[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How serious is this board about getting fit? Ignoring all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 14
File: 1452737914731.jpg (142 KB, 2015x2048) Image search: [Google]
1452737914731.jpg
142 KB, 2015x2048
How serious is this board about getting fit?

Ignoring all the jokes I want to know how about people's lives and how much time do they put into their daily routine

Are you someone who works out a few hours and has a regular wage 9 to 5 job?
Are your results ever going to be the same as bodybuilders who use steroids and perhaps work part time to spend more time resting and getting in shape?

I'm 22 year old who is a slave to work at the moment and I'm thinking about switching part time or taking a few months of vacation since I haven't had many hours to rest on top of interfering with my diet and workout routine it's just terrible, I've lost weight and can say I'm fit but I'm skinnyfat right now even with this half assed diet not working due to many reasons I think if I seriously had less stress and time consuming things to do I could get better results?

Blogging thread I guess
>>
I run three times a week each for 6 miles and I lift three times a week. I have no interest in bodybuilding. I just want to be healthy and not be on the many medications I used to be on. Bodybuilders are shit tier vain assholes.
>>
>>36691114
>projecting this hard
>>
>>36691040
I'm in uni, and I do 1.5 hours a day of callisthenics three days a week. Progress is slow. I used to run as well but got lazy. But I have gone from pathetic tier to average, so I've been staying motivated. I'm going to try to dedicate a lot more time to it during the summer, mainly more intense calisthenics's and probably some lifting as well.
>>
>>36691040
>Are you someone who works out a few hours and has a regular wage 9 to 5 job?
Yup. About 10h/week from start to finish.
>Are your results ever going to be the same as bodybuilders who use steroids and perhaps work part time to spend more time resting and getting in shape?
Nope, and it doesn't bother me.
>>
>>36691127
Just because you fell for the "muh lifting fer grillz" doesn't mean everyone else did. The one who is projecting is you.

It feels great no longer being on atenolol 50mg, lisinopril 20mg, metformin 500mg, simvastatin 40mg, cymbalta 80mg, levothyroxine 25 mcg, and lunesta 2mg.
>>
>>36691040
I'm 23, have a fulltime job and started lifting 6 months ago. Best decision i've made in my life.

I was getting low on energy and felt depressed at times. My body told me I had to do something, running or some kind of exersise. I kept stalling untill one day I just decided to buy a gym membership. The first day felt amazing. I was exhausted but felt alive again. I knew I had to do this and keep on doing it in order to feel better again. First month i went 3 times a week, but since I wanted to push myself every time I went more days soon and my workouts got longer and more intense. In my spare time and at work I did a lost of research about routines, nutrition and all that kind of stuff. Now I'm addicted to this lifestyle, because it gives me so much and I can't get enough of it. I've never felt this good ever in my life.

If you worry about stress and time think about this: Going to the gym increases your energy levels by a lot. The time you have in a day will seem way more, because you'll get more out of it. Everyone can manage to miss 1 hour of their day to go to the gym, if you say you can't you are probably lying to yourself.

Living a healthy lifestyle isn't boring, hard or unpleasant if you see the bigger picture.
>>
>>36691309
Are you me?
>>
>>36691380
yes
>>
I exercise before work. I have a 9 to 5. I want to look like a model (inb4 facelet, I just want to be muscular with low body fat).
>>
34yo stroke survivor and former drug addict. Fat hate threads are the part of my motivation. I'm not on the same planet of shape that most of u guys are so ive been doing all of the things im physically capable of. I spend a couple of hrs a day climbing stairs, simple curls, lunges and pushups. I don't wrk now so all most of my energies are concentrated on exercise and a controlled high protein diet that I've gotten by lurking here.
>>
File: 1458629909578-fit.png (799 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1458629909578-fit.png
799 KB, 2560x1440
>>36691040
>wage cuck from 8 to 5
>lifting from 5:30 to 7:50 am at gym near job
>clinical psychologist from 6 to 9 mon-thu
>friday teach foreing language
Its all about the discipline brah you can do it, you only need the weekends anyway to go to gf (or bf) house and social interaction
>>
I work afternoon and night shifts and workout 4 times a week hard as i can and get in heavy meals as much as my conscience allows. I boxed for a short ehile but classes are all during or very close to work hours so its impossible now sadly unless i get a private trainer i can tell about my hours.
>>
>>36691252
Lmfaooooo. Aesthetics =/= lifting for girls. Also just because you felt the need to take 10 pills a day doesn't mean everyone else does. Fuck outta here.
>>
File: 1458712279562.jpg (126 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458712279562.jpg
126 KB, 640x640
>>36691040

Hey there, this board has a wide range of people with different goals,fitness levels, and motivation. No one can really know for sure the statistics because of the anonymity. There's Current body threads, and if that's actually their pictures then you can see some sample /fit/ people. The thing is, no matter who you get an answer from they are just 1 of many people who go on here. The skinniest/fattest of people may be the most active and the fittest, the most silent. One of our greatest assets is our sticky. Sometimes there is solid advice, sometimes there's shit advice. You can get arguably better info from another website. The one thing that can't be replaced is our community and brotherhood we have here. It's multi-faceted, but we have one. The love, the hate, the roasting, the fat people hate, cancerous threads, the /frauds/, the hungry-skellingtons, our shit advice, our good advice, our homoerotic tendencies, and our feels are something that can only be found here. I'm here because I was an angsty pre-teen who found his way to 4chan and it just so happened when I was in my senior year of high school I found out I really like to lift weights. I checked to see if 4chan had a fitness board, yep. Feel it out, if you hate it go to BodyBuilding.com They have their own problems, but probably not on our scale.

I'm 21 and go to Uni. I lift 5 days a week for about 2 hours a session. I like doing bro-splits. Some people think it's meme tier, but it's what I enjoy doing and I'm making gains. I'm very fortunate that I have fun while I lift and I don't want to risk it for faster/better results. I'm working on improving my diet. I've been lifting for 3+ years, but only eating right for about 3 months.I have a lot of muscle, but I'm chubby. I was in it for the strength gains at first, but now that I broke up with my gf at the start of the school year, I think eating right will not only benefit my health but my game with the ladies.
>>
I'm a grad student and usually am on campus for 6-10 hrs a day during the week. I lift 4 days a week as well as doing plenty of work at home. I still have free time to do other shit like watch tv and play music.

Current stats:

heigh 6'2 weight 198lbs

lifts (5rm)
squat 167kg
bench 109kg
deadlift 170kg
ohp 75kg

(3rm)
front squat 147kg
power clean 105kg

I usually lift before I teach during the week and then twice over the weekend. It's really not that hard to manage your time, I don't get how people are so bad at it.
>>
>>36691114
>>36691114
Nah, bodybuilding is legit. You were good until the end.
>>
I used to run average of 40-45 miles a week, but after a peek weak during spring break (i hit 65 miles) i got injured. Half marathon training instead of full and things are going much more smoothly. I life about 4 times a week and do an hour of cardio (HR is always above 150) 6 times a week. Just fun for me personally since otherwise im student teaching, delivering pizza, or writing papers in class
>>
>>36691040
DYEL universityfag doing stronglifts. I intend to stick to lifts until I get too old or the war makes it impossible. For now my expectation is just reaching intermediate strength I guess.
>>
Man you sound like you're making excuses. I go to uni and have a job. Usually wake up around 7am for class get out from my job at 6pm then go to my gym, get out around late 7 or 8. Then study, I don't get it don't you want it bad anon?
>>
>>36691040
I work manual labor and its killing me. I wake up at 4:30 to gym at 6:00 (new hours at YMCA) then head off to work 7-4.

I find it hard to follow my cutting plan when my body is tired and screaming for food and everyone around me is eating junk food.

I feel like dying there is no joy anywhere in this industry, so I'm heading off to the army.

At least that way I am paid to work out and get to shoot shit.
>>
26y working in shifts
Eating right is kinda hard cus i wake up at 4am at times, have to sleep early, lift when tired after a long night etc
I go to the gym about 4 times a week, sl 3 days and cardio on the other but looking to do pplf (4 days) when the noobgains stop and start running outside when my dog is old enough to run, so 4 days gym and 2-3 times half our run
Started doing it because i was an insecure fat faggot but kept doing it cuz i just really enjoy it
>>
I'm 30 years old and married with a 9month old little girl.

I work out every other day and do PPL. Followed by 20 to 45 min of cardio. If I had a long lifting session I do 20 min of hard cardio, if it was a short lifting session I do 45min of LISS cardio to get a good fat burn.

Dead 1x5 275, single 325
Bench 3x5 170, single 195
Squat is being worked out with knee pain 3x5 205
>>
^ work 8 to 5
>>
>>36691114
>judging other people's goals
Cmon senpai, part of making it is learning to respect other people. It's pointless to have a healthy body if your mind is poisoned.
>>
This is hartwarming, feel like im getting to know u all better
>>
>>36691040
I'll answer your first question straightaway, this board is weak as fuck but the only reason I come here is for the dank memes and occasional enriching pl discussion
>>
Been lifting and cutting for about 8 month.
Goes to the gym 3 times à week, biking ocasionally.
Lost 16kg (from ~23%bf to ~13%bf)
Shit lifts due to cut, looking forward to baby's first bulk.
>>
>be me
>used to be fit when I was in the Army but ten years later, I'm 5'10" and 220lbs
>the past several years I drove a desk, got fatter
> moved to colorado to pursue my dream of being a professional jazz bassist
> gig all the time, free beer=more carbs
> recently had a gig at a brewery
> meet qt3.14 grill
> fuck it
Would you like to go to a baseball game with me?
>she says yes
> Within one week, Ive lifted every day, quit smoking, stopped eating shit, cut out soda and beer
>go to game, have a great time
>she inspires me to push harder
> losing weight, gaining muscle, looking better little by little
> more confidence
> not fapping has made life even better psyclogically
> tfw I will make her my gf

I life for me, so I can be with her
>>
I'm a freshman at uni, 19 years old. My friend first introduced me to weightlifting when I was 15 and I would go with him after high school maybe like 2x a week nothing serious, but I did gain some base strength.

By age 17 I had a gym membership and would generally only go Friday, Saturday, and Sunday because I had school and work. I also was able to lift for an hour in school on Wednesdays. At this time my diet was pretty god awful now that I think about it, fast food almost daily and not enough calories to show any improvements from being a hungry skelly with just a little extra muscle.

I just started taking fitness seriously 5 weeks ago. I went from 140lbs to slightly over 150 in this time, and I now train 6x a week for 90-120 minutes, and eat at a surplus to continue making gains. I think if I keep going strong I'll make it. I'm looking more like ottermode now.
>>
>>36691114
You're a sad motherfucker.
>>
I do medical research for now. Usually 40 hr per week. I do a ppl 7 days a week usually, spend about 2.5 hours in the gym a day. Been doing this since new years but did some bullshit of my own before that for 6 months with decent results since I came from skelly or skinny fat. I've put on 25 lbs since last summer and probably lost 10 of fat.
>>
>>36691040
unless your vacation consists of working on something that is going to help you generate more moneys then don't take a vacation if you can work through those times instead.

you can get your shit together from weekend to weekend. one or two whole days off is enough to get your workout, work, house, and relationship schedule on track.

unless your work interferes with your recovery negatively, there should be no problem. if your work actually helps your recovery time then even better. such as a job where you walk around a lot may help. or a desk job where you sit all day may help. vs a manual labor job that is going to cause you to workout less and work/rest more.
>>
>>36691040
Maybe it's cringey but it's literally my life. Fitness is my hobby. Not just lifting but eating healthy and taking care of my body in general. I'm even on the path to becoming a personal trainer because fitness has done so much for me in terms of self esteem and confidence that I want to bring those benefits to other people. I know a lot of people here say it isn't a hobby and to broaden your interests, but it really is what I love. I just imagine being extremely over weight or simply just physically average and just the idea drives me insane
>>
Alright, here's the thing. With fitness, consistency is key. As a student, I was in decent shape, but never excellent, never ripped. My workout schedule was pretty good, but changes based on mid terms, changed every term, etc. My diet was up and down, good and bad. This isn't to say that all students will be inconsistent like that, but when I was in school, my priorities were social and academic. Fitness was a distant third.
Since leaving school, I had a brief stint as a neet, which helped me create my own routine (not my own lifting regimen, I used one from a website, whatever, it works for me, not saying it's the best program out there or anything) and I began to count calories. This became even easier once I realised I could set my own diet when I was on my own schedule. Once I found gainful employment, things improved even more for me. Despite working 40 hours a week, I was feeling better and looking better because I had a perfectly set schedule. Up at 6:15 and in bed by 10:45 week days, 12:45 to bed and 8:45 wake up on the weekends, with early morning cardio five times a week (once on the weekend) and lifting after work four days a week (once on the weekend). Sunday I put aside time for meal prep every week, and grocery shopping every two weeks. Once I got into that habit the transformation was incredible, strength shot up, weight fell and body fat fell drastically, and this was after years of fairly well maintained, but inconsistent lifting. Like I said, program and diet be damned, it's all about staying consistent with it, and always working on progressive overload when it comes to training, whether it's reps, weight, sets or intensity, always try and go a little farther than you did the previous session.
>>
>>36691529
Keep it up mate the next step is getting to a gym and hopefully meeting cool people
>>
>>36693642
I like you, want to be my friend?
>>
I started going to the gym last June. Three days a week, about 2 hours each time, only stayed home once. My deadlift 1RM has gone from 245lbs to 365lbs in that time, my squat went from 155 to 275, and my bench went from 155 to 195. I also weighed 155 when I started and now weigh about 180.
>>
I used to lift very seriously when I was more naive, but after a while I just stopped seeing any point in it.

It's GENETICS that matter, in terms of "making it". Literally NO real alphas go to the gym, or at least take it seriously. You stick to your 5x5 fullbody 4 days a week powerlifting routine while Chad does curls bi-monthly and looks INFINITELY better than you because of his HEIGHT, his FACE, his FRAME.

This board is FULL of guys talking about how hard they're lifting, how perfect their diets are, how they're working 60 hours a week for that promotion...I just shake my head and laugh. Why bother putting that much effort in when you don't get ANYTHING out of it?

>b-buh muh gf!
Yeah, after YEARS of effort and eating the most disgusting, bland food, you FINALLY were "rewarded" with some 5/10 vapid cumdumpster who put literally ZERO effort in herself. I just can't see how that's worth it.
>>
>>36693959
Or you could just roid and have it all
>>
File: 0131.jpg (410 KB, 897x1014) Image search: [Google]
0131.jpg
410 KB, 897x1014
I ""do"" PPL three times a week, I just use whatever equipment is available at the time so i dont really have a routine (I do fit in all the big compounds though). I try to eat healthy but I often indulge in alcohol and fatty foods a couple times a week.
I've been telling myself I need to serious up about it, but I'm making some gains so eh
>tfw you settle for mediocrity when you know you could achieve greatness
>>
>>36693959
there is some true in this but you need to find a new hobby,shitposting wont take you anywhere
>>
>>36693680
>grocery shopping on sunday
?
>grocery shopping only once every 2 weeks
??
>>
>>36694109
What's wrong with that? Of course I get staples like milk and eggs more frequently, but for meat, vegetables, rice, yogurts, cheeses, etc, once every two weeks is plenty. Sunday is the day I usually have the least to do so I try and get up early and get to Costco before mass.
>>
Question for fitizens with corporate jobs that travel:

I just got a pretty sweet promotion, but i'm going to have to start traveling significantly as a part of it.
The past 2 years of my training has been amazing, mostly because I've been able to zero in on my diet and training schedules. I eat the same meals at relatively the same time, lift the same days / same time each week.

Going from such a structured timeframe to one where I'll be traveling randomly, sometimes losing entire days with flights+time change, I wonder if anyone else has been through a change and successfully shifted.

I'm thinking of just buying very big bags/ Tupperware and cooking multiple meals at a time in advance for traveling, but my lifting schedule may be odd. Maybe get like a national 24hr fitness/LA fitness and just lift at random gyms?

Was hoping some of you had some tips/experience to make the transition without losing my gains or fit lifestyle and devolving into a DYEL pleb like the rest of the rabble.
>>
>>36692641
I'll tell you right now, standard pt aside from running days is meme tier
>>
lots of college folks in here, any of you commuters? I commute an hour... it fucking sucks.
>>
25 year old male working as a restaurant cook. I work long, late hours. Thank god for 24 hour gyms; I DESPISE waking up early and would much rather work out after a 12+ hour shift.

I lift 3 times a week, cardio 2 times a week. I'm a beginnerfag trying to lose weight; I've lost 22 lbs. in three months. I still have a huge gut, but I know this shit takes time.

The hardest thing for me is keeping a consistent diet. I don't get many opportunities to eat, so I either have to try and cram down quick snacks inbetween orders, or tough it out and eat a big ass meal after my shift. Sometimes my "dinner" happens so late that when I factor it into my calorie count, I label it as breakfast for the next day. Some days I feel really shitty; other times I plan better and feel great. It does not help that I am currently unable to prepare my meals (homeless at the moment.)

I have no desire to become a bodybuilder. My gf says I'm fine the way I am, and I believe she feels that way. As soon as I get to the point where I look at my reflection and don't want to vomit, I'll switch to a maintenance diet. Hoping to lose at least 30 more lbs within the next six months.
>>
>>36691040
I jog 3 miles on Saturday and Sunday anon. My body doesn't absorb lard like the rest of the fat asses in the world. I enjoy everything I eat and don't give a second thought about keeping count of my intake. I weigh 155 and I'm a 511. The last time I gained weight was when I didn't shit for 3 days. The shit fixed that though.

I just try and keep healthy. Muscles come and go and I'm happy just looking toned from my weekend runs
>>
File: 1402947123439.gif (471 KB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
1402947123439.gif
471 KB, 380x285
>>36692754
>It's pointless to have a healthy body if your mind is poisoned.

Post of the day right here.
>>
File: 1427389252579.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1427389252579.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
>>36691040
I work 5-6 days a week.
I lift 5-6 days a week. I do cardio 2-3 days a week.
I've never been fitter at 29.
Used to weigh 250 now at 185 and pretty cut.

Im not likely to jump on roids due to legality, otherwise I probably would.
I don't do it for girls, I do it for pic related reason.
>>
>>36691040
wut? /fit/ is all about getting dat cock
>>
>>36694889
This
>>
>>36691114
Post body
>>
Got a shirty job at a local supermarket. I work 5 times a week, along with 6 days of lifting and 5 days of college.

Lifting is alone time for me. I love lifting, both for results and the lifting itself. I try to break my pr 5k every few days, just for the satisfaction of that shorter time.

Besides that being fit made me feel better mentally and physically. I feel a lot more comfortable in new situations. I had an interview for college a few months ago and I was completely calm.

Lifting has changed my life a lot.
>>
I go to the gym everyday

I don't care about gains or strength. I just do it for the mental benefits and to get leaner
>>
>>36691040

I'm a nurse so I work shifts. I lift when I can about five times a week.
>>
>>36691040
>30
>8 to 5
I workout mon/tue and thurs/fri, usually takes around 1 hour, depends how long I res between sets. It's challenging at times to get proper eating times, summer is coming so lots of work in the garden and shit, I have to eat at least 2h before I lift or else I have issues (makes me sick like I'm about to throw up).

>negatives
lots of times fuck up muscles without properly warming up, worked in a smithy and fucked up my elbow, sometimes the elbow hurts, sometimes the triceps, I don't even know, still lift though, lightw8bby

>positives
feeling better, getting bigger, fixed my posture (back exercises helped a lot), still struggling with small arms and leftover fats from bulking too dirty, but I'ma get those ABS showing one day.

God speed anon.
>>
>>36693959
embrace my motto, anon
>why should I care
>>
>>36691040

I quit my stressy well paid job and switched to a chilled not-so-well-paid job just so i can workout out more and eat better.

There is nothing that makes me more happy than gains.

Isnt life all about being happy? I dont fucking care about that job if it makes me unhappy. Fuck that
>>
Everyone likes to be healthy op but I think the main motivator here is a collection of wet, pink holes.
>>
>>36693959

You know what i dont understand?

Why do you keep doing this? Like i cant fucking imagine what reason you would have to keep posting that crap.

There is not a single person who agrees with you.
There is not a single person that learns from that shit.
Literally everyone hates you and thinks you are an idiot.

Why do you keep coming back? I just dont get it.

Is this your attempt to win the troll olympics 2k16?
>>
i workout 5 days 1 day off
5:30am - 7:05
i work 9-5

1run 30min push
2run 30min pull
3run 30min
4run 30min push
5run 30min pull
6rest
7run 30min

i sleep at 8:30-9pm
socialise at weekend
i dont stop.
>>
>>36694168

You are fucked bro.
I never had to travel around the world for my job, but i know what its like when your shedule is completely fucking random.

It fucked me and my gains over. I quit my job 1 year ago and now have a strict shedule and less money.

But i dont fucking care, money doesnt really make me happy.

Gains > money
>>
File: 2016-01-20 22.34.49.jpg (3 MB, 2121x3771) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-20 22.34.49.jpg
3 MB, 2121x3771
22YO working 5am to 7pm 7days a week for 2/3 weeks. I don't lift for the 2 weeks that im at work because I by the time I get home I have to wake up for work again in 8.5 hours. I don't have any time for dinner or a wank yet alone going to the gym.

The weeks I have off I go hard though, usually twice a day. Been making pretty shit gains doing this obviously.

DL: 185x1
Squat: 160x3
Bench: 95x3
OHP: 60x5

I know I'm never going to look even slightly swole with this lifestyle but the money is just too good to say no

Pic related, me
>>
File: 1459309251815.png (637 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1459309251815.png
637 KB, 960x960
>>36696516
How fucking new are you?
>>
>>36692754
I love the positivity friendo
>>
>>36691040

>30
>full-time job
>lift 6 days a week (PPL x 2)
>study part-time

my goals are simple:
>be strong as fuck
>be lean as fuck
>fuck as many bitches as possible
>make bank

in no particular order.

my typical day:
>up at 4:30am
>gym
>work
>get home
>make lunch for the next day
>make dinner
>go on a date/study/read/veg on the couch

I'm in bed by 9pm, rinse repeat. The routine can become a tad monotonous, but it helps keep me focused. getting fit is a lifestyle, and something you have to keep working at. you don't work your lifting/diet around your life/situations, you work your life/situations around your lifting/diet.

create the base now, so that when you get to my age, you don't even think about it
>>
>>36691040
I lift three days a week.
Bench day
Deadlifted day
Squat day

Maybe 1 hour or so per session.

I row 5km twice a week.

I work 7-5:30 5 days a week.
>>
>>36693959
Post body + face with time stamp?
>>
>>36693959
hahaha, whatever nigger. my life has become infinitely better since becoming fit
>>
>>36694774
Keep up the good work, stay dedicated brother. You can lose those lbs.

About me:
> 28 yr old old, 5'7 manlet 135lbs
- Always been stupid skinny, no matter how much I eat I can't gain weight.
- Dad use to take me to the gym but I never had any interest when I was younger.
- I would go on and off to the gym, usually had a stupid routine, everyday chest day, lots of cardio.

> Couple years ago, I worked as an EMT. Decided I needed to bulk up. Started going to the gym.
> I no longer work as an EMT, I have a night job now, 10:30 pm to 7 am, sometimes get out late. Stupid co-workers can't come in when they have to so they screw up my schedule.

Long story short
I now work out 4 days a week. I workout out after getting out of work. I get home go to sleep, and try my best to sleep 5-7 hrs. Its rough sometimes but I'm noticing a difference.

Been working nights for almost 2 yrs now, and I've been going to the gym steadily for the last about the same.
>>
Anyone here a college student and able to lift and eat properly?

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to lift since the gym is 24/7 but since I'll be on a fucking meal plan I'm worried I won't be able to track.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (52 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
52 KB, 540x540
>>36692360
Damn mate, that was good.
>>
File: 1459285217055.png (645 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1459285217055.png
645 KB, 680x510
>>36691040
I want to get into Muay Thai and combat sports.

I lift 3x a week and try to condition 2x a week
>>
>>36691040
Lifting:
PPLxPPLxx

Cardio:
LSD 2 times a week
HITT 4 times a week

Mobility:
Relaxed stretching and foam rolling every morning
Yoga 3 times a week
Isometric stretching 3 times a week
>>
38, full time worker and fatty (181 cm/ 5,94 ft and 107 kg/ 236 lb). I started going to the gym two months ago because I don't want to die young and fat. So far I did not lose weight but gain some muscle mass.
>>
>>36692315
Hard the rage is in you, teeny boi.
>>
File: IMG_20160225_185530272.jpg (448 KB, 792x760) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160225_185530272.jpg
448 KB, 792x760
>>36696972
your me
>>36696517
but i get an extra hour in bed because homegym master race
>>
>>36694168
you can try to set timers/count hours instead of days between workouts. FORCE YOURSELF TO DO IT. You will be replacing an old habit with a new one, so it will be easier, but still awkward.

Your company should be willing to pay for hotels with gyms. Try to spend a bit of time and make sure they have a good one, so you're not spending extra on daily fees at a local gym. Alternatively, make them pay for that as part of your per diem. Learn some good bodyweight exercises to help you get through points where making it to a gym would waste more time than doing a lesser workout. Many public parks have bars and shit you can use.

You can do it if and only if you commit to making it happen. Fucked schedules and blah blah are fucking excuses. If you put the workout above going out partying, above all of the other shit available to you out of town, you will continue and be fine. If your exercise slips, you fucking let it.
>>
>>36697803
looks comfy, got a dip station?
>>
>>36691114
I used to be like you til i took a pointed stick to the knee
>>
>>36697812
getting some bars for the rack
>>
>>36691040
I am not sure if this is the right thread for it but, what if you finally made it?

>can run at 40 minutes for 10km
>can life above average
>upper body looks developed enough
>bodyfat below 9%
>13 pullups

As someone who came from a fat background, I spend a year or so getting to this stage. But what the heck should I do now?

I made it, the only thing I have left is more preparation for the army, but the "healthiness" aspect for testosterone and general good functioning is done.

I already eat healthy, I still do lots of sports each week. But what else is there? I thought that once I reach this goal, I should go into maintenance mode because it takes less effort to just keep what I have? But that means that a lot of time will open up.

Shit though, anyone else who made it knows what kind of ideology to get, apart from the "maintenance mode"?
>>
>>36696972
>you don't work your lifting/diet around your life/situations, you work your life/situations around your lifting/diet.
literally what I tell everyone, but everyone thinks I'm crazy and stupid for this and that it should be the other way around
>>
>>36697892
>below 9%
>13 pullups

Dude you're either full of shit or full skelly.

Also you're a faggot who doesn't know what to do with his time
>>
>>36697920
You dont need fat to do pullups, if you are implying that. The bare minimum of bodyfat that a person can have, a male, is 5%. Also I went to a dietologist. A certified one by the gov and the scale told me that, it was 8.9% actually.

I am seriously done, I made it. I can show a picture but its kinda mootish.

Unless you got some real advice as what to do next, dont replying. Because I made it.
>>
>>36691040
>slave
yea we all can agree on that
>>
>>36691040
>How serious is this board about getting fit?
not that serious. but i make progress

started my first training 3 years ago.
for 1 year i basically only did curls, crunches and random shit. i had no clue about training.

then i started to do sl5x5 and got better
in my 2nd year i was pretty consistent and went 3 times / week until i had surgery which forced me to stop training for 6 months.

since that happened i go like 1 or 2 times per week doing 3x5 while mainly focusing on bench and squat.
i make okay progress for what i put into my training.

i dont really cut or bulk. i just try to reach 2pl8 bench, 3 pl8 squat for reps while keeping my bf below 15%

i also dont count cals or macros. i just dont give a fuck.

currently i am at 85kg bench x4
107kg squat x5 at 78kg weight and 183cm height

2-3 more years and i think i will get my desired numbers on those 2 lifts. after that i probably just train with high volume and try to get to 10% bf

>Are you someone who works out a few hours and has a regular wage 9 to 5 job?
i am a student + 8 hours / week work

>inb4 hate
>>
>>36697149
This is my biggest problem. You just need to weigh yourself at the same time everyday.
If the weight is going up or down consume a little less/more than weigh yourself again. Should allow to roughly dial in your diet
>>
I work a 9-5 job
For the past 4 months I go to the gym in the mornings 4x a week
I lift for 25-35 mins and cardio for another 30mins, except for leg day.
on leg days I lift for 40-50 mins and hard cardio for 15 mins
stretch 5-10 mins

works for me so far
>>
>>36691040
I'm a Uni student that has a job and works out 6 days a week.

I'm always rushing, but I make it work.
>>
>>36691252
why would you take all this shit
>>
>>36698379
Because his mind is shit tier
>>
File: 1437041706247.jpg (128 KB, 640x618) Image search: [Google]
1437041706247.jpg
128 KB, 640x618
>>36691040
>Failing uni
>Not failing to hit the gym every single day for over an hour

Just cuck my shit up senpai
>>
I lift 6 times a week doing PPL twice and climb once a week. I count everything that goes into my body. I plan out bulk/cut cycles and regularly weigh myself to make sure I'm on track. All with the goal of looking great for the summer with my shirt off
>>
>>36691252
hey you guys all realise this is medication not steroids right? these drugs aren't being abused they're anons meds
>>
File: 1452403354965.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1452403354965.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>>36691953
>clinical psychologist from 6 to 9 mon-thu
bruh
>>
>>36691040
>How serious is this board about getting fit?
You're on 4chan, a notorious award-winning antagonist memeboard. How serious are you making meta-questions like this?
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.