[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much validity is there to tongue posture and facial aest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: 5550089_orig.jpg (127 KB, 1100x550) Image search: [Google]
5550089_orig.jpg
127 KB, 1100x550
How much validity is there to tongue posture and facial aesthetics?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8
Mike Mew's reasoning seems pretty sound and all, but him and his father seem to be the only ones who have anything to say on the matter.
>>
>>36672000
She just looks like she's lost weight.
>>
>>36672000
TheRedPill is also sound and all.
>>
>>36672000
Well tongue position didn't make her lose 10 lbs
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>36672055
Hence me questioning the validity. Mouthbreathing obviously does impact children who's face's are still growing, but can tongue posture really correct it in later stages of life??
>>
>>36672000
You can find people who've tried it and it's worked, look on claimingpower.

Also, I applied his method and fixed my malocclusion - I had a malocclusion before and now I don't.
>>
>tfw can't stop mouthbreathing in my sleep
>>
>>36672154
Claimingpower you require payment to view their forums and they seem to be the only site pushing this which again adds to my dubiousness of it
>>
>>36672000
I started doing this a couple of months ago
also started to grow a beard at that time, can't wait to shave and see dem jaw gains, masseter feels strong as fuck now

but I also noticed that I'll need a orthodontist
>>
Can someone give me a summary so I dont have to view the whole thing?
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 265x190
>>36672867
He basically states how that bad teeth is only a recent thing due to poor diet and an increase of mouthbreathing. Mouthbreathing can be attributed to looking like girl on the right with week jaw, long face, an overbite, and crooked teeth.
Keep your lips sealed and your tongue pressed against the roof of your mouth to avoid this.
>>
>>36672000
Dude, take a second look at that chanel. It's a fucking MRA hive
>>
>>36672000
>watched most of this video
>doesn't seem to say anything
>>
>>36672000
it looks like it's all broscience
>>
>>36672988
>Keep your lips sealed and your tongue pressed against the roof of your mouth to avoid this.

that's it? been doing it for like a year already(tongue placement is the saem as when you same the N word loud), I think I used to mouthbreath but I would only have like a tiny hole in my mouth opened
sometimes I wake up with mouth open others not
I have a r eally great jaw, square-ish but if I take it profile view it looks like I got nothing and Im just fat, other times It looks fine but if I just change the angle a bit it looks very nice 100% time.

I have a deviated septum so this shit fucks me up sometimes when my nose gets clogged
>>
>>36673454
do you really believe in this shit?
>>
>>36673518
in what, the video?
I doubt it does shit at all, how can you go from mouthbreathing retard to a strong jaw without surgery, especially as an adult.

It's good to do though, mouthbreathing is bad for your health and has bad consequences like the pics in the thread.
>>
>>36673454
You have to have your entire tongue pressed against the roof of your mouth not just the front end. Having the back part of your tongue firmly pressed against the roof of your mouth is apparently what gives you nice defined cheekbones. Supposedly swallowing pattern also affects whether or not you have hallow cheeks
>>
>>36673747
what are the consequences? a change in jaw shape? this is the exact horseshit im talking about.
>>
>>36673796
Facial structure can still change in adulthood as explained in the video, you can see this with stroke patients or with stephen hawking whose faces shape change drastically with different muscular stresses internally on the mouth
>>
>>36673753
what? i remember watching this video and others and it doesnt say shit about that, also it's impossible since its not natural.

>>36673796
I dont know, but if youre a kid it will change and it probs can happen when youre older, dont y ou see a lot of people with hanging skin from their necks
>>
>>36673747
>how can you go from mouthbreathing retard to a strong jaw without surgery, especially as an adult.
Undoing vertical growth is not what the technique is for, it's to lift the maxilla up and forward - and it fixed my malocclusion.
>>
>>36673838
you really think voluntarily shoving your jaw shut, as explained in the broscience video, is going to give you a more defined jaw?

i think you stupid people believe this horseshit, which is what it is, because you want it to be true - you want to think that you have the power to change your face.
>>
>>36673941
I'm not expecting massive changes to my jaw, but if people can increase the length of their shin bones by having them stretch, why would I be able to have broader cheek bones stretching my upper jaw with the pressure from my tongue?
>>
>>36674043
because you don't have a fuckload of bolts and screws in your jaw. a better analogy is braces in your mouth to fix your shit genetics.
>>
File: jaw.png (1 MB, 1416x722) Image search: [Google]
jaw.png
1 MB, 1416x722
>>36673941
I wonder who I should believe, the experienced orthodontist who isn't even trying to sell anything, or the stupid anon whose only argument is "horseshit" and "broscience"

I've been doing as the doctor suggested for over a year and my jawline is better than ever even though I'm 17%+ body fat, pic related.
>>
>>36674062
The theory is of tongue pressed against the roof of the mouth is exactly the same as having a maxilla widening brace on though? both are applying pressure to widen it
>>
>>36674106
from the looks of your boybeard you're like 15, your puberty is giving you a real jaw (sort of).

shitty jaws are not a result of mouthbreathing, mouthbreathing is a result of shitty jaws. you are putting the cart before the horse.
>>
>>36674185
I'm 26, I just can't grow a proper beard and haven't shaved today. Puberty has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>36674137
braces use steel. tongues use human tissue

braces are 24/7/365. tongues are whenever you remember to do it.

sorry bro. it's not exactly the same. it's not even remotely the same.
>>
>>36673753
>Supposedly swallowing pattern also affects whether or not you have hollow cheeks

That's true. The buccinator muscle gets hypertrophied as it is used when you suckle in saliva instead of using your tongue to swallow, causing a moon-face.

Swallowing and tongue posture is 100% true.
>>
>>36674200
whatever helps you sleep at night. you still have a receded jawline. keep tonguepunching yourself for better jaw gains though!
>>
>>36672000
Never heard of this or watched the videos etc...

But did come up with things myself. My jaw looks great from the front. Good high cheeks bones etc. Wide looking jaw. Good angles.

But from the side I have a weak jaw due to overbite.

I realized I couldn't just force my lower jaw in line, because the teeth just wouldn't fit together at all. It wouldn't make sense to do that.

I started eating lots of biltong every day. Lots of it. Lots of tough chewing. Althoughout the day while on cycle.

Now my jaw looks much better from the side. The overbite is still noticable if you are looking for it. But the jaw line looks good due to low bf and strengthened jaw muscles..

That happened over the past 2-3 years. Now I am adding punching myself in the chin and jaw from all different angles. Hard enoough to create impact. Not so hard that my head starts to hurt too much from the jolting.

I do this post workout, just before my post workout shake due to the high amount of calcium in the shakes.

Hopefully this adds bone thickness to my jaw, to match the muscularity at the sides.
>>
>>36674236
>Now I am adding punching myself in the chin and jaw from all different angles.

this sums up /fit/ pretty well

you have a mental disease, dude.
>>
File: jawside.png (644 KB, 671x804) Image search: [Google]
jawside.png
644 KB, 671x804
>>36674234
I don't have a receded jawline you fool.
>>
>>36674336
Not that other guy. I'm digging the jaw, man. It almost looks like a comic jawline. If you were 2 shades whiter and blonde, I might mistake that profile for Captain America.
>>
File: toomuchgood.jpg (96 KB, 508x720) Image search: [Google]
toomuchgood.jpg
96 KB, 508x720
>>36674384
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I'm going to assume it's not for the sake of my own fragile ego. Thanks breh.
>>
http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=S0034-72992007000400008&script=sci_arttext&tlng=en
>>
I've got no clue if it'll help me develope a better jaw and a more beautiful chin. But I do know that it has helped me breathe through my nose. When my tongue was in the wrong posture it was a lot more difficult to breathe with my mouth. Now, it's natural and fresh, I never open my mouth when I sleep now either. Thank god for Mike Mew
>>
File: curiosity.jpg (86 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
curiosity.jpg
86 KB, 640x512
bump
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.