[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does the calorie count in canned beans or legumes in general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
why does the calorie count in canned beans or legumes in general vary in nutrional value from brand to brand? if I buy store brand canned kidney beans I get 7g protein pr 100g with 96 calories. If I buy organic kidney beans from another brand it's 7,5g of protein and 152 calories pr 100g. And some other german brand kindey beans are like 8,5g pr 100g...I don't trust those.

Also when tracking the macros for canned beans do I measure drained weight or total weight and multiply with amount of calories? so if total weight the beans are 400g then i'd multiply 96 calories with 4 or if drained weight then it's 240g and i'd multiply 96 with 2,4. Which one is it?
>>
The "sauce."
>>
>>36658821
I literally do not know what youre saying or asking but ill post.

Stick with black beans and rinse the black paste off when you open them. I used to eat bush bakes beans but that sauce will kind overwhelm your meal cause that shit is every where.
>>
>>36658882
I don't use the sauce mein negro I rinse the beans always
>>
>>36659154
lmao is my english that shitty? tfw got high grades in english, but we all suck so it's not a big accomplishment
>>
>>36659188
Dont worry its not something you want to improve its a shit language.

>tfw I'll never learn german, bleach my hair and fly to Germany to purge the refugees and spread shitty genes.
>>
>>36658821
Because it is ultimately humans doing the measurements with human designed instruments, there will always be differences.
>>
>>36659337
then what do I do man should I just stick to one brand then?
>>
>>36658821
>He thinks the nutritional informaion on the label is exact
Oh boy.

It's a natural product, OP. You think every apple you pick from a tree has exactly the same nutrients? Really? Like, really really?
>>
>>36659162
Then the calorie count on the label won't be accurate anyway
>>
>>36659518
no nigga because not every apple weighs the same, but if they do happen to weight the same then yeah i'd assume they have exactly the same nutrients
>>
>>36659612
Haha, oh wow.

I dunno what to tell you bro. Reality is very different from what you think it is.
>>
>>36659454
Yeah, believe the sticker or take several cans and find the average
>>
>>36659624
i'd hope so cause my reality sucks
>>
>>36659518

I think they take averages, with a statistically significant amount of beans. Mixing them, if they come from all over the world. Of course the value per can of beans would be off, but the chances of large deviations are very small anyway. And if you eat a lot of them, you will be close to the average anyway.

T. more brain than muscle
>>
>>36659612
>>36658821
lmao OP

do you even know why a certain type of food contains a certain nurtient? Like do you even know why fatty fish contain omega 3s for example? because they eat algae which make omega 3s and if they didnt eat those algae and ate something else instead they wouldnt contain omega 3

if you understand what I wrote here then you'll also understand the answer to your question
>>
>>36659863
i understand you're saying there are different variables that come into play so nothing is completely accurate...and I don't eat fish mein bruder I eat algae for omega3s
>>
>>36659612
are u fucking retarded son
>>
>>36659926
good then you finally have learned

if you're aiming weight loss/gain then keep an eye on your scale and make dietary changes accordingly
>>
>>36659974
thanks man very useful tips you're giving me. Should I weight myself once a week? and log it?
>>
>>36658882
it's not the 'sauce'. the canned beans OP is talking about come in water. that water becomes thick after a while because the beans lose starch. the nutritional label does not include the water / starch / sauce. there are also two declerations of weight on the cans: one for the total contents of the can, one for the product itself.
>>
>>36660038
weigh every day preferably at the same time and then log it into excel or something, if you see a steady change after a certain amount of time then you are reaching your goal
>>
>>36660179
thanks friend
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.