[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Working out as fast as possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: cowe.jpg (233 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
cowe.jpg
233 KB, 1536x1024
What is the consensus about finishing your workout as fast as possible considering the fact that you're not doing it with 0 rom.I only use bodyweight and ~10kg dumbbell and I still feel really tired after working out.Also I've read that explosive workouts like this release hgh for muscle building.
>>
>>36668549
Bump.I worded it badly...I meant in the sense that you rest as less as possible and do your workouts as hard as possible(not fast) and of course not fucking up your rom.
>>
>>36668549
Stop bumping your shit thread
>>
>>36668972
>
>>
>>36668549
Your shitty bodyweight and no weight "workout" is total garbage. If you ever start to actually lift you may understand that form is more important than speed. You are probably hopeless though.
>>
>>36668549
Read the fucking sticky.
>>
If you mean cutting rest times then that just depends on your goals. You will have better work capacity, meaning you can pretty much last longer and are prepared to do more workouts if your routine ever gets more advanced (so long as you're following some form of progression). But shortening rest times and/or speeding up tempo is not ideal for strength training as it doesn't give enough time for ATP synthesis as well as reducing focus and thus risk for bad form and injury, less CNS gains, MTU recruitment, etc. It's also not ideal for hypertrophy as you still need some rest between sets although there are routines out there that focus on you doing the sets very quickly (Quad has one in a /fit/ torrent, I think he called them myo reps or something).

If you like endurance then sure. Won't get much bigger though. You can still follow a hypertrophy routine and reduce rest times and that will also make for a shorter workout.

Just stick to a routine and don't bother with broscience. If you want science get some textbooks and manuals. They're out there.
>>
>>36669484
>that reading comprehension
I said two time already that I'm not reducing my form for speed.
>>
>>36668549

Knew a guy that did this shit. He had good endurance but he was constantly complaining about his back. Then he stopped and suddenly his back isn't fucked up every other day.
>>
>>36668549
>release hgh for muscle building.
maybe if you do it before you lift or something, you aren't gaining any muscle with bodyweight exercises though
>>
>>36669575

I thought the wisdom (even from Arnold and so on) was to rest between 30 secs and 1 min and 30 secs, definitely less than 3 minutes to maximize hypertrophy?
>>
>>36669671
> you aren't gaining any muscle with bodyweight exercises

Complete BS, I started doing pushups and my chest exploded, also chinups
>>
>>36669691
those are just noob gains you would have gotten them doing anything they wont continue though
>>
>>36669657
The way I do it is not really for endurance because Im completely wrecked after finishing workout.
>>
>>36669703

As long as you can achieve progressive overload, it doesn't matter how you do it.

Weights, bodyweight or jerking off a bigger dick every week.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.