[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you lift, /fit/? God mode: be honest Me-insecurity; was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 471x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 471x312
Why do you lift, /fit/?
God mode: be honest

Me-insecurity; was the skinny, weak, beta, submissive kid in high school and as a result i felt inadequate and failure as a male. Feelings did not go away after high school. Still felt like a bitch of a male, you know the guy who's going to be sucking dick in prison and getting passed around as a fucktoy, thats how i feel about myself.

So i try to make up for it through trying to increase my power, speed, and strength through usual weight training combined with body weight training-calisthenics, explosive trainging-plyometrics and knuckle conditioning
>>
Wanted girls and wanted to be more assertive and to intimidate people
Not be fucked with or made fun of
>>
>>36656175
I honestly don't know.
It just felt like the right thing to do.
>>
>>36656175
to look better in the eyes of other men
>>
>>36656175
Brother had a home gym, and my best friend wanted to lift so I offered to lift with him, mostly since I had nothing else to do, and I wasn't gonna sit around doing nothing while he lifted at my house. At the time I was typical beta guy, while he was basically a chad, but he played games and watched anime and shit so we were friends, and I barely interacted with other people regularly outside of lifting.

A year or so after he got a job and went to a proper gym, but by then I actually started to enjoy lifting for lifting itself, and seeing how much I could improve myself, also made social gains and felt confident in conversations even when not around best bro
>>
Started to lose weight. Wound up trying to lift more than the guys I work with. Did a bunch research read the sticky etc etc. Been lifting seriously for over a year now. They are still doing machines and still benching 1pl8 for the same amount of reps.

Started with ego kept going by habit and more ego I suppose.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 400x267
>>36656175
Why not just stick with lifting for size? Why bother with the others?
>knuckle conditioning
Pic related?
>>
Because I want to be a BAMF. I want there to be nothing that I cannot do when I set my mind to it, and in order to be able to overcome any obstacle I need to be physically able to do so.
Also I want to look damn good and be the envy of the room.
>>
>>36656175
Honestly just to make the time go by and at the same time to make something useful out of it.
>>
>>36656175
A friend dragged me to the gym and I stuck to it because I thought it would be good for me mentally. I was a skinny beta who thought intellect was all you needed and bodybuilders were only fooling themselves. My goal gradually shifted to getting bigger and now I finally feel like a man.
>>
Because my job as a Structural fitter/welder helper requires strength :^)

Godmode: l just want to be the guy in the room who just looks like a friendly giant; he's an honest, straight shooter with a bright personality but could snap you in half if you fuck with his friends
>>
Had so many problems and concerns I couldn't resolvr so I started lifting and it gave new concerns and problem I could do somethinh about.
>>
I saw the meme saying 'what would you 10 years ago think of you now' or something like that, and I didn't like what I would possibly hear. Plus I want a girl who takes care of herself, so I owe it to any future girls I'd talk to to at least lead by example
>>
File: 1456069152588.jpg (165 KB, 491x750) Image search: [Google]
1456069152588.jpg
165 KB, 491x750
I want more respect from other men.

I played sports all throughout my upbringing, but became a lazy stoner partying faggot in college. I was a skinnyfat/chubby pos. When I left college and began working full-time, most dudes began giving me the "buddy" treatment. Where they call you buddy and you can tell they think they're better than you. It doesn't help that I'm 5'9", though I'm not one of those manlet fags with a height complex. People looked at me like I was a little bitch and grills wouldn't even look at me, even though I have a nice face.

Overall, yeah, I lift for bitches and all of the other cliche, quintessential reasons one would pick up and put down heavy shit, but also I want other guys to respect me and possibly fear me.

>inb4 hurr manlet, fear, pik wun!
>>
Because I like looking good.
I like being able to do more, physically.
I like lasting longer.
I like being sexy.
I like being better than the average person.
I like not feeling, being, or looking awful.
>>
File: 1451417965627.jpg (93 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451417965627.jpg
93 KB, 500x500
Because I was unhappy with how I looked and how weak I was
Also no gf and I want a gf
>>
Because thats the only productive thing I really enjoy doing. Otherwise I'm just leeching welfare and playing computer games. And one day i wanna look like a fucking freak. It piss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYGsaiKyJfw
>>
>>36656189
you basically answered for everyone on /fit/
>>
>>36656175
mostly for hotter sex, but recently started to drink and found out that some people objectively need to be punched in the face
>>
it keeps me from killing myself
>>
Started going bald. Didn't wanna be bald and skinnyfat.
>>
>>36656482
Fuck i hated the buddy treatment too. Even worse is when they call you 'boss' and youre clearly the lowest rung on the ladder where you work. Fuck right off

Beard + gains has finally gotten me some level of respect from random contractors. Some even call me sir or big guy now in a non sarcastic tone. Good feels
>>
>>36656175

Start lifting for confidence, gf, gains and the usual.

Since then I got confident, got a gf, few gains.

Today I lift because I like the feel of it.
>>
>>36656375
Well, it started with lifting for size, but only briefly. Then i decided i would mainly lift to improve my physical abilities, as i said it wasnt just me being a skelly it was physical inability associated with it too.

Calisthenics for body control, keeping my muscle groups in working harmony, dont know how to describe it properly.

Plyometrics, i think its pretty obvious, but it compensates for my past lack of ability. I dont know to to articulate this but being fast and strong very important to me. I don't want to be slow, it denotes lesser physical ability.

In short im just compensating for my high school woes.

Most people on fit lifts for size and/or strength wanting to be the best they can be. This is my view of what that means; fast, powerful, and body control.
>>
Wanted to better myself and stop being the small guy people make fun of. Im a manlet and I have no control over that, but I do have control over my physique. Been lifting for a year now and I have made good gainz, both physically and mentally.
>>
I was a strong Viking build manly man. Then I got a cosy desk job and fat became my best friend.
Suddenly I became a dad, and now have a son of 10 months old. So I said "man up" to myself and started power lifting again. No son needs to see his dad out of breath after some minor chore (exaggeration). If I don't lift, my son will come to understand that being fat and lazy is normal. Fuck that.
>>
I got raped and had a hard time dealing with it. Originally I started lifting to gain strength and process all the bad stuff.It didn't really work out in the start because I was really aggressive, but after getting advice on a indian tech consulting board I started to lift for the sake of lifting, and it worked pretty well. My ultimate goal is to get strong enough to hunt the bastard down and kill him with my bare hands.
>>
>>36656566
What about the same people who used to call you buddy/boss?
>>
File: 1457987252085.png (617 KB, 822x1287) Image search: [Google]
1457987252085.png
617 KB, 822x1287
I cut to stop my tits from jiggling everytime I brush my teeth.
I cut so I don't have to suck in everytime I wanna see my ping ting.
I lift so I can prove to my dad that I'm not a lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>36656175
From the age of 4 till whenever I stopped believing in birthday wishes, whenever I would blow the candles out on my cake I would wish for the same thing each year.

>I want to have at least as big muscles as arnold schwarzenegger

Obviously when I got older I realized just how fucking big arnold was in real life. So I abandoned wanting to be as big as him. But I always still wanted to look much stronger and better than everyone else around me.

Maybe it's not a good reason to lift. But that's my reason. Whenever I feel like I am failing or I lose motivation, or my diet isn't going to plan. I think about how I cannot let my child self down... not on his birthday.
>>
>>36656583
You need to loosen up bud. What are training for? Ufc? No point having all that ability if you're not using it
>>
Energy and stability. I'm insanely more productive when I incorporate lifting into my life. Looking fucking great doesn't hurt either.
>>
Insecurity as well but I grew up fat so it wasn't an "I want girls to look at me now" thing
>>
>>36656175
boredom

got given weights and since i spend my entire life in room i thought i might aswell use them

>tfw one of the very few who dont lift for women or men
>>
File: 1438569821079.jpg (85 KB, 804x802) Image search: [Google]
1438569821079.jpg
85 KB, 804x802
To gain strength, and it's the only thing I even enjoy in my life anymore.
>>
>>36656175
I'm just getting into lifting now as I took a look in the mirror and didn't like what I saw. I'm 32, single and out of shape. I do have a pretty good life overall, but I'm not the person I want to be (physically, financially, mentally, etc) and I want to change that. I'm working on the financial part as I'm in a start up, but I figure that working on the physical may help me a bit with the mental part as well. I want to get into better shape. I want to work towards the person I want to be. Lifting is just one step along the way to that.
>>
I did it to get laid. Always have decent social skills but was fat. It worked I guess. I pickup trashy single moms on pof to fuck then tell them I don't want anything serious after. It's really easy and beats jerking off.
>>
>>36656175
>God mode: be honest
I don't lift
>>
>just wanna stop being a fatty
>get mired by some chicks i dated before/new girls

thats about it.
>>
>>36656662
Eat shit fuckface. i wouldve been perfectly fine being a nerd who plays video games if it werent for people like you. People like you always find a way to put a negative spin on things. yea im triggered because your manner of posting remind me of the wankers in high school.

Would not hesitate to damage your spleen and break your ribs if i had a confrontation with you in the middle of the night. Police would not give a fuck. Your slow negatives with perfect form wouldnt even save you shitcunt
>>
>>36656631
Much nicer treatment now. Everyone at my job is respectful and friendly to me, very happy
>>
>>36656769
Ever asked them about how they USED to treat you?
>>
>>36656761
Lmao, you do realise you're on a bodybuilding board right? Come at me brah
>>
>>36656189
I've found I definitely get fucked with more when /fit/.
>>
lol I'm actually afraid to lift and being deluded into thinking things will change for better
>>
File: 1384971583984.jpg (186 KB, 620x930) Image search: [Google]
1384971583984.jpg
186 KB, 620x930
>>36656175
Honestly, there are a lot of reasons for it.

>fed up with being the skinny weak fag.
>want to be strong but more importantly, want to look the part
>also want to attract more women. Just knowing that more than one who is a 7/10 (according to my standards) would be dtf makes me feel better
>dont want to be a stereotypical 'intellectual' whose body has the sole purpose of moving his head
>dont want to be a clumsy faggot anymore
>afraid of being embarrassed because can't lift some heavy stuff at work or something
>wanted to get off my ass and do something that gives me results

basically, insecurities and wanting a better life, I guess.
>>
>>36656761
All that speed wont do you good nigga if you're weak, bitchboi
>>
I wanted to join the police and I always hated the idea of being either one of those faggot-looking stick men officers or one of the whale lard arses.

So I started lifting and getting fit.
>>
>>36656175
Because I'm not good at anything else no matter how much work I put in.

Lifting and watching anime don't really require you to be good at something.
>>
To lose weight, too lazy to do cardio, afraid of jogging around my neighborhood.
>>
>>36656175
I don't want to die as a 200kg blob missing both legs due to diabetes.
>>
>>36656831
>>36656794
>bodybuilding board
No it isnt idiot, its a fitness board and beyond that we have threads that shouldnt even be allowed. If youve been here longer than 3 months you'd know what this place truly is beyond the rules; a hangout board themed on fitness.
>>36656831
You probably think im some fast ottermode fag, sorry to burst your bubble "nigga" but tou're wrong. Im not bodybuilder tier but people can tell i workout.

http://youtu.be/MI3y092kDME
Here's something you can do with calisthenics at a high level. They make it look easy to you doesn't it?

Like i said shitcunt, i lift for ability not for aesthetics, size is secondary to me. Just because i used to be skinny doesnt mean i want to go to other extreme end of the spectrum, thats just fucking stupid.
>>
>>36657030
>a hangout board themed on fitness
you could say that about literally any other board on 4chan
>>
>>36657030
>talks about ability
>doesnt lift for strength

Heh
>>
>>36656175
Yeah, pretty much this for me. Plus, I was lonely, I wanted to be sought after.

Anytime I feel like skipping a workout, I pull up my high school bullies on facebook. It gives me the drive to become a stronger person. Most of them have gained weight and look like they haven't been to gym in a while; meanwhile, I make progress on my body and myself as a whole.
>>
Because I could tell that my wife and I were drifting apart after 20 years. I'm sure that once the kids leave and we are left alone, staring across the living room at each other, we aren't going to stay together.

I got fit to be ready for being single again. I started over 2 years ago and have my first session pre-divorce counseling session on Thursday.
>>
>>36657084
Thanks for reminding us that getting married isnt worth it. It did a noble saxrifice by showing us how much of a meme having a family is
>>
>>36656175
Was swimming with my friend and he drowned. I was too weak to pull him up and swim back to shore without going under with every stroke.
3 years lifting and I'm still not strong enough.

Pic unrelated
>>
To take my mind off of life.
>>
>>36657121
Where are you from?
>>
>>36656175
Tired of being fat, want to be in shape again.

Tired of being alone, what the confidence to make friends and find a girlfriend again.

That's it.
>>
It makes me feel confident.
>>
>>36656175
i want to take out my shirt (even at home) and don't feel embarassed, i also like the mires, is a boost of confidence
>>
>>36657099
If I can save one /fit/izen from waking up next to a middle-aged, morbidly-obese bitch every morning, it has all been worth it.
>>
>>36656175
To become a better version of myself. No matter how hard I work or train, I can always improve. It sucks cause I'm never really happy and only see what I'm not or what I haven't achieved yet.
>>
>>36657151
Canada.
>>
>>36657055
Thats why i added themed on fitness to specifically apply to this board.
>>36657063
No one give a fuck if you can bench press 200kilograms unless your world revolves around other like minded people with a passion for strength e.g. Strength meet ups, strength competitions, which isnt what i give a fuck about. Like i said, i wouldve been perfectly fine with being a video gaming nerd if it werent for my shitty high school life.
Seriously, you're fucking retarded, i got into this out of insecurity i didnt do it because its 'muh passion' or 'le sports'. Has it not occured to you that the type of body conditioning i do is aimed towards physically fucking people up if need be?

Really fuck you, i can confidently say i can badly hurt 95% of the people that has ever entered my field or vision unscathed within the last 6 months assuming 1v1, why? Because a lot of people these days just lift for aesthetics. Fucking bunch of walking clouds.

You know who i dont see? Those huge strength freaks. you know why? Because they spend half their waking week in the gym then meal prepping, etc etc. oh shit, what am i saying, you're not even at that level anyway, youre just a walking cloud at best, you fucking shit stirrer
>>
>>36657273
t. "badass" with a little dick
>>
>>36657288
Blame society, i didnt ask for this. I do this to save myself from further humilation e.g. >>36656566
People are animals, they dont fuck with you when you're not a target. Coards.
>>
>>36656175
Got bullied in school till I learned to stand up for myself. Still it left a void in me, that made/ still sometimes makes me feel like i'm worth less than all the others. No woman would ever look at me. Also i found my skinnyfat body extremely unattractive. I stood with lifting because i actually enjoey the way it makes me feel.

Inferiority complex
Shit body without strength
Liftsn for girls
>>
>>36657273
Have fun with your arthritis faggot. You're delusional
>>
>>36657288
How did you get this guy so angry? I'm a little scared right now, I don't want to be badly hurt by this guy just because you lit the fuse in his tampon.
>>
>>36657338
Enjoy running out of breath after running a single flight of stairs. Dont wanna lose my gains aka. Sarcoplasm. why are you even on /fit/ you seem perfectly suited for bodybuilding.com
>>
>>36657344
Hes fucking delusional, he thinks a faggy punch from him can even be felt by bodybuilders
>>
>>36656175

I started lifting when I was 17. I was 280 pounds. One day, my high school girlfriend dumped me and told all her friends that we never dated and that I was lying about ever having been with her. I was bullied, had few friends. I did 3 hours of cardio a day and lost 90 pounds within 3 months right before I graduated.

I'm 26 now. I've lifted on and off since then, but overall I've been consistent. I see my family members, friends, high school & college class mates all struggling with weight or flat out becoming fat. Lifting for me feels as close to meditation as I'll ever get. It's just a steady, reliable part of my weekly routine that I can depend on. I love that it's there, but I can't really explain why other than the fact that it's exactly the type of structure and routine my life constantly needs.

Of course, there's all the great side effects. I got lots of unexpected attention from girls in college. Guys look up to me for being muscular. I get asked for health and fitness advice, etc. But really, even if all those perks went away, I'd still continue to lift.
>>
I would get sore after riding my dirt bike on casual two track trails, so I started lifting. Now I'm the same weight, lower bf%, not sore ever and my neck is huge. It's starting to hide my jaw line :(
>>
>>36657366
>he takes the stairs
Also running the stairs is a pussy workout. There are more effective alternatives
>>
>lift for function
>wanna compete in amateur strongman
>want to look like the guy who moves mountains
>gf loves my body type (think smaller Klokov)
>I want to protect her from niggers (We live outside Atl)

Basically it. Push/pull ABXABXX different stuff every week.
>>
File: basketball.jpg (520 KB, 1214x1600) Image search: [Google]
basketball.jpg
520 KB, 1214x1600
First started lifting around 2 years ago with a friend at uni gym. didn't make any progress past squatting lmao2pl8. stopped over the summer cause I was lazy.

Started lifting again around 6 months ago after my ex broke up with me and now I've got some solid newb gains people are starting to notice. Been seeing this girl recently and she told me I had big arms even though I'm redpilled on SS and only train legs.
>>
My reasons were/are: Getting rid of body fat (over 30%), feeling more fit, being able to wear cooler outfits, better chances when searching for a new job.
>>
>>36656175

because I hate myself
>>
>>36657474
You walk on a treadmill because your gym is packed with the same share your gym with middle aged casuals lifting for preventative reasons. Your compound workouts are shit. Did i mention you're a walking cloud?
>>
im a hungry skelly virgin and i lift because I don't want the prostutute to laugh at me when I go to lose my v.
>>
>shrooms

Yeah I know its kinda weird but there is a story to it.

>tried Shrooms in Bali
>fuck this is awesome
>try to grow own shrooms
>start reading shroomery and popcorn teks
>successfully dry first harvest
>stumble upon fitness forums
>dyel as fuck
>realize I'm pretty good at following instructions
>3 years lifting now

I guess because I like to read and experiment.
Right now I'm reading up on permaculture.
>>
>>36657700
that's pretty neat anon.
you still growing?
>>
>>36657755
Nah. I'm still pretty young.

And finding a decent spot to grow it without my parents finding out is pretty hard. Still kept a few spore prints though.

P. Cyanescens.

It can certainly be dangerous if you don't know what it does.
>>
>>36656761
You're a fucking idiot anon it's better to have size than total body control, because if you have total body fucking kung fu control or whatever you're talking about people will fuck with you and you might beat them up, but if you have size no one will fuck with you and they'll automatically respect you, but with body control you have to fight people for them to respect you
>>
>>36656175
I got so many reasons to exercise, it's embarrassing how inconsistent I've been until recently.

>grow up as insecure DYEL with sunken sternum
>exercise for a while, enjoy it
>realize it's purely cosmetic and love my body a little
>spend next few years making social gains

>skip ahead
>have multiple mental illnesses
>rediscover exercise
>it literally helps all of them
>fuckin high school counselors never told me about this

Sticking to a program is very good for my ADHD. Exercise is the best way to learn discipline, cause your effort has tangible results that you can be reminded of constantly.

and honestly, I'm just curious. I'm smart and sociable, but fitness is one of those things I completely neglected. The human body is fucking fascinating, and it's really fun to see this machine in action.
>>
>>36656175
I hate my legs, I want to be stronger, I want my wife to feel insecure that I'll leave her because of just how out of her league I am so she starts to do squats and gets a better arse.
>>
>>36657273
>No one give a fuck if you can bench press 200kilograms
Wrong, people who lift will respect you, and people who don't will be intimidated by your thick chest
>>
>>36656175
I want to feel good about myself, I want to feel loved, I don't do enough with my life (hobbies, etc), and I hope that lifting will somehow make other aspects of my life better.
>>
File: for me.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
for me.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>36656175
>Why do you lift, /fit/?
>>
>>36658020
pretty much.
>>
>>36657121
I'm sorry for your loss anon. I wish you the best.
>>
>>36656175
Been lifting on and off since 11 years, mostly dicking around on machines not having any proper routine. Broke up with my gf, realized I've got fat and unfit when being in a relationship with her and having bad food habits and never working out. Also had a lot of free time on my hands now that we've broke up. So I built a home gym and started getting more serious. Getting fit for summer is motivating too.
>>
>>36657878
I havent gotten fucked with in years. People can tell i workout. Do you think im just a little bigger than ottermode or something?
>>36657931
I meant to say that those who strives for pure strength arent the type to to around starting shit to begin with. They mostly spend their time in the gym. 200kg bench isn't something you can acheive with your 45 min workouts. This then goes to my next argument that no one gives a fuck because youre mostly in the gym anyway with your strength bros. people who train for strength arent like your typical fitizen obsessed with looking like clouds. And most ppl on this board arent even that big
>>
>>36656175
life sucked, so i started lifting
life still sucks but it gets better, i guess :)
>>
>>36656761
Lol forget your body man, you need to try and make some mental health gains
>>
>>36658132
>life still sucks but it gets better, i guess :)
that's the attitude, anon. just remember to put in your share of effort to MAKE it better.
>>
>>36658145
Im seeing a therapist, what gave it away?
>>
I just want to stay in shape like my dad who is still fit well into his 60's. I'm tired of looking at old men with pregnant bellies and being told that's my inevitable future.
>>
>>36658187
This. My grandpa is almost 80 years old and he runs every day and lifts light weights, even with a pacemaker. He golfs. He's more fit and thin than most young people I see nowadays.

I want to be like him when I get that old.
>>
>>36658168
thanks man, i will!
>>
>>36658185
You exploding at strangers with a paragraph of shit over an inconspicuous statement, no lie, that was one of the most uncalled for things I've seen in awhile. You on gear?
>>
>>36658237
No im not, the comment was just triggering. Im not angry im just internet angry
>>
at first I started lifting for a girl. She's long since gone, now I lift because there's no better feeling then walking into the gym with a tinge of hype and limping out with a stupid grin on your face and a new PR.
I also enjoy being the strongest person in a room full of normies.
>>
1. I got an office job, and I gained more than a few pounds. I used to go the gym and just lift/avoid cardio, now I'm mostly interested in health. I still lift, but I do it because I don't want to be a fat slob anymore.

2. My wife was getting a little pudgy too, since she got an office job. She's the kind of person who gets competitive about stuff, so once I started going to the gym, she started following.

Get two birds stoned at once.
>>
>>36658311
Tinge should be tingle but I guess dubs makes up for it.
>>
File: new1.png (1 MB, 1092x1020) Image search: [Google]
new1.png
1 MB, 1092x1020
>>36656175
to one day achieve pic related
>>
>>36658237
You threatened to break bones and crush organs and leave them in the dark without contacting help, because he thought your routine was overkill if you aren't using it to supplement a high activity lifestyle. Idk what the guys in high school did or said but they were probably right
>>
>>36658570
He was being triggering and i wouldnt even see him irl anyway. High school was a sensitive period to say the least, and it doesnt go away when you spend 6 straight years in school being the weakest of your cohort
>>
>>36656490
Great post
>>
Tried a military fitness test.
Passed, but vomited directly afterward and swore to myself that I'd never be that fucking weak again.
>>
>>36656761
this is what elliot rodger would be like if he turned out strong
>>
I lift because of habit and because lifting heavy things and putting them down feels fucking great. But when I first started lifting, it was because there was a girl that was interested in me even though I was a fatty, so I wanted to become a better person for her, so as not to feel embarrassed by liking a ugly fatty like me.
>>
When I started paramedic training I was a fatty, and then I got into the city EMS with a bunch of dudebro meat heads who were obsessed with lifting and started working out to fit in.

Also we get a paid hour of physical training each shift and I'd be stupid not to literally get paid to work out.

It also helps with the job a lot.
>>
>>36656175
last year I was drinking a lot of beer and eating like shit. I was enjoying it, but I was also getting very fat - pushing 190 towards the end of August
>only 190
this was much worse than I thought I was. I was sedentary, angry, and dieting like shit. So I turned that shit around in September and lost 20 pounds over the holidays dieting right and working; my job keeps me active.
I had resolved prior to the new year to get to lifting. I had already been doing home bodyweight routines, but I wanted to get back in to lifting, so I set my own goals and now I'm carrying them out.

I'm lifting for a whole bunch of reasons. The fit, aesthetic body and strength, of course. But it has also helped my mental state so much. I'm calmer, happier, and more relaxed in general. And forming the diet appropriate to building my body has improved my diet and self control immensely. I want to keep this up long term to build and maintain the habit of health because I feel good this way.
>>
>>36658797
190 pounds? That ain't so bad, I was up at 260 pounds before I started getting my shit together. Cut back to 180lb over the course of six-eight months, then started lifting.
>>
>>36658917
I know, that's why I put in
>only 190
but like I said, it was worse than I thought. I somehow deluded myself into thinking I was something like 170 and totally fine, when in fact I was developing a noticeable beer gut. my mom had been telling me and I had been ignoring her, thinking she was just ribbing me.

I'm honestly still relieved that I caught myself before I pushed over 200. I love ice cream and I love imperial stouts and the combination of those with the way I was spending my time would have done just that and more over the winter.
>>
>>36659190
I wish my mom told me those kind of things, she's more of the opposite.

Anyway, I think cutting is pretty easy once you get into a routine (I managed like 5-5.5lb / week at peak), but the stretchmarks around my belly probably won't ever go away.
>>
>>36659228
yeah, I was expecting cutting back to be agony, but it was pretty nice. was doing 1-1.5lb per week during the winter. I'm taking this month to do surplus eating to build some muscle and push my lifts past where they've been stalling. I want to finish cutting over the summer and commit to bulk next fall.
>>
>>36656593
Mad respect bro
>>
>>36656175
I'm not entirely sure... But I started and now I don't want to stop.
>>
>>36656482
I'm 5' 7.5" and asian lol. It sucks being short, but hey, you can't change height naturally. The good thing is shorter people fill out quicker so we look bigger quicker/ are stronger cause of the lower range of motion.
>>
>>36659766
I don't think our technology is really at a point where we can change height unnaturally either. At least I've never heard of bone extensions...
>>
>>36659833
I'm not entirely sure, but I've heard of something like tibia extensions (?) What they do is they shatter bones and implant a support rod/beam/whatever around the bone so it "repairs and grows", adding tissue and lengthening the bone. It's really expensive and requires physical therapy after the healing process is over.
>>
>>36656761
I'm sure he would just shoot your stupid ass dead.
Fucking dickhead.
>>
>>36656438
Exactly im a welder/fabricator and its good to be strong for the job.
>>
Wanted girls and to be able to look in the mirror and say "nice" unironically
>>
To overcome my poor body image of a lanky scrawny teenager with a poor social life.
>>
I was 75kg in highschool
We dated for 3 years
Shit got emotionally abused and I was given ultimatums to leave my family behind
I left
She went to uni and left me behind after I cut every family and friend from my life
I ate myself to 127kg by the end
Once she left I became an alcohol and weedfiend
I started getting my shit together, got help, made amends with family
Back working
Out of the blue 6 years later I got some fake Facebook account messaging me what seems like cat fishing
After I didn't respond to the bait I started recieving sound clips calling me obese just childish shit but all the names under the sun
It wasn't just the once
I felt disgusted with myself even though at that point I had already bettered myself and gotten back to about 110kg
I lost my shit and haven't stopped since
Down to 95kg and a lot more muscle now
Thinking about her disgusts me, it reminds me of the fat sack of shit I used to be
She was so insecure about her own problems she had a nose job and convinced me I had caused a miscarriage after she bled for a month, this shit still sticks with me I was convinced I caused the death of our unbornchild
Turned out she was just heavily bleeding for a period of time and refused to acknowledge it was her body responding to hormone imbalances
Highschool romance is overrated
>>
Honestly I just want to be better than other people
>>
>>36656175
to put as much weight on the bar as I can. To get stronger is also a good one.
>>
I want my Dad to be proud of me
>>
In college, I saw a lot of skinnyfat nu males and I was deathly afraid that I looked like that too so I started getting big. Now, I do it because I enjoy being better looking than my coworkers.
>>
>>36656761
Lol you wouldn't do SHIT.

Nerds who become fighters always get BATTERED by untrained guys with superior BONES. Sure, training in boxing or martial arts may increase your fighting ability by 20-30%, but it's NOTHING compared to just being born with good genetics. A genetic alpha would knock you out in one punch.
>>
Started off insecure, still probably am, also I do it in the hopes of one day becoming some bad ass vigilante... My life sucks...
>>
>>36656761
Get over yourself you insecure overcompensating fuck.

If that's really how you think, then you are the poorest excuse of a man out there.

Look at you, getting mad at strangers on the internet, threatening to hurt people you don't know. You think that makes you tough? El oh el.

You may be bigger and faster, but there is no escaping the person you are trying so hard to escape from. You will always be the small, nerdy, waste of life.

Not because you're bigger and can kick people's asses, but because you are an insecure, incapable fuck.

Do us all a favor, and call this bait. Because I refuse to believe a weak, insecure poor excuse of a man like you actually exists.
>>
>>36656175
Too autistic to play real sports
>>
I went to buy some new clothes today and looked like a pudgy piece of shit. It is a sad feel that i'd like to avoid.
>>
>>36662074
I want to believe.
>>
To get pussy
>>
>>36656175
Started doing pull ups every day and it gave me satisfaction to see my reps go up. Eventually I started lifting weights. The satisfaction of beating your PB is awesome.

Also I wanted to look more like a man and less like a teenager. Having an awesome body is just a cool bonus.
>>
File: 98XWmFB.jpg (53 KB, 367x599) Image search: [Google]
98XWmFB.jpg
53 KB, 367x599
>>36657273
No one give a fuck if you can record 200goomgrams unless your world revolves around other like minded people with a passion for stupidity e.g. VidCon, middle schools, which isnt what i give a fuck about. Like i said, i wouldve been perfectly fine with being a video gaming nerd if it werent for my ability to magically make money for being a retard on camera.

Seriously, you're fucking retarded, i got into this out of insecurity i didnt do it because its 'muh gaemz as art' or 'le esports'. Has it not occured to you that the type of salty milk and pennies comedy i do is aimed towards mentally fucking people up if need be?

Really fuck you, i can confidently say i can badly repel 95% of the people that has ever entered my field or vision unimpressivly within the last 6 months assuming 1v1, why? Because a lot of people these days just play video games because they like them. Fucking bunch of walking big zams in banana shoes.

You know who i dont see? Those guys who aren't married to harpies with fetal alcohol syndrome. you know why? Because they spend half their waking week fucking their wives, not fantasizing about touching dicks with dudes etc etc. oh shit, what am i saying, you're not even at that level anyway, youre just a walking gorp at best, you fucking mycaruba
>>
God-mode honesty:

To get my girlfriend to love me again. Because I'm a fucking idiot and she makes me depressed.

For girls. If you want complete honesty that's about it. It's less about banging random and dirty 6/10s and more about being the only unapproachable one out of all of my friends.

Petty-Mode:

It gives me a sick pleasure to post pictures on Normie-media and the same people who called me fat and ugly now call me swole or leave emojis like an autist, or all of Black Twitter.

The same thing, but with my friend's girlfriends talking to their boyfriends about going to the gym when I'm around.

Personal-Mode:

I was running up a flight of stairs and took a few minutes to catch my breath. Fuck that shit.

Large size shirts began to feel tight on me. Refused to ever wear XL, said double fuck that, now I wear a medium.

Autism-tier:

I want to punch stuff harder than what should be normal

I pretty much want to be strong enough to do an X-Ray attack from Mortal Kombat in real life.
>>
You want to know why I lift? Have a seat, fuckbags. It's story time.

You'll call me a cuck, I'm sure, but fuck you, hear me out.

Married my hs sweetheart. She was my first kiss, we lost our virginity together, all that shit, but separated for a couple years out of hs before we got married. When we were talking about getting back together, she kind of had reservations about it, because of our history. We had a great relationship, and I always treated her like gold, do she knew we'd end up married, but she had a history of sexual abuse when she was younger, and it fucked her head up. She actively pursues abusive relationships, without realizing it (confirmed in therapy, not just some bs), so she hesitated, and ended up hooking up with this real scumbag.

Att, I was going to the gym regularly, mostly just to maintain, nothing serious, I was dad bod as fuck. Fuckboy went, and he was the type that looked ripped, but couldn't lift for shit. I was benching what he squatted, no problem. He ended up cheating on her twice in less than a month, and she dropped him, and came to me. I'm not proud of it, but this was the girl I loved. Endorphins make you do weird shit, boys. So we end up having a great relationship and get married.

FF to 3 years later, we have a beautiful daughter and a home together, things are going well,i thought, but something changed with my wife, over the past couple months, and she's seeming depressed and distant.

Finally, she tells me she is considering divorce b/c she's not attracted to me anymore or some shit. Makes no sense. I go into full panic mode, and get us in marital counseling, start keeping tabs on her phone, etc. She's emotionally shut down, and can't empathize, or even feel bad about shit. Long list of psychological garbage explaining it.

Cont.
>>
>>36662917

what are you talking about you raving retard LOL tl;dr that shit you psychopath don't shoot up a school or anything
>>
>>36656175
I don't even know any more.

It's all I have left.

I hate being fat.

I hate being autistic.

But lifting won't fix my lack of social skills.
>>
>>36666198

Therapist recommends a 2 month trial separation. We separate, and a month later, I found out she fucked that old douchebag. She admits it, and i admit I fucked some other chick.

I go through her texts without her knowing, and see this fucking guy has been referring to my wife as "his property" and shit, (remember abusive) and I fucking lose it. I dump my old lady, with her begging to come back, for awhile, and eventually still fucking take her back. But since then, I haven't skipped one day at the gym, and fuckbag is nowhere to be seen.

I lift, because, one day, he'll be back.
I'll follow that son of a bitch into the alley behind the gym.
And I'm going to fuck him.

One thing about me, I have a really fat ass cock.
6 inches around, a solid 7+ long.

I'm going to hold him down. fuck him. and tell him the entire time that his ass is now my fucking property. And I need to be powerful enough to keep his little ass from running off. So help me, I will fucking do it. It's my life's mission, at this point.
>>
>>36666213
I'm pretty sure he's making fun of Arin Hanson (Egoraptor) the guy in that picture. It's actually really clever if you know who he is, what a waste to post it here where not many will get it.
>>
>>36666270
>lifting to fuck men
Welcome to /fit/
>>
it makes me feel good and lets me eat more without becoming a fat fuck
>>
I've gained a ton of weight since meeting my husband and I don't want him to get bored of me now that we're finally married.
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.