[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yohimbine general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 7
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3653227
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2076728

>The drug was rapidly absorbed (absorption half-time 0.17 +/- 0.11 h) and rapidly eliminated from the plasma (elimination half-life 0.60 +/- 0.26 h).

>The drug was rapidly eliminated (t1/2 beta 0.58 h orally and t1/2 beta 0.68 h intravenously)

>with a very rapid distribution phase (t1/2a was approximately 6 min)

Can someone smarter than me come to a conclusion?

Is Lyle McDonald wrong in advocating in saying to wait 60 minutes after ingesting yohimbine to do cardio?
>>
>>36668356
Looks like it. From those numbers it seems 15 minutes before would be more advisable. Though I haven't read his reasoning for the one hour mark.
>>
>>36668424
I posted this on his forum once and got banned within 15 minutes.

Might it be because he advocated using pills and that the pills need some time to be broken up in the stomach?
>>
>>36668454
probably something like that.

food in the stomach and other variables will also slow absorption times

60mins is probably just a very conservative time-window.
>>
>>36669082
Think I'm gonna stick to 15-20 minutes because I take it clean without any pills.
>>
File: 620px-Morphiceptin.svg.png (21 KB, 620x453) Image search: [Google]
620px-Morphiceptin.svg.png
21 KB, 620x453
>>36668454
Correct, encapsulated products and tablets take 20-30mins to breakdown, after which the active ingredient, in this case Yohimbine hydrochloride, an alkaloid is released into the stomach followed by ADME (Absorption, Distribution etc)
Chem fag here, if you have any questions on Yohimbine, or other alkaloids or compounds then please post away.
>>36669091
It still has to reach peak levels in your plasma, this is the optimum amount of drug conc reached.
Unless your IV'ing or IM'ing
>>
>>36669202
>It still has to reach peak levels in your plasma, this is the optimum amount of drug conc reached.

So, 25-30 mins?
>>
>>36669298
if it's straight up yohimbine hcl powder non capped then: 'Absorption is complete and peak plasma levels occur at 45 to
60 minutes after 10 mg orally (Owen et al,1987; Guthrie et al., 1990).'
meaning that the highest conc of drug in your blood will be a the 45 min or 60 min mark, the onset of effects is reached in the first 15 mins after you eat it.
it'll hit you quicker than this if you eat it on an empty stomach, the peak will also reach quicker.
What dose do you take?
>>
>meaning that the highest conc of drug in your blood will be a the 45 min or 60 min mark, with onset of effects after 15 minutes

Ok, so 35-40 minutes then.
>it'll hit you quicker than this if you eat it on an empty stomach, the peak will also reach quicker.

But shouldn't you always take Yohimbine HCL on an empty stomach?

>What dose do you take?

Not quite sure on the exact mg. I use a 1-3mg spoon, and take 6 scoops of it. I started on 1 scoop, and worked my way up to 6. After 6 scoops I tend to get nauseous, twitchy and light-headed.
>>
File: UknMgkU.png (308 KB, 923x851) Image search: [Google]
UknMgkU.png
308 KB, 923x851
>>36669202
>Chem fag here, if you have any questions on Yohimbine, or other alkaloids or compounds then please post away.

Not OP but I have some questions regarding EC stack.
Planning on taking EC for my coming cut, using pic related as dosage. I have a party planned during this time, during which I intend to use coke, or maybe amphetamine.
Mixing coke (or other uppers) and ephedrine doesn't seem like a very good idea, so I was thinking just skipping 1 day when I use another substance. What are your thoughts on this?
>>
>>36669497
Definitely skip if you plan on using any kind of other stimulants. While you might live you also might risk stroke or heart attack when blood pressure goes too high
>>
How fast can you lower your glucose levels after eating proteins / fat only? I despise not eating after waking up
>>
>>36669561
Yeah I was planning on skipping. Should I also skip the caffeine?
What about the day before and after. Does my blood pressure stay high because I have used it for several days/weeks or will it only be high while the effects of the stack last?

What about alcohol? Of course combining alcohol with any kind of uppers isn't very healthy but coke+alcohol and speed+alcohol are very common combo's. What about EC stack and alcohol?
>>
>>36669674
Ephedrine is more sympathomimetic and less centrally active than speed and even more so than coke since Cocaine literally rapes receptor sites to a high degree. Ephedrine has a fairly moderate half life don't do any stims like a week before, ephedrine will also give you an amphetamine tolerance. Christ, that EC stack guide you posted is giving me chest pains just looking at it.
>>
>>36669899
>Ephedrine has a fairly moderate half life don't do any stims like a week before

Do you mean I should quit the stack a week before taking any other stims or quit it after I have used stims?

>Christ, that EC stack guide you posted is giving me chest pains just looking at it.

I see a lot of people recommending this dosage. What would you recommend?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
>>
I'm on a low calorie cut while using yohimbine and I was wondering if it's a bad idea to take bcaa or hmb before my cardio spare as much muscle as possible?
>>
>>36669202
Science is fake. There is only God.
>>
Does anyone else feel yohimbine's effects all day? I'll take it at around 11am and then have trouble going to sleep. I actually take it after my workout because it makes me feel like shit when I'm trying to go heavy.
>>
>>36669899
Whats a better dose schedule?
>>
Around how long do you wait to eat before/after taking?
>>
>>36671342
You want to be completely fasted and want to wait 4 hours after taking it before eating
>>
>>36671414
Thanks
>>
I have beckers muscular dystrophy, is it safe to take Yohimbine?
>>
>>36671414
>>36671592

I take it 4 hours after last meal and eat 3 hours after ingesting. Been working immaculate so far.
>>
>>36669202
What would happen if I put the powder itself in a glass of water, would it be better?
>>
>>36672279
that's what I do.. I empty of the caps into water and drink.. doing it after waking up with black coffee..

sometimes I'll add a teaspoon of ground black pepper to the coffee it may potentiate the caffeine and the Yoh.
>>
>>36672417
Why black pepper?
>>
Is there a good Yohimbine guide?

I used to take it in the morning but it makes me a bit jittery and weird feeling (hurts my jaw) almost like I've taken some molly except if I'm not at a vegas pool party and I'm at work it's kinda weird.

>Is it useless to take it on days I'm eating surplus? I generally eat surplus on lifting days and -500 cal on rest days.

>is it useless to take without doing cardio?

>What is the best dose? I generally take 7.5 or 10mg at a time.

>does it really re-distribute fat or is that a myth?
>>
File: 1375696663403.png (431 KB, 1256x4232) Image search: [Google]
1375696663403.png
431 KB, 1256x4232
>>36672481
>>
>>36672481
>Is it useless to take it on days I'm eating surplus? I generally eat surplus on lifting days and -500 cal on rest days.

Yes, it will make you ever more fat.

>is it useless to take without doing cardio?

Yes, the sole purpose of taking Yohimbine is to free up stubborn fat to be burned.

>does it really re-distribute fat or is that a myth?

It doesn't re-distribute fat, it makes it so that stubborn fat gets oxidized just as easily as "Normal" fat.
>>
>>36672428
>black pepper

It inhibits enzymes.. I don't know if either caffeine or yohimbine hcl are targets of the enzymes piperine inhibits but if they are then it just allows them to persist in their activity longer.. how much longer I wouldn't know.. but it may help get more out of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piperine

The full mechanism of piperine's bioavailability-enhancing abilities is unknown.[13] But it has been found to inhibit human CYP3A4 and P-glycoprotein, enzymes important for the metabolism and transport of xenobiotics and metabolites.[14][15] In animal studies, piperine also inhibited other CYP 450 enzymes important for drug metabolism.[16][17]
>>
>>36672797
Wait. Let's assume piperine does help increase yohimbine half life. Then you'd have to increase fasting time after yohimbine consumption as to not enhance the postprandial insuline spking. Right?
>>
>>36672850
are you thinking that you;re going to start killing your gains from catabolism if you put off re-feeding for too long while you let YHCL work?

If so I guess I;d probably think of it this way.. go ahead and re-feed when you think you need it to preserve muscle and just figure you'll want to use the YHCL over a longer period to get rid of whatever fat you're targeting.

just a matter of finding balance.
>>
>>36672912
It's more about going hungry. 3 hours after exercise is enough as it is.
>>
>>36673079
well for that you just need to build and exert your self control.. a little discomfort will pass soon enough or you can drink water to fill your stomach ..
>>
Does anybody know if gum creates an insulin response? I know it depends on the sweetener used but I figured I'd ask here
>>
>>36673163
get a sugar free gum and don;t swallow it..

you grind your teeth on this stuff?
>>
>>36668356

I started using yohimbine the other day.

Am I correct in saying that it doesnt burn fat itself but it changes where your fat is burnt? (assuming you are in a deficit)

Also have any of y'all actually seen changes using this? I have lost about 15 pounds so far and am pretty close to the end of my cut.

I just have a little fat in my lower belly and under my chin I want to get rid of. Which explains why i'm using this now.
>>
>>36673259

read

>>36672571
>>
>>36673259
>Also have any of y'all actually seen changes using this

Might only be me, but after 2 days of using it I could feel my t-shirts getting looser around my chest, thought it was placebo at first, but my t-shirts kept getting looser and looser, it felt quite unreal.
>>
>>36673222
You mean Yohimbine? No, it usually comes in pill form. I'm asking about normal chewing gum. If you consume something that brings about an insulin response it blunts the effects
>>
>>36673259
I have felt fat loss from around my waist using it I;ve gone through 180 2.5 mg caps but some were taken in graduating doses to acclimate and I also took a few just for the stimulant effect which I enjoy.

I have a third 90 cap bottle being delivered today.

Just stick to the stated routine. fasted cardio .2mg/kg body weight for optimal results re-feed with protein and fat first after four hours figuring one hour for max absorption, 36 minute half-life-of-elimination, an hour of cardio then another two hours of ongoing body fat lipolysis using up the freed up fatty acids.

re-feeding too son will just halt the use of any freed up fats the a 20mg dose will be eliminated completely in three hours. as it is halved every 36 minutes after peak absorption 10mg, 5mg,2.5mg,1.25mg but the fat's freed up are still circulating and need to be utilized as fuel or they'll be redeposited
>>
>>36673289

Good stuff thanks.

That guy knows his shit. Is he still around?
>>
>>36673402
yah anything that stimulates insulin needs to be avoided when using YHCL.. just chewing gum isn't going to do that as long as its free from any sugar.. not sure if artificial sweeteners trigger insulin ..

I'd tend to doubt it as they just act of taste receptors and lack glucose molecules
>>
File: 91goZmq7ixL._SL1500_.jpg (270 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
91goZmq7ixL._SL1500_.jpg
270 KB, 1500x1500
>>36673423
forgot pic
>>
>>36673402
No you stupid cunt. He said to get sugar free gum and asked you if you were unconsciously grinding your teeth while under the effects of yohimbine.
>>
>>36673423
>re-feed with protein and fat first after four hours figuring one hour for max absorption, 36 minute half-life-of-elimination, an hour of cardio then another two hours of ongoing body fat lipolysis using up the freed up fatty acids.

Could you re-write that with commas etc? I'm having a hard time summarizing what you're trying to write. No disrespect. I'm not a native English speaker.
>>
>>36673455
>not sure if artificial sweeteners trigger insulin .

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3046854
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2887500

According to research it doesn't.
>>
So I've heard you need to do cardio after taking this so it works properly...

I took it today and what I did was walked at 3.5 mph for 10 minutes then worked out (ICF). I was sweating a lot if that matters. Is that good enough? Or is actual cardio really important instead of just a brief walk + lifting weights?
>>
>>36673477

sorry for the stream of consciousness style.

Re-feed with protein and fat first after four hours.

Figuring one hour for max absorption then a 36 minute half-life-of-elimination.

An hour or more of cardio then another two hours of ongoing body fat lipolysis using up the freed up fatty acids.

You must of course observe a calorie steady or deficit to lose fat . This is not a magic bullet.. it just frees up stored fat to be burned..

You need to have your diet in order and get plenty of Sunshine in the AM
>>
>>36673539
I read light to moderate cardio because lifting weights can trigger glycogen release and the insulin response.. Is this true?

I have just been putting on one of these and dancing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa5mR4E_rM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ijprVSIx9w

any moderate activity will create a demand for fuel and the free fatty acids will be utilized
>>
>>36673572
So - eat 4 hours after ingesting?

Is there a study says how long it remains in your system? Seeing 2,3,4 hours everywhere.
>>
>>36673504
Artificial sweeteners which act as analogs have other drawbacks like overstimulating neurons.. they deliver no fuel but stimulate activity and thus can lead to excito-toxic neuron death or so I read.

http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v62/n4/full/1602866a.html

Stevia may be ok
>>
File: alb_yoh_tldr.png (61 KB, 1310x567) Image search: [Google]
alb_yoh_tldr.png
61 KB, 1310x567
>>36668356
>>
>>36673801
>Alb says keep away from food for 2-3 hours after ingesting
>People in this thread says 4 hours

w-which is it.
>>
>>36673504
>>36673455

From what I've been able to piece together, artificial sweeteners do affect insulin levels but their impact is only 20% that of fructose.

Fructose doesn't actually release insulin, what it does is trigger sweet taste receptors on the tongue which signal the beta cells in the pancreas to overproduce insulin. Generally fructose is accompanied with glucose, so when the glucose connects to the beta cells there's a greater release of insulin compared to if you just consumed glucose alone.

Even though NNS trigger the increase in insulin production, because they aren't coupled to glucose like fructose is there's nothing to actually trigger the insulin release. So sugar free gum should be safe on yohimbine.

>>36673752

I've also seen some recent research which shows that over-consumption of NNS (12+ packets a week) wrecks your gut bacteria.
>>
>>36674021
My bad, my head was fixed on aspartame, and not artificial sweeteners in general.
>>
>>36670107
I remember reading something about bcaas raising insulin response to something unfavorable for yohimbine
>>
>>36673902
I waited 3 hours and it worked fine for me.

The cycle of 20mg with the 40 mins of cardio right in the morning wasn't for me, I just took 5mg in the morning with my other supps then lifted, and it still worked pretty well.
>>
>>36673665
its half life of elimination is 36 minutes.. every 36 minutes the dose is halved.. then the activity on the alpha receptors is done and the remaining fat cells resume being blocked .

the fat freed while the YHCL was active however will still be in your bloodstream and so that is why you want to hold off re-feeding after wards for long enough that it all gets used as fuel so eating just makes that less likely..
>>
What about DNP and Yohimbine? I'd be happy if someone can shed some insight on the matter. I'm currently on DNP and just got my Yohimbine in the mail.
>>
>>36674253
The 36 minute half-life starts immediately after consumption yes? And not after peak concentration
>>
>>36674321
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-seeking-perfect-beach-body-7101578
>>
>>36674363
Maybe he should take 2g next time.

>>36674321
It should be fine, but I wouldn't risk it, the DNP itself is enough. Getting yohimbine side-effects whilst on DNP would be hell on earth.
>>
>>36674338
Good question.. I would research this more if it takes an hour to reach peak absorption but its elimination begins in five minutes as you start absorption elimination begins soon after absorption which may be why you need to effective dose at .2mg/kg so you get enough YHCL to the receptors

This is why I take some black pepper for the Pierine enzymatic blocking to slow doen the elimination.

I have not looked into the effective dose of piperine but learned about it when taking curcumin and Turmeric where a teaspoon of Black pepper was claimed to deliver enough Piperine to increase curcumin activity

http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB01392

https://examine.com/supplements/yohimbine/
>>
>>36674363
Couldn't agree more, taking eight diet pills is the same as injecting seven marijuanas, it's a no-no.

>>36674404
What are the sides like, other than the elevated heart beat?
>>
>>36674404
>yohimbine side-effects whilst on DNP would be hell on earth.

if you're a pussy.

Yoh+DNP+Clen = dreamstack 4 nofat
>>
>>36674464
cooked his muscules from the inside.. sounds like fun!
>>
>>36674464
Depends how much you take, if I take just enough I won't get any sides, but if I take too much I get Cold sweats, shaking,light-headed, nausea and some dizziness
>>
>>36674459
according to this Piperine does inhibit the enzyme which targets YHCL.. not enough of a Chemfag to dig into the active concentrations and durations

http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB01392#enzymes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYP3A4
>>
>>36674476
Who doesn't like some tender slow roasted meat?

>>36674496
Thanks for the info, is there a crash afterwards, like other stims?
>>
>>36674536
Not for me at least.
>>
Is this yohimbine safe/worth it to take casually? I'm prob 12-14 percent BF and wouldn't mind cutting a little while dialing back my cals slightly...I would be more interested in the sexual benefits, anyone have experience with those?
>>
>>36674496
have you noticed something like being super clear headed, focused l as if your body has just been super lubed.

I found my dance moves were unusually fast and accurate on YHCL felt like my joints were well oiled and my head ultra clear... everything I wanted to do I did with exact precision and accuracy with zero sense of hesitation or doubt.. ..
>>
>>36674556
Nah, my hands usually shake like crazy after I'm done exercising and taken a shower. Mentally I feel indifferent.
>>
>>36674363
"Before I was a bit reclusive and everything annoyed me, and I didn't want to do anything."

Sounds like /fit/ lol.
>>
>>36674459
Wish I was handy with excel, then I could make a half-life spreadsheet.
>>
I asked earlier if YHCL is bad on a surplus but what about if you do fasted cardio in the morning then workout later in the day? Is it useless if you are not eating on a deficit no matter what?

And how many days a week do you need to take it to be effective? I'm doing a recomp diet so I eat at deficit 3 days a week and surplus 4.

Will it help me lose the belly fat if I take it on my cut days?

Thanks everyone that's been posting useful info.
>>
>>36676673
Do it on the deficit days.

it raises Blood Pressure so better not to over do it
>>
>>36676734
yeah I took it once or twice before playing dodgeball and felt like an oven. Is the main benefit of YHCL burning extra calories or getting the fat deposits out? I have pretty good cutting discipline so I hope its the fat because it won't go away on my lower stomach feels bad man
>>
Anyone got anything on an ECY stack?
>>
>>36676847
its freeing the fat... the stored fats are normally blocked from access but the YHCl inhibits the blocker which allows them to be used for fuel.. ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yohimbine
>>
>>36677293
cool thx

anyone know a good place to get the powder? I've been taking the primaforce pills and they're pretty cheap but I tried the web page in that guide and it looks like they don't sell the powder anymore (or I can't find it)
>>
>>36677453
http://www.amazon.com/Yohimbine-HCl-Servings-Supplement-Powdered/dp/B0083YNWOG/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1459991100&sr=8-1&keywords=liftmode+yohimbine+hcl
>>
Thanks to yohimbine i upgraded to dnp lost 5lbs in 3 days
>>
My mother has heart problems, and my dad high blood pressure. Though, both could have been due to their weight. What kind of measurements should I be worried about taking medically to make sure I dont croak out?
>>
>>36677675
thx m8. I found this also for only $20

http://www.powdercity.com/products/yohimbine-hcl-powder

didn't see if theres any shipping though. is this stuff pretty much the same whatever brand?
>>
File: 1456534716027.png (548 KB, 1204x458) Image search: [Google]
1456534716027.png
548 KB, 1204x458
>>36677758
no idea

as I have no way to actually test anything and you'll probably find resellers unwilling to name their suppliers you basically have to assume you're getting the real stuff from whomever claims its Yohimbine HCL..

I've been using BRI capsules because I don't trust myself measuring accurately and the risks from do much seem a bit scary so I take these, dump eight caps into some water and drink
>>
>>36677707
blood pressure?
>>
>>36678032

Is that really all though? O2 stats, heart rate, body temperature? I already have a high body temp.
>>
>>36678181
its not like DNP where you can cook your muscles... if makes me sweat and feel cold but I am in the North east US and do my cardio shirtless with no heat on but I do feel I am expending body heat. on it.. talk to a Dr if you think you have some concerns..

remember this stuff is banned or prescription only in many other countries

I myself probably shouldn't use it being over 50 and experiencing left side chest pains for several years now.. I however don't really care..
>>
>>36678252
Dad????
>>
>>36678252

My family has all kinds of medical testing equipment I can do to check my vitals, thats why I was asking to make sure I know what I should be checking for.
>>
>>36678303
I am not a physician. I just play one on the internet.

As far as I know BP is the only concern but that impacts in many ways.. cardiovascualr damage/stroke/ kidney damage, other organ damage.. if your BP is normal and healthy now I would see little reason taking this a few times a week for a few months while shedding fat is problematic.

I take a few BP lowering supps afterward like Potassium citrate, magnesium glycinate and Taurine.

don't over do it and if you have reason to feel you could have underlying health issues aside from being blubbery go consult with your MD
>>
>>36678260
Agamemnon?
>>
>>36669497
EC stacks aren't that bad. I would say I am very intolerant to caffine but I can handle quite a bit of it.
If you take pwo or some BCAA's, boom, you're taking at least 200mg of caffine. It'll be out of your system in about 8 hours as well.
I dose mine in the morning with BCAA's w/ 120 mg caffeine, 200mg pill of caffine, and 30g ephedrine, then pre work out I take another pill and 30g ephedrine.
I'm allergic to aspirin so I stay away from it and I don't want to take tylonal because I dont want my liver fucked.

You'll be fine. Like I said, if you drink any sort of coffee or take PWO then you wont have any problems and no need for caffeine even.
400mg is about the daily average recommended for most people.
>>
>>36679445
caffeine pills*
>>
>>36669497
>>36679445
>>36679450
Also, I've been dosing 50mg of S4 on top of my EC stack.
>>
>>36676673
This is the first time I've found any mention of frequency, which I would have thought to be quite important. Under the impression that it was a daily thing, I was wondering if you could take this, do an hour of cardio and then lift, but if it only needs to be taken a couple times a week, I could just lift three days and do cardio three days or something?
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.