as fuel for intercellular atp, rather than as a building block for amino acids. Go read about it you dumb fucks.

>>36694093
Eat shit.
>>
>>36694217
it's probably a samefag anyway
>It is oxidized and used as fuel for intercellular atp, rather than as a building block for amino acids
doesn't it just go out in the loo instead?
>>
>>36694217
>Stethoscope: $9.99
>Some shitty medical textbook that's two years old: $39.99
>Being a tryhard after getting BTFO on a Taiwanese Kinetic Pictograph exchange forum: Priceless.
>>
>>36694260
#REKT
>>
>>36694260
It's the current edition lmao. Go find a newer edition you'll have just as much luck as you did finding sources proving my 'bioscience' wrong. Fact is for once someone posted some real information on fit, you responded by memeing at me, I asked you to back up your lies and when you found you couldn't, you decided to same fag to fake consensus. You have been utterly shamed tonight. Go away and think about how much of a bitch you are. Next time you want to call someone out you should make sure you know what the fuck you're talking about. Dumbass.
>>
>>36694301

lol
>>
>>36694301
So where are your sources? You're the one that made the claim, so you're the one required to back up your stance first with sources before I need to back up my counter claim. It's basic logical argumentation, a practice very recognizable and followed by scientists and mathematicians. Otherwise you can claim whatever and scream "faggot" at anyone that tells you otherwise and we would get no where.

So let me give you an example, I claim that all pre-med students are cum guzzling faggots that literally can't stop sucking dicks. See I made a claim, but if you say otherwise, and then I demand sources before I provided my sources then I would be like you, a college freshman retard, that won't make it past first semester.

Now, you need to also provide reputable sources, but that's another issue entirely. Otherwise I could just say that my claim was describe by your dad and gay uncle when you spent many summer afternoons sucking their gains in a cockwise fashion, but that wouldn't be a reputable source.

Are you understanding? Usually stupid people are prone to getting angry more easily so I know this might be a bit hard for you to understand right now.
>>
>>36694240

No they don't just get pooped out, they are used as fuel (basically a waste because you've just used protein as an expensive ass carbohydrate).

http://pharmaxchange.info/press/2013/08/metabolism-of-amino-acids-–-bimolecular-ping-pong-mechanism-of-transamination/

Notice where it says if the protein diet is too rich they're catabolized (burnt for energy) because they can not be stored. This is why it's ideal to space out protein intake. Timing matters, you can't eat a ton of protein in one meal and be good all day. This is also why people eat protein right after a workout. Your body needs it to repair your muscles and you can't store it.

>>36694407
And as for you, instead of writing homosexual fantasy works why don't you type 'protein metabolism' into Google. You are honestly the stupidest person I've ever seen on this site. I've never seen someone so completely embarrass themselves. Go in the corner and think about what you've done.
>>
>>36694701
>Go in the corner and think about what you've done.
Holy shit you sound like the gayest fedora tipper redditor.

It's not my fault you failed the scientific field by not following through with sources. Don't get butt hurt that you'll always be a shitty med student that will probably end up killing more patients than you save. Don't ever be a doctor, you suck ass at it, and if you ever became my doctor, I would sue the fuck out of you for your shitty advice. Oh no wait, turns out medical science is easy as shit, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle doesn't take much study so I'd never have to listen to a shitty bro science doctor like you assuming you make it through med school which I doubt you will since you fail at basic argumentations and have fallen back to ad hominem attacks.

Stick to retail, or food services kid, med school is just going to be a big debt that you'll owe with nothing at the end of the tunnel.
>>
File: 1437454661990.jpg (166 KB, 669x667) Image search: [Google]
1437454661990.jpg
166 KB, 669x667
>>36694839
You sound pretty upset. Are you mad that everything you posted turned out to be wrong?
>>
>>36696572
>5 hours to reply with this
Please stop, you're an embarrassment to the medical community.
>>
>>36693766
Please drop out of med school & join Arby's.

The body uses damn near all of what is ingested. Google the studies. The body only excretes 3-4% as unused at most.
>>
>>36697221
Yes I went to sleep and found you were still having a coniption. Wow you seem really invested in me! I'm sorry I've made you so upset, being angry isn't good for your health do try to calm down! Why don't you spend a few moments perusing the source which will help elucidate protein metabolism for you instead of having a petty Internet rivalry.

>>36697333
Protein which is ingested above and beyond the body's momentary peptide synthesis requirements meets a catabolic fate. Since it's clear you have no understanding of these concepts, why don't you spend some time reading about it! Try typing the words 'amino acid catabolism' and 'intracellular translation' into Google. This should be a great start for you on your journey of discovery today! Of course you can also read the link which explains some of these concepts, although I don't know if we have a source available at your reading level. Just Google difficult words I'm sure you'll make it through!
>>
>>36697333
>>36698139

More protein equals more anabolic state not catabolic
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595342/
>>
>>36693354
8 meals is nothing. He eats 11 meals wit cheat meals all day. Ice cream, cookies, pizzas, sandwhiches, bbq...

Bulking is bulking cutting is cutting

If you want to be huge you gotta eat huge
>>
>>36693460
This all day

You can split it up into 8 meals tho...

Also if you're bulking you make sure you hit the macros. No less, but if you go over more power to you. You'll be so full after hitting your bulking macros I doubt you'll shovel much more down.
>>
>>36699064
This is an interesting study but conflicts with others. It'll take me a while to read the full text and analyze and compare them. Thanks for the post though. Always good to see some legitimate citation action on fit.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.