[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>after ss doing phul >going from school and I hear conv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: hnggg.png (186 KB, 375x374) Image search: [Google]
hnggg.png
186 KB, 375x374
>after ss doing phul

>going from school and I hear conv between 2 guys" Yeah I am focusing now just on arms and abs" cuz chick time man"

>mfw they actually look aesthetic

>wasting time on compound lifts and strength

>legs covered almost all the time, even in shorts so whats the point of working them out?
>>
>>36672855
You're assuming that women are the only reason to work out

Kill you'reself
>>
>>36672855
Hop on a bodybuilder routine then, faggot.
>>
>>36672911
They're not but there's no point in putting emphasis on legs when lifting. Keep it proportional or slightly less so because huge legs suck for variety of reasons.
>>
The human body is supposed to have big muscular legs, that is proportional. Having giant pecs and arms with small legs are fucked up proportions.
>>
>>36672936
> huge legs suck for variety of reasons

you must not do sports anon big legs are pretty much beneficial to whatever sport you are in.
>>
>>36672936
>huge legs suck for variety of reasons.
"No"
There is a reason why the leg group is the most powerful muscle group in the body.
>>
>>36672855
I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I've come to the conclusion that what women want most is a guy that they feel safe with.
So being strong and looking like you could hold your own in a tough situation is much more appealing than being "aesthetic".
>>
File: 1450774703701.png (305 KB, 501x349) Image search: [Google]
1450774703701.png
305 KB, 501x349
>>36672855
>he fell for the big legs meme

kek

all you need to do to have good looking legs by normie standards is the leg press. i am dead serious. those inflated tree trunk legs look like shit to young girls (18-21) and i think only older women like them
>>
>>36673081
this is pretty much it
>>
Having strong legs and glutes do more than just look juicy and thick, there are hormonal and postural benefits to having strong muscle all over that you just don't get when you're a curl bro.

I feel a lot better in general when I'm performing more compound lifts vs isolations. My hips are aligned, my back is good, my knees are fluid, etc. when I do curl bro shit I feel like an unbalanced idiot.

Also this may surprise you, but women are actually attracted to men who can throw them around like the sluts they are, not little ottormode boys. College chicks might be into those idiots now, but most college chicks suck at fucking and blowjobs. Just work on your strength and career and you'll swim in pussy when you're in your late 20s
>>
>>36673081
Women find aesthetics pleasing on the Internet and in pictures.

In reality they like big strong men who can rip anyone apart if someone threatens them. Basically they like men. Not aesthetic boys.
>>
>>36672855
>blaming someone else for something you have choices in and have full control over

Why don't you just follow a body building routine then you little stupid ass insecure punk made bitch?
>>
>Giving a shit what normies say/think
Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>36672855
i swear, you fuckers here on /fit/ made me conclude that guys are much more insecure about their appearance than women.
>>
>>36672855
Who is
>>
I lift for girls. I'll be honest, but its why I lift.
Aesthetics are by far the most important part.

I've struggled with the keeping my legs going, the grueling workouts, lack of fitting jeans, and injuries

But the looks are just the first part. We all talk about getting noticed by girls, which is the most important part. Without the initial attraction, the arms/chest/abs, they won't give you the time of day.

But when you get on a date, that night, at the bar, or whereever, there will be a time to use a bit of strength. Pick her up, carry her around, move heavy things, etc, which is absolutely a kill shot. If you pick her up, she's yours for the night.

And for that, you need strength, you need legs.

Legs aren't there for show. No one gives a shit if you have tree trunks, they just need to be decently proportioned compared to a huge upper body. But, they are almost as important to getting the girl home.

Upper body gets the girl to talk to you, but the lower body gets her to come home with you.
>>
File: huh.gif (474 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
huh.gif
474 KB, 500x259
>initial attraction
>abs

uwotm8?
Your girl's got x-ray vision to see that 6 pack or somethin?
>>
>>36673098
You can make that 21 into a 28 mate
>>
>>36673360
>upper body gets girls to talk to you
>lower body gets her home

lololololol, bahahahaha. This nigga......
its more like

>dont be a try hard fuckin faggot
>have money

Ive seen fat gamers at my uni with gf's. Ive seen skinny nerds with gf's. You fuckers here may know shit about how to lift heavy shit safely but you guys have no idea how to be a normal fucking person living a normal fucking life.
>>
>>36673503
>but you guys have no idea how to be a normal fucking person living a normal fucking life.

no fucking shit, why do you think this place is full of spergs? having a good body means you will get away with more autistic behavior than if you're a fat slob.
>>
File: 1380037929479.jpg (9 KB, 171x211) Image search: [Google]
1380037929479.jpg
9 KB, 171x211
>>36672855
>>36673081
>>36673098
>>36673190
>>36673360
>>36673503
>implying women know what they want
>>
>>36673552
you do realize that normal people are not robots and also have weird shits they do? You guys here think you guys are the only people that do weird shit outside of your homes. Fuck, do you guys even work? How do you guys not see most customers you deal with are fuckin socially way more weird than you but they all seem to have found a way to live a normal life.
holy shit you guys
>>
>>36673575
>thinking money is something that no one wants

terrible trolling and just retarded
>>
>>36673081
>>36673208
I'd rather say that women want a man that is self-confident.
Which is much easier when you do sport because you enjoy it, not because you want to impress curlbros and ugly sluts.
>>
ye most dudes ive known in my 6 years in the gym go like this

oh god how do I gym -> i'll just do cardio -> i'll just go around the gym and do all the machines -> I'll do strength -> I'm older now & I don't really care about strength that much so I'll do a split

you realise people who obsess over strength are usually trying to compensate for a shit physique, and that the injuries associated with a proper strength routine (read: not SS) you don't really find to be worth it anymore.
>>
>>36673021
Eh, not rock climbing, basketball, or running.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>PHUL is meme
>>
>>36673552
Oh god this is so true

I'm such a fucking sperg, but I'm really attractive so I can get away with almost anything. My spaghetti can shoot out of my pockets onto a girls face and she'll say sorry and giggle.
>>
>>36673656
wrong
>>
>>36673656
you definitely just do it for fun once in a while with your friends.
No way a competitive athlete would say something like this
>>
>>36673675
What a stupid thing to say. PHUL or PHAT are good routines.
>>
>>36673677
you sound like a middle school faggot the way you talk and how you describe your interaction with little girls. im glad we all taking advice from your candy ass
>>
>>36672936
>he doesn't want big legs
>>
>>36673767
> projecting

I'm in college. You sound like an uneducated fuck who can't into reading comprehension. Have fun being ugly and DYEL.
>>
File: jake.png (2 MB, 918x936) Image search: [Google]
jake.png
2 MB, 918x936
>>36672855
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0830yFDc-U8

>compunds are a waste
>>
>>36673831
>im in college
>oh im so attractive
>girls giggle and say sorry when they speak to me
>you're just projecting

lolololol, hahahaha. You also want to tell me how much more money your dad makes than me? oh my god you are such a fuckin faggot passive aggressive pussy
>>
>>36673656
2 of those 3 have big legs proportion wise
>>
>>36673831
>says someone is projecting
>then projects himself
>>
File: damage control.jpg (126 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
damage control.jpg
126 KB, 650x650
>>36673896
> show me on the doll where chad touched you as a child
why are you so salty anon? Did your gf cheat on you with someone more attractive than you?
>>
>>36673656
How do you expect to take flight and dunk/pack niggers in basketball you white boy
>>
>>36673896
>be aggressive to random people on the internet
>person responds in kind
>"wow you're such a passive aggressive pussy"

kill yourself faggot
>>
>>36673831
>im a sperg
>gets offended when someone tells him he talks like a middle school faggot

Are you literally retarded or.... whats going on? This is like being offended by criticism when asking for it.
>>
>>36672936
>women arent my only reason of lifting
>ill stop doing 1/2 of my body cuz they dont care
>>
>>36673952
I'm just agreeing with the anon who said being muscular and attractive makes up for not having social skills.
>>
>>36673934
>>36673944
Oh im sorry, I didn't know your feelings were hurt. I apologize. I didn't know you guys would cry over nothing that shouldn't really matter. Let me take back me saying someone talks like a middle school kid when they themselves admitted they talk like one.
>>
>>36673996
>being muscular and attractive makes up for not having social skills

lol, wat? Are you sure you're talking to real people?
>>
>>36674023
if you've never experienced anything like that then I have some bad news for you anon
>>
>>36673944
>person responds in kind
>"You sound like an uneducated fuck who can't into reading comprehension. Have fun being ugly and DYEL."
>thats being kind, not passive aggressive

You like sucking your own dick and claiming you are intelligent?
>>
>>36674049
>thinking its okay to act like a retard if you are attractive and muscular

bro, you really need to go outside or something. No one likes that weird fucking guy that says, "lets go get some potatoes" when they actually mean fries.
>>
>>36674054
I might be socially awkward, but are you actually retarded?

am I being rused?
>>
>>36674091
>literally thinks calling someone uneducated, ugly, and DYEL is a kind response and not a passive aggressive one

im obviously not the guy you are arguing with but you really need to go back and read the original posts. No response anywhere was kind.
>>
File: image.jpg (233 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
233 KB, 750x1334
>>36672911
>>
>>36674091
So i guess you do, lol. Glad to hear you admit it.
>>
It's fun to see two retards going at it; the winner get the price of being the biggest retard of them all. Congratulations!
>>
>>36674128
gets *

My grammar be good, yo!
>>
>>36674128
its fun when another retard thinks they are better and would never get into a retarded argument like the current retards; they get to see what they are like when they shitpost but are literally too retarded to recognize it. Congratulations!
>>
>>36674128
Seriously this thread is fucking ridiculous and pathetic. Kinda funny to read though.
>>
File: 1445280669569.gif (480 KB, 206x196) Image search: [Google]
1445280669569.gif
480 KB, 206x196
>>36674162
Got another faggot that thinks they are better than everyone else!
You think you're better than me!?! NO ONE IS BETTER THAN ME!
>>
>>36674160
kek
>>
>>36673606
Why would I think that? Where did that come from, anyway, anon?
>>
>>36673656
Is this nigger for real? All those you need strong legs.
>>
>>36673360
How heavy are these women you're picking up? I had no problem picking up 100-120lbs women when I was a skelly
>>
>>36674396
with all the faggots saying its okay to act like a retard when you are strong, you should probably have figured out by now that this anon is just another fedora tipping faggot
>>
>>36672936
>most women don't cream over gigantic thighs and calves
>>
I don't get why BB routines are so looked down upon on /fit/. I genuinely believe people look the most aesthetic doing them. They won't be strong though.
>>
>>36675078
bb routines are terrible for anyone who hasn't worked out for at least 1-2 years in a serious manner.

It's important to develop overall frame and general strength when you're not an experienced lifter, then you can think more about certain parts of each muscle and isolation exercises.
>>
>>36673098
Pretty much this.

As long as you don't look like a chicken, you'll be fine.
>>
>>36675121
I did a BB routine straight off the bat and I'm up 30 pounds in weight overall and my bf is still 15%. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't look half as aesthetic on SS or powerlifting routine.
>>
>>36673404
Guys who look good aren't afraid to take their shirts off in good weather.
>>
>>36675235
You don't know for sure though, since you never did a strength routine. I still think that such a routine is best for beginners, AT LEAST for the first 6 months. Full body program is also superior to other programs until one starts to stagnate on such a program.
>>
>>36675121

I don't think it's a dichotomy. You can work on the important compounds and do accessory isolation work
>>
>>36675270
I never said to not do isolation work. Most strength routines have some sort of isolation work too, just not as much. Just look at the different Reg Park routines out there, excellent strength with a few isolation exercises

I would never recommend anyone to do SS or similar routines with no isolation moves for longer periods of time.
>>
>>36672855

Once you've gotten past having Auschwitz legs it doesn't fucking matter. Squats are draining as all shit and take forever to recover from. And your prize is you can never wear normal pants.

I just switched up my leg day to train calves and train glutes with barbell hip thrusts and barbell glute bridges. I recover in no time, and my ass is at super-critical bootylicious. Seriously, any pair of sweatpants basically become yoga pants.
>>
>>36673765
which is why he was memeing
>>
>>36673309
lindsey pelas faggot
>>
>>36675378
If you really want to take your booty to the next level, play hockey. My ass is 10/10 from playing since I was a kid. Every hockey player gets crazy ass gains.

>no homo
>>
>>36673098
But what about le epic
>friends don't let friends skip leg day XD
meme. For real though, girls have picked up on legs just through memes. Just do some leg press a couple of times a week and romanian deadlifts if you lift for girls. Girls do like a booty tho
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.