[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are somatotypes a myth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 220x153) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 220x153
Are somatotypes a myth?
>>
>>36690853
lanklet here, god I hope so
>>
>>36690853
I don't think so, my friend and I ate pretty much the same diet and had the same exercise growing up and he was extreme skelly mode while I was chubby.
>>
>>36690886

Either your diets were different or he is much taller than you
>>
>>36690896
nope, he was only a few inches taller, and honestly he ate more fast food/junk food than I did.

That said, I still think that "I'm fat because genetics" is a meme. Even if you are predisposed to be chubbier, doesn't mean you can't break out of that with proper diet and exercise, it just means that you need to be stricter than others.
>>
>>36690886
>I don't think so
That's because you're a retard.
>>
>>36690853
Yes
>>
>>36690853
Kinda. People definitely differ in terms of body proportions, muscle insertion, limb length, fat distribution, overall frame size, etc. Two people with the same muscle mass and body fat % can look very different just based on these inherent body traits.

There aren't really three distinct body types that determine all your physical characteristics though.
>>
File: phreno.png (85 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
phreno.png
85 KB, 640x360
>>36690853
Yep. They're early-mod 20th century pseudoscience. The guy who developed it thought you could ascribe psychological traits through looking at someone's physiology.

There's no real science behind it, just a bunch of forged "data" created during the eugenics era. It's as real as phrenology aka bullshit.
>>
they pretty much describe bone structure and muscle insertions, but it's not like there's actually 3 separate categories or something
>>
>>36690853
I'm a long legged wndomorph with skinny ankles and wrists and much more of a V-taper
>>
>>36690853
Saying somatotypes don't exist is like saying people don't have different heights.
>tfw 6'3 lanklet ecto. I wish they weren't real I'll never make it
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.