[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Signing up for Planet Fitness today; it's the only gym in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1456646191818.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456646191818.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Signing up for Planet Fitness today; it's the only gym in my area. How bad is it really
>>
bump i guess
>>
It's awful. The money spent on buying used gym equipment in craigslist is worth it after being there. But if you're a stone cold beginner fatty then go for it I guess.
>>
File: 123311234a.jpg (216 KB, 590x322) Image search: [Google]
123311234a.jpg
216 KB, 590x322
>>36674774
Its lame but you won't stick with it anyway so who gives a shit
>>
Monday is free pizza day, so I'd suggest you develop some restraint so as not to fuck up your progress.
>>
>>36674774
If you want to do cardio, congrats you've lucked out.

If you want to do compound lifts, you're shit out of luck.

It is not a gym for people who like to lift weights, they have made that very clear.
>>
It's not awful. I go to PF because there is one right across the street from my apartment and it's open 24/7. It's about half elliptical/treadmill and half machines and freeweight. No bench, but mine has 5 smith machines. No barbells. The weights go up to 75lbs.

It's cheap and pretty fucking big so I don't mind. Be prepared for people doing really retarded shit though.
>>
>>36674962
>>36674981
Been lifting for a while

>>36674983
yeah, and tuesday is bagels. great marketing lmao

>>36674985
I prefer to run outdoors unless it's bitterly cold. The photo suggested that there are free weights; that is mostly what I'd go to use. They do have them, yes? I don't use machines much. I'm quiet when I lift, I don't make any big grunts or anything like that, maybe a small noise. Can usually lower the bar to the ground without dropping it. Is that a problem or?? How serious are they about it if people make a small sound while lifting? And is this shit with the alarm real? Do they really play a fucking alarm if you slam a weight?
>>
>>36675087
>Been lifting for a while
>gets membership at planet fitness
pick one
>>
>>36675057
No bench or barbells?? Hopefully the one near me has them. As I said, it's the only gym near by.

I'm small so under 75 pounds will be fine for a while.
>>
>>36675057
>It's not awful
>but it doesn't have anything to do a proper routine
ye
>>
>>36675057

>A bench and barbells
>Not a gym

Pick 1
>>
>>36674774
Everything looks like a toy, its a no-fun-allowed zone and their main demographic is fatties and old people

Plus free pizza
>>
>>36674774
It kinda sucks
I've been to my local PF a few times and it is really weird trying to do shit on the smith machine because it restricts your movement so much
It was pretty clean though, I'll give it that
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.