[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is my problem? I want to be a runner, but I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: ahhh.jpg (46 KB, 346x444) Image search: [Google]
ahhh.jpg
46 KB, 346x444
What the fuck is my problem?

I want to be a runner, but I am so fucking awful at it.

I am 5'9, 160 lbs

The best I can do is a 9 minute mile

When I run every muscle seems to protest, I run out of breath quickly, I build up phlegm and it feels like I am going to choke to death

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME?
>>
>>36672622
keep running and you'll get better at it over time, also your diet may be shit
>>
>>36672622
With the phlegm, minimise dairy and eat eggs.
High cysteine foods thin the mucus, making it easier to get rid of.
>>
>>36672631
I eat clean

>>36672731
I don't do dairy except for yogurt and cheese sometimes
>>
>>36672622
Take some guaifenesin and drink lots of water to get rid of the mucous problem.

Other than that, just keep at it. we all start out like that.
>>
>>36672622
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2_Mn-qRKjA
>>
>>36672915
huh. neat.
>>
>>36672622

Have you considered doing it over and over until you get better at it?

Protip: you don't get very far without a good team
>>
>>36673018
I've been trying for a while. It's not my first battle with running. I do good for about 3 months and then fall off....

It's difficult to incorporate with heavy lifting when time is lacking.
>>
>>36673052
Your Too heavy, your times will go down as your weight does
>>
>>36672622
Try caving, manlet.
>>
File: ChildImageForMaxManletButthurt.jpg (8 KB, 254x198) Image search: [Google]
ChildImageForMaxManletButthurt.jpg
8 KB, 254x198
>>36674534
Literally this.
>>
>>36672631
Any runners here?

I'm 2 days out from the big day (a fitness test, not a marathon, but same concept) and i'm about to do my last training session.

My question is, how long before your big day do you spend recovering?
>>
>>36675300
You dont. Just lighten your workouts a few days before
>>
>OMG I RUN FASTER THAN AVERAGE RUNNER!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH ME!!!!
OP, just enjoy running. I can't pass 7:30 min/mile, but it doesn't ruin the fun of running for me.
>>
How to tell if you have shin splints? My shins, or the front of my lower leg in general, are sore as fuck after a run, however it feels like muscle soreness rather than pain. I'm new to running so excuse me if i'm being retarded.
>>
>>36676426
Shin splints feel like someone is cracking your shin bones with a hammer and chisel
>>
>>36676472
Fuuuck that. Thanks for the reassurance.
>>
I ran a 7:11 mile in gym class as a completely untrained 12 year old video gamer who had just downed a bottle of mountain dew

lmfao
>>
>>36672622
just
keep
running
>>
>>36672761
water is key
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.