[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dexamphetamine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
So fit, i just got prescribed dexamphetamine for ADHD.

Does any one have any experience with it in their daily life and anything i need to know about how it could possibly affect my lifting?
>>
>>36680876
chug the whole bottle of pills and drink a a couple pints of vodka. Literally better than steroids.
>>
>>36680876
Anon, how old are you? Dex can stunt your growth.
>>
>>36680921
23 and 6ft, i've been diagnosed since i was a teenager just haven't been on meds for it until now.
>>
>>36680921
ahh so close m8
>>
Can it be used to my advantage for cutting weight at all?
>>
>>36680876
I was put on dex before being moved on to Ritalin. Dex was amazing for university. I only had to turn up to lectures and tutorials and I'd get high 90's in my exams.

For lifting and everyday life, it was a nightmare. I went from 86kg with decent lifts, right down to 68kg with shitty lifts. Appetite was completely gone, and I was lucky if I could get 3 hours of solid sleep.
>>
>>36681393
Also to add: I'm in Australia, and federal health regulations required me to do a random drug test once a month, which I had to pay for. It was to ensure that I wasn't selling the medication.
>>
>>36681013
yes easily and effectively
>>
>>36680876
Fucking KILLS my appetite. Took it yesterday before a test only to realize later that night I hadn't eaten all day.

I save it for test/study days, not just going to class type stuff
>>
I used to do meth recreationally. I'd lose a lot of weight over a few days binge, eating is impossible, food is so hard to force down, and after you just want to sleep. It's bad for gains. You will need to track calories or you'll be a skelly. I recommend drinking whole milk. You'll need it. real bad stuff dude. Your dose is low and tolerance rises so fast. Don't fuck around with it.

Oh just realized you didn't day desoxyn, which is meth. Your shit is weaker nut same rules apply.
>>
>>36681409
Yeah i'm going to have to do the random drug tests as well which is annoying because i like smoking the occasional joint at a a party but i'll live. I didn't know it was going to be random every month though?

I'm pretty worried about how it will affect my lifts and suppress my appetite, but i guess i'll have to figure that out. Is there a reason you went to Ritalin over dexies?
>>
I wouldn't workout while the drug is in yours system. Take it early in the morning and workout late. Amphetamines raise heart rate and blood pressure.

I find it actually increased my appetite. It's also not a "smart pill" as people will describe. ADHD drugs make up for deficiencies, rather than enhance your brain power.
>>
I'm thinking of getting Modafinil instead of Dex as it has less side effects.

Tried Ritalin, but the main side effects i don't like are;
-It makes me very angry
-It tires me very quickly
(I take it to be able to focus in class, but later
in the day i still need to study and do homework/assignments, at this point i am exhausted)
-After about 2 weeks of continuous use my mental health deteriorates and i start to feel depressed
-It makes me want to do alot of drugs, i picked up smoking again and i can't seem to cut coffee out of my habbits even if it told myself that it would have to be cut out of my diet so it would not intereact with the Ritaline.

So i was thinking of trying Dex BUT, i found out about Modafinil and from what the people who have tired it describe, it sounds much better then dex.

In general with these drugs;
-Get your health in check first before you experiment, Eat healthy, excercise and get a good amount of sleep! These things are constantly overlooked but they make so much difference.

Then try the drugs, if you are looking for things to enhance your brain but are less harsh then Rit, Dex etc look up "Nootropics".

[Oh and i dohave ADHD].
>>
>>36680876
>i just got prescribed dexamphetamine for ADHD.
I just started with it too, for ADD. 6 weeks in now.

What I've experienced:
>More energy,
lifting and running is easier
>appetite is shit.
I was cutting before but now I don't even have to put a thought into it. Just don't feel hungry at all, and i'm 'meh' at the end of my first sandwich.
>Sometimes a hard time getting into sleep.
But that really depends on your planning. I take a bigger dose at the start of the day (10mg) and 4 hours later I take 5mg. When I go to bed at 2330 it's pretty much gone. But I've heard it can differ from person to person, so just keep track of it and don't take any chances when you've got something important early the next day.
>>
>>36682293
One thing to add:

I can't handle alcohol anymore. 2 beers and I'll feel like shit the next day.

Anybody have the same problem?
>>
>>36682293
With the Rit i was taking, my general rule for being able to fall asleep on time was no Rit after 5:30pm as the effects last for several hours, 3-5 hours.

Generally with ADHD drugs, what i find challenging is that you need to be extremely precise and careful when taking these meds, you need to cut out all other drugs to prevent any interaction and generally you need to be in much more control of everything you do so the drugs don't fuck you up.

But having ADHD, routines and being organised are your worst nightmare, so one needs to be very mindful of these things.
>>
>>36682314
Caffeine or alcohol can mix with the meds to make a completely new drug so that may be what is happening, resulting in a bad comedown.
>>
>>36682332
>But having ADHD, routines and being organised are your worst nightmare
for me it's just very difficult to achieve, so i'm really fucking autistic about anything that might fuck it up. Alarms for when to go to sleep, strict rules about no internet before bed (because before I realise it it's 3AM) etc.

I'm using 2 apps now, which really help me. Clockwork Tomato for studying (25 min on, 5 min break), and rewire, in which you can track you're goals in everyday life.

Any tips?
>>
File: swologa.jpg (78 KB, 714x890) Image search: [Google]
swologa.jpg
78 KB, 714x890
Checkout the bluelight drug forum's faq on amphetamines. There are vitamins and minerals like magnesium, b12 ect that are going to be depleted more quickly now that you are using an amphetamine daily. Lots of good shit on that board for maximizing drug effects.
>>
File: 1453877486912.jpg (130 KB, 640x629) Image search: [Google]
1453877486912.jpg
130 KB, 640x629
>>36682290
I´m on ritalin (methylphenidate) 2,5 mg dose 3-4 times a day.
I too have the side effects you're talking about, I'm gonna try and see if I can get something different prescribed.
I kinda stuck with ritalin because it's covered by my insurrance. Do Dex and Modafinil work roughly the same way?
>>
>>36682290
I take modafinil once in a while when I get poor sleep (I don't have ADHD) and from my experience the only effect that I get from it is wakefulness. No increase in concentration/memory whatsoever so I wouldn't bother with it.
>>
Bump

let's make this an ADHD tip thread.

What are ways you guys keep your life on track?

Also, dexamphetamine gives me cold as fuck hands. Sucks when you're fapping.
>>
>>36683791

I've suspected that I've had some kinda ADHD since I learned more about it in late high school. My parents think that it's a made up thing, and it seemed like I knew too many people that were trying to fake it to get Adderall for college. I also hate the idea of self diagnosis, but tons of symptoms have been present all of my life. Should I talk to someone? How do I bring it up? I'm so worried that I'll sound like I'm fishing for medication.

>mfw they tell me I'm fine and actually just an unfocused, distracted schlub with a discipline problem
>>
File: Peter-Hitchens-October-20-011.jpg (51 KB, 626x375) Image search: [Google]
Peter-Hitchens-October-20-011.jpg
51 KB, 626x375
>>36683791
>ADHD
>Real

Even if it is, it's so overdiagnosed it might as well not be
>>
>>36684887
In some instances it is overdiagnosed but in others, especially in girls and adhd-pi it is under diagnosed
>>
>>36680876
Aww yiss, you lucky bastard.
Snort those little fucks
>>
>>36683791
Iktfb. Shook a guy's hand yesterday and he was "damn your hands are like ice" gf always complains too. Good ol' Raynaud's syndrome, I've found a really hot shower at the onset of the meds kicking in to help a little bit, moving around is also key.

I'd also recommend taking a magnesium, potassium, and fish oil supplement. Apparently magnesium always reduces the addictive power of Adderall. Stay fucking hydrated too, I did a stint of keto WHILE on Adderall and I woke up in the middle of the night severely dehydrated and so dizzy I couldn't walk, thought I was having a stroke. Sorry for the blog, I've been on Adderall for a year now, AMA familams.
>>
>>36685286
Why?
They have a much higher bioavailability when taken orally, bit like racking up a line of whey powder to huff really
>>
I am prescribed Adderall.

I try to only take it when needed. I don't really want to daily medicate myself.
>>
I swear one negative thought that enters my brain on VyVance and I'm depressed for the next couple hours.
>>
>>36685342
U wot? It SHOULD flood you with dopamine; are you referring to anxiety like symptoms?
>>
>>36685342
I get pretty euphoric on adderall xr... Usually around the 2 hour mark I feel best.

>>36685314
I have the same problem. I'm gonna get those supps for sure. How much do you take daily?
>>
>>36685456
100mg Mag citrate w/ my dose
90mg Potassium
2g Fishoil

Also don't be afraid to consume a little more sodium, if you're anything like me you could go for a 5lb piss while on the stuff. I'm thinking a baby aspirin might even help a bit. I've read/heard from my MD that it usually will subside with time, I myself don't get it all of the time.
>>
>>36685389
Yeah, you're probably right about it being anxiety instead. Another one I have when I take it is my increase in stuttering (already have a speech impediment). I just have the thought of "I'm cheating when I take this stuff", even though I've been diagnosed with ADD. Skimming through Reddit and 4chan, everyone says that long-term use of the drug has serious cons, but going day to day without it sucks.

ADD symptons I have
>lose shit all the time (looking for my wallet and come to find it in my back pocket)
>can't concentrate worth a dick
>forget things people tell me almost instantly
>less productive
>>
>>36683866
>Should I talk to someone? How do I bring it up? I'm so worried that I'll sound like I'm fishing for medication.
Why not? I don't know how old you are but it's possible to go to your doctor on your own discretion.

Say that you have some serious suspicions and tell them what they're based on.
In my case it involved some extreme problems with procrastination. Often dreaming off and finding myself within hours of a deadline. But also trouble with structering my life and

And remember that treatment of ADHD isn't just medication but also cognitive therapy and group therapy. (Which sounds very severe, but it's simply talking with someone who can let you reflect on you and gives good suggestions to better yourself.)

In my country it's impossible to get the medication without a proper examination from a range of psychologist and psychiatrist. Took me a full day.

Good luck anon, hope this will help you.
>>
>>36685531
You have to weigh the pros vs cons m8. It can downregulate dopamine receptors in your brain I believe. You will feel like utter shit for awhile if you discontinue your use, but you'll bounce back eventually. Off the top of my head I know it's been known to be neurotoxic over time, but I'm pretty sure the evidence for it was in rats who were given non-therapeutic doses. IMO take the lowest dose you need for it to be effective and only when you need it. I myself only take it mon-Thursday with very little side effects to being off of it.
>>
>>36685531
>I just have the thought of "I'm cheating when I take this stuff", even though I've been diagnosed with ADD.
Exactly the same here. I'm on it for a few weeks now, and at the start I was extremely sociable and very present in conversations. I'm not autistic but usually just calm in interaction. Very strange to be a social butterfly at once. I felt very confident but also fake, like people wouldn't like me anyway if they found out how I normally was.
But it became less and now I'm pretty much normal, but I have a higher workdrive.
>>
>>36685612
I don't know why you guys are so surprised? It floods your brain with dopamine, it's going to make you feel good and promote goal drive. It is a great drug, but you eventually have to pay the piper. I myself don't plan on being on it my entire life, I'm going to learn to live with my inattentiveness and mental "noise"
>>
>>36682151
I actually found an improvement in my blood pressure and heart rate. Blood pressure before being put on dex was around 140/95, with dex it dopped to around 125/80, and resting heart before was around 90bpm, now it's around 65.
>>
>>36683633
pretty much this, plus it makes my eczema a lot worse when i take it, pretty sure it's a documented side effect

fuck moda, adderal/vyvanse is so much better
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.