[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this shit work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
Does this shit work?
>>
does it work at what?
>>
Meme
>>
>>36689653
losing weight

should've made it clear on the OP
>>
>>36689625
For some people yes, but personally I've found every cut far more comfortable by spacing out well portioned snacks to fit my macros and boost my metabolism
>>
>>36689672
not if you don't eat fewer calories than you expend

if you do do that, it will work
>>
>>36689625
Just skip breakfast
>>
>>36689676
>boost my metabolism
oh dear
>>
>>36689625
Im not sure about the whole metabolism boosting thing or the actual effects on the weight loss process

But it definitely works for keeping hunger down. I think a lot of people lose weight on this just because they feel so goddamn full after the meal they dont feel hungry for the rest of the day
>>
>>36689687
Yeah, I'm -700 my TDEE, thinking of adding this to the process.
>>
>>36689725
This
All it does it make you accustomed to going a time without eating (curing your appetite).
Calories at teh end of the day is what matters
>>
Science is inconclusive. Some says no, most says maybe.
I know a few guys who use that as their primary weight loss technique, though it is in conjunction with a caloric deficit, so it's hard for me to judge whether or not it's benefitting them additionally, or whether it's just benefitting them as a result of the caloric deficit.
>>
>>36689625

it's worked great for me. I don't follow it too strict I just skip breakfast basically. Eating all your calories in 2 meals is easier for me and each meal is a lot more satisfying since it can be more calories.

Just drink some coffee when I wake up and I am not hungry until around noon or 1.

I've never been a big breakfast eater though so this just makes perfect sense for someone like me.

I don't really follow the science behind any of it though I just do it because it is easier to eat my 1800 calories during my cut.
>>
>>36689773
OP here, I plan to add it to the cal deficit already. Just looking to maximize it, and this IF thing seems a piece of cake
>>
>>36689793
did you notice any difference?

and what are your meals? im on 1800 too
>>
>>36689625
yes
/thread
>>
>>36689920

Well I haven't noticed any difference in fat loss because my calories have stayed the same it has just been easier for me to hit my goals.

Honestly with IF since you are eating 2 meals instead of 3...you can be a little less strict.

Like I ate a cheeseburger and fries yesterday and still ended the day at around 1700 calories.

I typically eat things like protein + veggie + carb

I eat a shit ton of chicken breast asparagus green beans and brocolli+ sweet potato/red potatos.

So it doesn't make me lose fat any faster just makes it way easier. You can actually eat pizza and cheeseburgers and shit and still stay under your caloric limit if you count your calories and don't eat an entire pizza or something.

So it doesn't necessarily help with burning fat or anything it just makes it way easier to stay in a caloric deficit. At least for me.
>>
It's just another restrictive meme, like keto and atkins.

The gimmick just hides the fact that you're still just following the calories in vs calories out rule
>>
Basically, you skip breakfast and then eat normal portion meals. You're cutting calories by cutting out a meal. And breakfast is kind of easy to forgo. Mornings are busy, most people have to get up and go to work, then drink coffee which works as an appetite suppressant.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 446x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 446x336
>>36689793
Literally this. I drink black coffee no sugar for breakfast. Wards off most appetite and hunger til lunch at noon. Another cup after lunch then dinner at 7 after gym
>>
Kinda OT, but I accidentally fasted from 170lbs to 125lbs and pretty much stopped lifting.

What the fuck have I been doing this past year?!
I just need to write this down somewhere.
>>
>>36690017

why does everything have to be a meme or gimmick?

A lot of people that follow IF are well aware that losing weight is all about calories in vs calories out.

That doesn't mean IF is a meme. IF is just a tool to make it way way easier to be in a caloric deficit. IF itself doesn't make you lose weight but it makes it so much easier to be in a caloric deficit.

Obviously it's not for everyone but to say it's a meme is stupid.
>>
>>36690191
IF is just a meme diet. You got fooled son, now move on
>>
>>36690214

great rebuttal. you really changed my mind.
>>
>>36690017
Keto and Atkins restrict a macronutrient and glorify a macronutrient, which is retarded.

IF is just an approach to appetite control through time management. Saying it's restrictive is a personal statement because tons of us aren't even hungry throughout the day and it's nicer eating a lot in a condensed window, but it's certainly not restricting any foods or calories.
>>
Do I need to take any precautions if I'm planning to fast 16/8 and workout/lift?
>>
>>36690191

The meme part comes from retards like Kinobody, who are claiming it's the next coming of jesus, even though he and others pushing it are using tren and/or clen and saying it's what got them to sub 5% bf levels.

A lot of people on /fit/ are falling for this and hence why it has been deemed a meme

Essentially a repeat of keto in ~2008, where everyone was on it and then taking clen and posting up tons of pictures of their amazing keto results.

>>36690256

I'm actually playing devils advocate because I think IF is one of the better diets to come out in the last 20 years.

I followed a looser version of modern IF for a long time before it even had a name when I was in college.

I tried the stupid bodybuilder style "clean eating" and never liked it

I'd rather have a diet be restrictive based on timing than a diet that is restrictive, or completely unrestricted (IIFYM),
>>
>>36690090

what...?
>>
It doesn't

Kinobody is on juice you fucking retard
>>
bump desu
>>
>>36689676
>boost my metabolism
>>
>>36689676

Do you also activate your almonds anon?
>>
>>36690017
>methods that help you feel less hungry at a deficit are a meme because fuck you
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.