[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is UFC fighter Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson. Rate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: perfect diddylifts.webm (519 KB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
perfect diddylifts.webm
519 KB, 360x640
This is UFC fighter Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson.

Rate his form.
>>
I broke my back just watching those backsnaps
>>
>>36686177
Perfect paraplegia curls. 10/10

Isn't this guy out for injury atm?
>>
>>36686177
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/4/5/11374206/mma-news-tony-ferguson-injured-out-of-ufc-on-fox-19-main-event-khabib-nurmagomedov

KEK
>>
>>36686177
It's a well known fact mma fighters are retarded. Look at what Cain Velesquez does with mach 3 max leg extensions.

No wonder they have so many fucking injuries. That entire sport is just a big band aid
>>
>>36686251
>I am out of my Fight Due to Blood/Fluid in my Lung. Usually I can Power Through These things. Doc said it wasn't wise to Fight due to any more trauma could be terminal. There are more Important things to me Like Making sure I am there for my Little Man Armand Anthony & @xtfergie @darceandknucklez Family First. I will be Back, I will be Better. You haven't seen anything yet. #TeamFerguson #TeamElCucuy #TonyFergusonMMA #SnapDownCity #OGElCucuy Give me a couple weeks. Khabib pulled out Three Times. I have pulled out Once in my Whole Career... I will be Back. It's Shitty these things happen... Staying Positive for my Family. TF
>>
>>36686177
I'd understand more if it was a regular diddly, but that's a fucking hex bar. How does he not feel that sitting his hips down would be better?
>>
File: zero.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zero.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>36686177
>>
>>36686251
Unsurprisingly yes.
>>36686265
This. And some of them spar full contact all the time.
>>
Is it worth it to get a hex bar for deadlifts or does it make no difference?
>>
>>36686290
Almost none I'd guess. If you can't deadlift with the bar over the middle of your foot you're retarded, and I don't think you'll get any better grip than a standard double overhand grip.

Hence why nobody uses them and they are a gimmick.
>>
>>36686290
It changes the lift significantly. Not worth it if you already do squats.
>>
>>36686290
No. It turns deadlifts into shitty squats. Proper deadlifts engage the posterior chain. Hex bar engages muscles you're already training with squats.
>>
File: rlMHJMV.png (542 KB, 477x638) Image search: [Google]
rlMHJMV.png
542 KB, 477x638
>>
>>36686306
>>36686310

All, alright. I've never tried it and it looked interesting. The handles seem cool though.

Plus hex bars are expensive as fuck or unavailable on Canadian amazon anyway
>>
>>36686306
>>36686310
> significantly
> already training with squats

You do know that both exercises train the same muscles just with a different emphasis.
>>
>>36686336
And hex bar deadlifts put the same emphasis on those muscles as the squat does, just shittier.
>>
~*OFFICIAL*~ All Time Heavyweight Power Rankings:

1. Brendan Schaub

2. Fedor Emelianenko

3. Brock Lesnar

4. Cain Velasquez

5. Tank Abbott

r8 my list lads
>>
>>36686375
>Brendan Schaub

Just kill yourself.
>>
>>36686177
Love how they make steroids which help these guys recover illegal but let them lift like fucking retards.

This shit should be ILLEGAL
>>
>>36686177
The problem is MMA trainers and coaches don't know shit about lifting, but are too egotistical to admit it. So they have their athletes doing shit like this.

Or like Cain doing retarded heavy leg extensions for high reps...go figure he's got knee problems.
>>
>>36686330
They're pretty good for farmer walk
>>
>>36686575
You have a problem with Schaub m8? Lose my number.
>>
>>36686177

Is it an exaggeration to say that anyone with connections can get a UFC fight?

I've seen guys in UFC fights who trained in "muay thai" that throw kicks like a girl. Especially when compared with someone like Buakaw.
>>
>>36686628
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAgFHS8HOLY

Fucking retard MMA coaches. This is at the top level, guys.
>>
>>36686672
Yeah, connections plus the ability to make an exciting fight or sell tickets and PPV. It's definitely not all about how good you are.
>>
>>36686375

Fedor has the messiest form but he's just such a fucking hard ass Slav that no one can handle his haymakers. He keeps his head down, crouches, and throws slugs.
>>
>>36686688

I mean headliners earned their spot but the opening acts and the lesser events, it seems like those guys are just dogshit average Joes with connections and every now and then you get someone decent who goes on to become a top competitor.
>>
>>36686724
that's the problem with MMA. There are really only a handful of stars. The rest of the field is a bunch of schlubs who don't really stand out from each other in talent.
>>
>>36686375
>Fedor not 1st

are you autisto mongoloid or just trolling?
>>
>>36686698
fedor is the best, he's a fucking bear

GOAT but still so humble
>>
>>36686752
Yep. Jon Jones is considered one of the best pound for pound fighters in mma currently. He is the least athletic man in his family. His 2 brothers are both in the NFL.

Imagine if some of those NFL or NBA players started training and fighting at a young age.
>>
>>36686838
I was thinking that earlier.

Basically, your big sports draw the best athletes already, so the smaller more niche ones are basically getting the lesser athletes. Not only that, but everyone knows that guy from highschool that could have went really far in one particular sport that just slipped through the cracks due to a lack of opportunity or parenting.

Basically, we rarely see any more than a few true top level athletes anywhere because so many are lost along the way.

Not only that, but as >>36686628 said, the training isn't there. It's like that for a lot of sports, even gymnastics-where they use inefficient progressions that slow down progress relative to the best methodologies.
>>
>>36686675
This is way worse than what Ferguson did.

Ferguson kept his abs locked during the lift so he's fine there. The only issue was the stutter step which could have easily fucked his hips or lower back. Any athlete his size can lift 405 three times on a hex bar with no issues. If anything struggling with the lift shows how weak he is.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.