[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody here ever had lowerback injuries and seen a doctor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 19542.jpg (21 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
19542.jpg
21 KB, 400x320
Has anybody here ever had lowerback injuries and seen a doctor / physio?

What did they advise you to do? How did you rehab your injury?

I'm not sure what my injury is, the pain isn't localised, its the entire lowerback.
It reoccurs randomly. I can squat for a month fine then if I squat wrong or deadlift wrong it comes back instantly and immobilises me for the rest of the day.

When it comes I usually feel tingles around the area for a few seconds then its just hard to bend over without this dull pain for 24 hours.
It does go away.

Any advice?

Pic shows the area of pain. I reckon it may be a bulging disk, but probably not a slipped disk.
>>
additional information:
Lax balling glutes usually gets rid of some of the pain and makes me more mobile.
Stretching hamstrings usually makes it a lot worse.

The pain first occur several months ago and has been on and off. Mostly off.
>>
prolapsed l4 l5 disc reporting in. i go to chiro, stretch heaps good posture and cant load my back ie squat also anti inflammatorys but go easy on them cos they are terrible for your liver
>>
I've had a huge L5S1 bulge injury (not prolapse) 2 years ago. Had pain in my right buttock and down my leg.
Went to a good chiro, he unspapped my shit in 5 sessions, reduced my pain by 90%.
Continued to go to him for 2 years montly now, bought an inversion table which i use 3x daily.
No buttock/leg pain. Lower back gets fatigued sometimes and maybe a dull ache after physical activity, overall bretty good.
>>
>>36685570
But chiros give you strokes...
>>
>>36685505
>>36685570
Thanks lads. Anything I can do at home for myself?
>>
>>36685505
> cant load my back ie squat

So you just decided to give up on life? Why not end it all?
>>
>>36684639
Yo my man. My sciatica is just clearing up now after like 9 months of constant so trust me when I say I feel you.

Here's what I did:

I had a bad hernia. The therapist recommended some yoga exercises. Get a feel for the pain by bending over (flexing) or bending backwards (extension). The movement that produces the most pain is a no-no.

For me it was flexion, bending over I guess made the bulge protrude more and scrape the nerve. If flex ions bad for you do cobra poses on the floor. First on your elbows for 30 seconds to a minute, then on your hands like your doing a push up, keeping the back scrunched together as you can without forcing it. do this daily.

I also found child's pose helped too even though it was flexion. Go figure.

Not gonna lie, these exercises didn't necessarily clear it up but they did make me feel a bit better.

DO NOT rest too much. keeping your back in one position almost like hardens your back and makes it very tight and inflexible. Walk, stand up, just take it easy.

Raise your leg lying down and standing up. If you have what I had the higher the range of motion, the more it's healed. Bro I could barely lift my leg a couple inches off the ground before I'd get horrible nerve pain, now I fucking eat it.

Let mother nature take its course. The best remedy is time, srs. Last October the pain was so bad one night even with Tylenol I was actually bawling crying. But now I'm back at the gym and going hard, though I'm never touching squats and deads again.

The fact that you don't have sciatica is a good sign. Do bridges, cobra and child's poses and take it the fuck easy. I thought I was a candidate for surgery but now the worst is behind me bro. take care of your back nigga it fucking SUCKS when it ain't working properly
>>
For anyone with a bulging disc or sciatica, do this. It saved me. I can not overstate how good this is

https://youtu.be/BWV6keJUDeo
>>
>>36686346

Not OP, but how do you train lower body now? Great post btw.
>>
>>36686971
Good posture, standing up straight (but not so stiff and straight you round out your back too far in the other direction, that's not good either), core tight, and the occasional bridges. Always keep that core tight, thought, that's the most important thing

If I'm better now, you will be too. I promise man. It was some dark times but I'm out of the woods. Take care of your body for fucks sake
>>
>>36686971
Sorry I misread your post. Honestly bro I don't, except for body weight squats here and there. I don't give a fuck about being a literal meme now that I don't do leg days, hernias fucking blow
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.