[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a bitch be made into a fighter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
I'm 21 years old and I just attended my first kick-boxing class.

Apparently it was "combo training day" and some high school kid ended up beating the shit out of me. My face is swollen, ribs hurt, what's was left of my ego destroyed and the worst part is this wasn't even real sparring.

What the fuck! I always felt like I need to grow some balls hence the attending of the class but shit, when it was my turn to throw a combination at him I just threw some light punches hoping he'll spare me some slack on his turn. Needles to say, this didn't prove effective.

Fuck! At least this was an eye opening experience that made me realize I'm the type of guy who would be someones bitch in a prison.

Has ANYONE here went through a similar experience and came out as a man after hard work or should I just not show up for next class and invest into my e-sports career?
>>
>>36673450
i sat down to pee at my friends house and my wiener touched the part of the toilet bowl where his probably touches, i havent told him yet what do?
>>
>>36673450
Getting hit is as much a part of fighting as hitting. Just keep at it. Like an discipline it gets easier the harder you work at it.
>>
>>36673450
Man up, and go through with it.

You're 21, still basically a learner. So what if you're gonna get your ass kicked? What's wrong with that.

You'll stop being neurotic, you will be able to calm yourself in new situations. You'll hold yourself to new standards.

And if you quit, get a vasectomy, we don't need more weak people.
>>
>>36673450
You'll be fine
>>
>>36673450
Dude just be a good sport and drop your ego, if you get your ass kicked, whatever, you are going to get better with practice.
>>
File: 1458198723409.jpg (44 KB, 585x604) Image search: [Google]
1458198723409.jpg
44 KB, 585x604
>>36673466
nice dubs, bru
>>
>>36673450
If your face is swollen from your first class, then there is something seriously wrong with the coaches.

Nobody should be sparring or doing "combo training day" with hard contact within the first 10 classes... MINIMUM unless they came from a different martial arts background.

Do some research on GOOD gyms with good reputable coaches in your area... Even if you have to travel far. Tell them your story and they will nod their head and say that they've heard it a thousand times.

They'll teach you basic technique and get you working on drills and will assess your competency every so often until they even think about letting you spar with people who know what they are doing.

Don't let it get you down, kid. Your story is common. It juts sounds OK because it's a martial art.

Just imagine the same scenario if you wanted to learn how to play Tennis.

You went to your first ever class and then suddeny you're playing against someone who is completely destroying you before you were even taught how to return the ball.

It would be dumb to think you are destined to be shit at tennis just because you went to the worst class ever.
>>
>>36673450
>sparring on the first day
What kind of shit gym are you at bro? You shouldn't be sparring, let alone against someone who's going to kick your ass for at least 3 months. You need a foundation and then ease into supervised sparring sessions. And took turns hitting eachother? What in the actual fuck lol
>>
>>36673450
why would they allow that to happen to someone who's completely untrained. fucked up desu
>>
>>36673593
he went to the made up gym of meme land and was taught by master meme himself, 11/10 would recommend OPs new meme to others who are new to memes
>>
>>36673593
>>36673593
This.
First two to three months are supposed to be based on learning proper form and conditioning. And if they get you to trade hits with someone else after a couple of weeks it has to be someone on your same level usually having you or the other dude on guard, switching roles every 30 seconds or whatever. And no hits to the face ffs
>>
>get beat up on the first day of training
You deserve it for going to such a shit gym.

On a side note, find that high school kid and beat him with a chain.
>>
How the fuck can your face be swollen?

When you punch someone's head in partner sparring it's supposed to touch, and nothing else. You make it sound like the guy used 60% of his strength.

It wasn't your fault, but you're still a pussy.
>>
>>36673450
that gym sounds fucking retarded. there is no point in getting beat up if you are a complete beginner. don't listen to the "toughen up" retards, you need to learn technique first
>>
>>36673573
this basically
>>
>>36673573

This is the reasonable post you should listen to OP.
>>
>>36673450
Leave the gym and find a new one. If they made you spar on the first day, they are terrible at teaching, i know this because it happened to me too
>>
>>36673450
You even type like a bitch
>>
>>36673450
You are at a shit gym if they made you spare the very first day. Either you have been there for a few weeks and are lying or your gym is fucking retarded. I didnt spare until I was about a month in.
>>
Why even bother signing up for that shit when you obviously haven't even bothered to practice anything yourself. There is so much information out there for free, I don't see why you wouldn't at least spend a few months learning the basics and practicing first so you don't embarrass yourself.
>>
>>36676793
This sounds like an awesome way to develop bad habits before you even start learning how to do something.
>>
Hold up, did they actually just throw you to the wolves like that? Or did this highschooler go full retard?

Did you wear headgear during this? Shin guards?
>>
>>36673450
go to a different club

getting punched to fuck on your first day = coaches don't care about you
>>
>>36673450
basicly what they just told you in this thread

you shouldnt have any contact on fist lesson or even in a month

even in a first 2-3 months you will still get your ass kicked, my friend started boxing and despite doing it 2-3 times a week each 2h after 3 months i could still play him like a puppy

dont be discouraged tho just be persistent and keep your head up and you will be sik kunt
>>
>>36673450
Change gym - they played you

all they wanted was "their boy" to give you a beat down fuck those cunts they don't deserve your money

Also all those betas calling you a pussy don't know shit, the aim is to AVOID getting hit not get used to it
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.