[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cigarettes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: cigs.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
cigs.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
Can anyone tell me how bad cigs influence your gains when you smoke after working out? I know that it's bad to smoke before since your blood doesn't flow as good while working out. Help please :)
>Inb4 cigs are always bad
>Inb4 not gonna make it
>>
It's actually good. The nicotine activates your protoflavonoids which are key to muscle mass development. Keep at it OP
>>
Less oxygen in your body makes less oxygen to your muscles makes less recovery makes less growth
>>
>>36659688
thanks <3
>>
>>36659655
Why even smoke? You don't gain anything from it.
>>
>>36660084
I have no self control and i'm addicted
>>
>>36660084
You get;

A nice buzz
Girls like it since it makes you look like a bad boy
Huge tobacco companies like you
Its socially acceptable
Its a lot better than smoking other, harder drugs
Its pretty cheap next to heroin or cocaine
Gets me to go outside for 15 minutes
Good excuse in general
>>
>>36660101
i do it cuz boredom
>>
>>36659655

I've smoked before and after my work-outs. I have an outdoor home-gym, I occasionally smoke between heavy sets of squats. There's definitely pro's and con's.

>Don't chain smoke - allow at least 45 minutes between cigarettes to allow yourself to comedown from the nicotine high
>Fix your breathing - most people breathe shallow breaths, inflating only their upper/middle chest. Learn to breath deep into the belly and fully expand the lungs. This helps increase your lung capacity as the cigarettes lower it, and allows your lungs to recover faster from the affects of cigarettes
>Take a three day break every 3 or so weeks. This allows your lungs to clean out tar buildup
>Keep up the cardio

This alleviates most of the cons concerning your physical health. Tobacco itself is an incredible plant with numerous medicinal terpenes.

>nicotine increases focus and spatial awareness
>nornicotine prevents alzheimers and parkinsons
>on average, tobacco smokers have 15% more free testosterone than non-smokers
>>
File: 1441536875700.jpg (29 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
1441536875700.jpg
29 KB, 720x537
>>36659655
smoking of any sort will hurt your o2 gains. it's simply bad for the lungs.

>inb4 cannabis faggots claim otherwise

Smoking shouldn't effect gains, past reduced aerobic atp production in the muscles, meaning less energy to contract muscles and more lactic acid production (a result of anaerobic atp production).

Knowing this I still am not opposed to a black and mild when I'm drunk.
>>
File: 1330487675815.jpg (32 KB, 238x348) Image search: [Google]
1330487675815.jpg
32 KB, 238x348
you people are fucking idiots.
You're not /fit/ if you poison yourself.
Stop smoking, kiddos. Get strong faggots
>>
>>36659655
>an anyone tell me how bad cigs influence your gains when you smoke after working out? I know that it's bad to smoke before since your blood doesn't flow as good while working out. Help please :)
they're bad for you fucking period. disgusting fucking habit.
>>
File: 1443127760219.jpg (23 KB, 318x307) Image search: [Google]
1443127760219.jpg
23 KB, 318x307
HURR DURR ITS OKAY EVERY NOW AND THEN

Stop kidding yourselves, you are just as bad as the fatties. go smoke your rat killers or get fit pick one.
>>
>>36660307
Agree, it's funny to see people ask such stupid questions when they already know the answer.
they just want other smokers to provide them with some kind of cathartic thoughts that are utter bullshit.
>>
>>36660307
>>36660309
>>36660331
I don't even smoke and never would and I always get a laugh out of the anti smoker brigade. I hope you have to share a bus stop with a thoughtless smoker for the rest of your lives.
>>
File: weaklingdisease.jpg (109 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
weaklingdisease.jpg
109 KB, 640x480
>>
File: cucklung.jpg (61 KB, 629x350) Image search: [Google]
cucklung.jpg
61 KB, 629x350
>>
>>36660358
Damn..
>>
>>36660358
Lung cancer or what ?
>>
>>36660125
>girls like it
>socially acceptable

Maybe in a fucking trailer park
>>
>>36660216
>on average, tobacco smokers have 15% more free testosterone than non-smokers

source on this? Surely it would be kind of hard to research such a hypothesis, how would you adjust for other variables?
>>
>>36660353
i dont care about people who smoke. Its their life not mine. OP is just dumb for asking this question. Smoking is bad in general, i have nothing against smokers.
>>
>>36660368
Pictures like this are on every pack of cigarettes in Canada, it's not not like it's shocking to them anymore. There's also a picture of a needle going into an eye, a fucked up heart, a dude who had a stroke, some bitch whose like a week from dying from cancer, etc.
>>
>>36660125
>girls like it since it makes you look like a bad boy
are you in high school?
>its [sic] socially acceptable
so is not smoking. nobody cares.
>gets me to go outside for 15 minutes
do you even know on which fucking board you are? jesus.
>good excuse in general
for what? terrible health and elevated risk of terminal cancer?

Just don't be a pussy and not smoke.
>>
>>36660125
>Girls like it since it makes you look like a bad boy
>these are the people you post with on /fit/
>>
>>36660466
Smoking cigarettes was singlehandedly the best way to get a girl alone to talk with her after highschool. When I quit it became 1000x harder to get a foot in the door.
>>
>>36660358
I want to touch this
>>
I quit around 10 weeks ago and there is a noticeable difference to fitness in general, especially when I go running.

If you wanna smoke, smoke. If you wanna quit, quit. I tried quitting several times but always failed because I was doing it for others and not myself. After many failed attempts one day I finished a pack and just never smoked since.

Your !ungs will definitely thank you for quitting as they won't feel on fire anymore, but overall not much else in terms of gains and whatnot.
>>
>>36660125
1. The buzz lasts for 5 min and then it's gone.
2. It's fucking expensive.
3. You smell like shit.
4 Heroin is actually less taxing on the body (unless OD) than tobacco.
5. People pay thousands of dollars to be cured from cancer, while you are paying to get it.
6. Messes with teeth, your gains and your reproductive system.

I smoked for 2 weeks while going out partying but with every cigarette I did I felt bad damaging my body. After that I grew up :))
>>
>>36660504
Story of my life
>>
Fucking scum you dare to post about smoking on /fit/. Its not fukcing ok it will never be.Not even alcohol is allowed if you are trying to be /fit/.Go fucking die you savage if you can't even control your addictions.
>>
File: 1452501742863.jpg (114 KB, 600x898) Image search: [Google]
1452501742863.jpg
114 KB, 600x898
>>36659655
smoking i so fucking bad that even vegans and meateaters share the same opinion
>>
>>36659655
>Inb4 cigs are always bad
>Inb4 not gonna make it
But those things are true anon. Please quit smoking, for your own sake.
>>
>>36660709
>Implying addictions aren't one of the few things that makes life bearable
>>
Hey guys, I wanted to ask this question for a long time:
How bad is smoking a cig a day?
I have these phases where I smoke a cig a day for a month, and then I don't touch them for 3-4 months
I do cardio often
>>
>>36660414

http://www.hormones.gr/8449/article/cigarette-smoking-has-a-positive-and%E2%80%A6.html

tl;dr
>On average all smokers have higher bioavailable testosterone and occasionally higher SHBG than non-smokers
>Smokers who smoke fewer packs per day have higher testosterone and shbg levels than those who smoke more packs per day
>Smokers who have smoked for less time have higher test levels than smokers who have smoked for periods of years/decades
>>
File: 1455909882861.jpg (47 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1455909882861.jpg
47 KB, 320x240
>>36660307
>>36660309
>>36660331
>everything is binary
>muh straight-shootin, no bullshit philosophy
>>
>>36660399
not him but I live in Kentucky, pretty much everyone smokes here at least on occasion

>inb4 Kentucky is just one big trailer park
>>
>>36659655

If you smoke only 2 or 3 a day its fine.. Might slightly hurt your cardio...

Will not significantly affect your gains...
Alcohol however is horrible for gains as it negatively influences protein sinthesis and lowers testosterone
>>
>>36660849
Well, it is.
>>
>>36660857
>Alcohol however is horrible for gains as it negatively influences protein sinthesis and lowers testosterone
Which is a fucking shame because there's no way I'm not drinking on weekends.
Luckily I've gotten to the point where I just drink a bottle of vodka straight which seems to have the least impact on my body.
>>
>>36660813
enjoy caner bro, no one gives a shit if you smoke.
>>
>>36661090
cancer
>>
Honestly the worst part about smoking is the smoker breath
This shit is fucking nasty im currently dating a grill that i get along with really well but those fucking cigs man
>>
>>36661401

T O N G U E S C R A P E R
>>
>>36660084
You get to look cool though
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.