[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on yoga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (242 KB, 1600x1179) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242 KB, 1600x1179
Redpill me on yoga
>>
>>36656996
Make sure your spot is in the back of the room.

Trust me on this one.
>>
>>36656996
it's okay
>>
crossfit for lazy people
>>
>>36656996
it's good for mobility and stretching, and gives you something fun to do on off days.
>>
>>36656996
Good for mobility/flexibility. Strength in some positions too.
The new-age, spiritual hippie bullshit is a meme, but outside of that it's good.
>>
>>36656996
it's hot
>>
>>36656996
The hip stretching movements will improve your squats and diddles, you get better hip drive when your adductors and abductors arent stiff
>>
>>36657010
Epic. Epic for the win.
>>
>>36656996
Scam designed to sell women a way to call stretching a workout so that they never actually have to try at anything. If you do yoga for any reason other than to fuck clueless hipster pussy you are a moron, just foam roll+do mobility work instead.

>inb4 hurr meditation hurr muh mental gains bruh

Fuck off and read a book you dirty hippie
>>
>>36656996
It's okay, but overpriced as fuck where I live. Stretching is pretty easy to do on your own, there are probably some benefits to doing yoga properly related to breathing and what not but just learn some basic positions and do them before bed and that's like 90% of yoga benefits right there.
>>
>>36656996
its a lesbian sport
>>
>>36657163
youtube has plenty of yoga shit fo free
>>
>>36657186
But you can't sit in a room with hot bitches and smell their farts
>>
>>36656996
Breathing, stretching, holding positions will give you good posture, better power, less injuries, calm mind, try it
>>
>>36657162
Meditation is rad and its benefits are backed by science and you're missing out
>>
>>36657208

Yes and I bet the crystals you use to activate your chi and open your chakras aren't placebo either.

Take a bath hippie
>>
>>36657189
No, but you can practice at home and then go to a class and look better than you would have if you'd just jumped in with no experience.
>>
>>36657225
I don't do any of that shit bro you're just insulting me because you have no argument. Meditation is great and gives you more control and awareness of your thoughts and makes it easier to be present instead of off in your worries
>>
>>36657128
Don't get it
>>
>>36657010
nah bro if you're in the back you'll be the creepy guy. Get a spot in the front row, this way more teacher attention and all the ladies will check you out.
>>
File: 1444819735277.jpg (20 KB, 376x429) Image search: [Google]
1444819735277.jpg
20 KB, 376x429
>>36657225
Jesus I can smell the cum on your breath from here. You truly are a faggot, in more ways than one.
>>
>>36656996
Its where its at mate

Get on the pranayama

I recommend this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yoga-Kriya-Systematic-Ancient-Techniques/dp/8185787085
>>
>>36657162
Lmao get mad fgt
>>
>>36657225
Muppet detected
>>
>>36656996
>redpill
kill urself fämälämä
>>
File: Untitled.png (230 KB, 676x549) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
230 KB, 676x549
>>36657809
THIS
Be the hot piece of stronk man meat they get to look at
>>
>>36656996
Maybe ask in a place where there are people who actually know what they're talking about?
>>
File: itoldyouwomenenoughtimes.png (130 KB, 377x251) Image search: [Google]
itoldyouwomenenoughtimes.png
130 KB, 377x251
At least once a year, due to badgering from female acquaintances, I go to yoga. Mostly because they want to see me with my shirt off. Whatever, no accounting for their taste. Yoga is good for learning stretches and nothing like hot yoga to dehydrate the shit out of you for that trim look.

>go this year
>females tell me to come early since class fills up
>arrive 15 minutes early, goddamn no one is there except my two grill friends and a couple other people, but class eventually fills up.
>they saved me a spot with them at the front of the room, for fuck's sake, sweethearts, I didn't come here for the front row.
>get my spot, pop the shirt off, down to just skivvies, the quarter-pants of champs.
>Begin yoga, but fuck all that relaxing good vibe shit
>Eyes stay open the entire time, pretty much bert-staring forward towards the instructor, who is barely talking over the hippy music, meaning I'm trying to read her lips for instructions.
>Visualize doing badass shit during the poses instead of peaceful shit. i.e. not thinking about picking flowers, but about using the poses to dodge ninjas.
>Have super intense look the entire time, since I'm trying to push my range of motion
>Get to end, time to lay there, that's fine
>Instructor says some bullshit prayer or something.
>Instructor: Namaste
>Class except me: Namaste
>Me (in Macho Man voice): OOOOO YEAH

I told you, bitches. I don't want to go to yoga.
>>
>>36657225
Cringe worthy edge lord mentality
>>
is there any benefit of going to a studio rather than just using tapes/youtube? (besides le ebin stare at womenz stretching)
>>
Some yoga poses are comprised of low intensity isometric workouts. Lifting will always be better for putting on muscle.

Stretching just feels good though.
>>
I'm considering doing some to improve RoMs, for general fitness and carryover into comfy squats
>>
>>36656996
what the fuck is there to redpill you on
you do some fucking stretches with some hot ass women
its exactly what you'd expect it to be and exactly what a google search of it will tell you it is
>>
>>36661361
instructor can catch whenever you have bad form and don't realise
if you do it at home might be a good idea to have a body length mirror around just so you can see if you're fucking something up
>>
>>36657163
foam roll won't give you stretch gains brah
>>
>>36657225
>If you're into X then you must also subscribe to Y and Z.
Have you tried lifting as hard as you shitpost?
>>
>>36656996
"Red pill me on X" threads are so bad they were banned from /pol/.

Please fuck off.
>>
File: Zyzz.png (244 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
Zyzz.png
244 KB, 320x480
>>36658081
Okay, that was kinda funny. Interested to hear their reaction if this was a true story.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.