[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meditation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: meditating.jpg (14 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
meditating.jpg
14 KB, 300x225
hey guys i was wondering if anyone knows much about meditation that i can have a discussion with them on the top im having some issues with it
>>
just focus on your breathing. Make it a habit. Check also Mark Divine for box breathing.
>>
>>36657434
sure what do you want to know
>>
File: 1454303802074.png (241 KB, 377x480) Image search: [Google]
1454303802074.png
241 KB, 377x480
>>36657434
Bumping out of interest.

As another anon said start by focusing on your breath.
>>
>>36658837
this mark divine guy seems legit. gg breh
>>
File: 1457416690467.jpg (16 KB, 310x475) Image search: [Google]
1457416690467.jpg
16 KB, 310x475
>>36657434
I read pic related and it helped me understand it a lot, basically the part about trying to break the illusion of the self.

Basically you just need to clear your mind by focusing only on your breathing, but don't try to block all your thoughts. Let them come into your mind, but don't dwell on them, they will come and go. Eventually you will reach "enlightenment" by breaking the illusion that there is a "you", if only for a couple seconds. But you can keep practising to prolong this feeling.

At least that's what I got from the book
>>
Just focus on your breath. Put all of your focus on the inhalation and exhalation of the nose.
>>
I remember seeing a pretty extensive info chart about meditation on here. Does anyone happen to have it?
>>
File: 1459717661152.jpg (2 MB, 518x3648) Image search: [Google]
1459717661152.jpg
2 MB, 518x3648
>>36657434

There's a lot of ways to meditate - it depends on what you're doing.

If you're cutting your teeth on transcendental meditation you're cutting yourself short. If you build up focus by practicing calm-abiding your transcendental experiences will be clearer/sharper/more moving/all of the above.

The easiest place to start with calm abiding is the breath - you've got your breath where-ever you go, more or less.

Heads up, shit can get really weird. Thought can go to strange places. Especially if you combine meditation with any kind of psychoactive substance. Make haste slowly is the best way to practice.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 900x600
I don't know much but I do 2 10 minute sessions per day (one in the am and one in the pm) and it's really helped with both my mood and... Brain fog(?) I guess.

I sit Indian-style, usually outside, and just pay attention to my breathing. My brain just says: "inhale, exhale" as I'm doing it.

I'm thinking about jumping to 20 minutes a day but 10 was perfect to start. Even if your brain is really noisy you can make it 10 minutes and it's not a whole lot of lost time. I didn't feel/notice the benefits for over a week tho, so just stick with it.
>>
>>36657434
search zazen on youtube and Ajahn Brahm on youtube.
>>
>>36661514
>Especially if you combine meditation with any kind of psychoactive substance
not recommended, honestly, unless you're very advanced and you're under the guidance of someone experienced
>>
>>36661396

this

try this video OP

you'll struggle, but it's short and pretty forgiving.

there is a longer version and also a few discussion, in addition to the book that are helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzMhLmErz5Q
>>
>>36658837
Sweet! thanks dude
>>
>>36657434
The easist way of doing it after a class of Yoga.
>>
>>36664617
I'm going to butcher the spelling but sevasina is pretty good for meditation.
>>
>>36663924
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>36661396
>breaking the illusion that there is a "you", if only for a couple seconds
I had that happen once while praying, I forgot myself because I was focusing so much on God and was overwhelmed momentarily with a feeling of sheer bliss, it was quite bizarre.
>>
>>36663884
I like to meditate when Im coming up on acid or muchrooms, helps me wipe my mind clear beforehand and get myself into a receptive state for the experiences
>>
>>36657434
spirituality belongs on >>>/x/
>>
>>36666936
spirituality is a core aspect of overall HEALTH and fitness.I dont care if they took health out of the title.
Also, /x/ is a fucking joke. last time I went there it was just lame creepy pasta and neckbeards trying to summon demons
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.