[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/migraine/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12
File: memes.png (73 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
73 KB, 500x355
Who /migraine/ here?

I have regular migraines triggered from artificial flavourings. Just recovered from a 2 day heavy migraine.
>headache in morning day before yesterday
>spots in vision, aura
>take pills and drink water to kill it
>seems to recede
>have dinner later
>immediately vomit after finishing
>all of the day's food comes up, clearly didn't digest anything
>vomit and eventually dry heave all night
>Headache intensifies
>more pills and sleep
>next day have some pineapple to alleviate pain and provide sugar
>hurl again straight away
>chase the hurl with eating the rest of the fruit hoping it stays
>more pills
>more sleep

>this morning
It's like I can breathe again.

I have no idea what the trigger was this time, but holy shit this was bad.
>>
>mfw ex tried that shit during a 69
>>
>>36650852
You better keep an eye on that anon.
My friends mum just died from an aneurysm rupture. She had terrible migraines every now and then.
>>
>>36651003
Thanks senpai. I had an MRI and EEG a few years back and it looked ok, but they have been getting worse as of late.

I found that strawberry flavouring triggers the migraines along with heavy stress and anxiety
>>
File: real nigga spongebob.jpg (299 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
real nigga spongebob.jpg
299 KB, 750x750
these fucking spongebob memes are so good
>>
>>36650852
I get them too OP.
Didnt get any for a few years, but Ive gotten two in the past 6 months and it has me pretty paranoid.
I got both of the two recent ones at the gym actually, both times I was working in high rep ranges (back extensions/ curls) and it has me a little weirded out.
Usually, it is stress related, or a weather pattern change
>Chinooks in Calgary blow mayne
>>
>>36651145
Go get another MRI and EEG bro. One of my friends AND his brother had a brain aneurysm. It's fucking horrible and he is on heavy life support
>>
File: 1450411716381.gif (516 KB, 245x240) Image search: [Google]
1450411716381.gif
516 KB, 245x240
>>36650852
I used to get chronic migraines about the time they went away I was doing two new things: I started qi gong and I used belgian device that had just been FDA certified in the US called cefaly. I don't get migraines any more. I think the belgian device probably did it, but I think the qi gong helped.

Also for pain try 2 tylenol and 2 ibprofen
or 2 tylenol and 2 advil

good luck faggots
>>
>>36650852
I've had migraines since I was 9. When I was younger I used to be in bed for days. Now my pain tolerance is so high I don't take pills and just work through it.

I'm almost 25 now.

2 years ago I went to the brain doctor and he told me to take higher doses and record my results for a month. The pills didn't make me sleep or relax or help and I had 20 migraines in a month.

That sandniggers response was "classic migraines" while I argued for an mri. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have a tumor I didn't want to take pills. And that's when I stopped taking pills. Not that even the expensive ones really helped but I took them

Now I plow a massive amount of water a day or whenever I get one, eat a lot, and wake up on time. It seems to help. Too much sun is a bitch though when you work outside
>>
>>36651252
Also another trick to alleviate pain is to get a hand massager and run it on your neck and back. Splash water on your face and shit.

Like I said though, pills never helped me, but the ones I did try that might help are T3s, Maxalt, some other shit after maxalt, and they were prescribing me some shit that is supposed to make you sleep for half a year that never worked and when I upped the dosage pretty high it made my shits rock hard. Also advil, and my mom uses those advil cold and flu for hers (she gets seizures due to not being able to handle the pain) which helps her because it puts her to sleep.

Any prescription you take will stop working so well if you rely on it though.
>>
>>36651329
>>36651252
>>36651222
>>36651179
>>36651175
Thanks senpaitachi.

Need to save all of this shit for next time
>>
File: 9avh6.jpg (44 KB, 628x768) Image search: [Google]
9avh6.jpg
44 KB, 628x768
>>36650852
Take shrooms, they're shown to reduce migraines and cluster headaches. Added fun bonus is that they're fun as fuck, and contrary to popular media depiction, don't turn you into some kind of fucking moron wannabe wizard hippie.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/aug/02/health.drugsandalcohol

or don't take em whatever
>>
I get that shit.

Stress.

I asked my doc and he said that I basically have two choices:

> never drink caffeine, get fewer migraines but more severe

> constantly drink caffeine, get more migraines but less severe

In my case I choose the caffeine version. I tried to quit caffeine for a bit and woke up from a nap with visual aura so bad I could barely see at all.

The headache after was retarded. It's 2 am and I still can't sleep because of it.
>>
>>36650852
Migraines with aura reporting in. Was way worse as a youth but still pretty heavy now. Starts with blind spots in vision, then loss of feeling in arms and face. Severe headache and trouble articulating. Had to be hospitalized everytime as a child and almost died in a MRT once, they strapped my head tight and I threw up, very unpleasant.
>>
File: 1454101703704.jpg (33 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1454101703704.jpg
33 KB, 480x480
>>36652473
>shrooms
>fun as fuck

Not if you hate yourself, I haven't had a good trip in years. Same with acid and what have you.
>>
>>36650852
whats that kind of "aura" people talk about?
>>
>>36653542
Mine is like a flashbang has just gone off.

Ringing and spots in my vision, dizziness, followed by a calm.
>>
>>36653553
that sucks man,I hope you get better someday
>>
>>36653542
It's different for everybody, but shares similar traits. The most common things would be blind spots in vision, tingling feelings of loss of feeling in limbs of the face, general dizziness, maybe a feeling similar to being "muted", feeling linke somethings off, just not feeling well.
>>
File: what_is_migraine_aura.jpg (92 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
what_is_migraine_aura.jpg
92 KB, 512x288
I had migraines or lightweight headaches almost daily from 15 to 20 years old. Normally without aura but somtimes with, like in pic related. I even started using sunglasses because sunlight often triggered them.
But things have been improving. As I improved my diet and fitness, things got better and now I rarely have them
>>
>>36653542
This fucking shit right here.
>>
>>36654513
Oh god yes.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3060) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3060
>>36653534
Sucks bro, go see a therapist if you haven't already and work through that shit
>>
>>36650852
I had em Daily for a few months I was too stupid to realize it was coffee that was doing it to me. But I don't really understand it. I can have as much caffeine as I want and eat other food made with coffee beans and be fine, but one sip of actual coffee see you in three hours after my blindness is gone my excruciating headache has left and I've puked up everything I ate that day.
>>
>>36654377
Damn I have been suffering from exactly that. The sun kills my eyes and I am not even some sort of basement fgit.

I just turned 20 and i still get daily headaches.
>>
File: 1454420850217.jpg (45 KB, 765x540) Image search: [Google]
1454420850217.jpg
45 KB, 765x540
>>36653443
I got them straight from caffeine. Freaked me out, had >>36654513 and intense brainfog 40m a couple times a week. Finally figured out it was caffeine which I was overdoing. A couple months of abstinence and I'm fine but I still have a few days a week a take it easy on my favorite stimulant. Don't want that again.
>>
>>36654513
holy fuck dude, just looking at that shit fills my mouth with that delightful copper taste i used to get with my migraines. i was diagnosed bipolar II and was prescribed lamotrigine, and BAM - just like that, i stopped getting them - i used to get them every few weeks but i havent had one now in 7 years.
>>
>>36652473
LSD also works, keep in mind when you do LSD or shrooms to get rid of a migraine you arent supposed to trip balls, you're supposed to take a small dose, small enough to not really even feel it. ive taken a quarter hit of acid before and its stopped a migraine in its tracks.
>>
I luckily have migranes a few times a month currently. After getting migranes i cant stand bright constant light and sometimes even different rooms make me feel uneasy. Now i hate summer.
>>
I'm sorry for your pain and shitty lot OP, but reading things like this make me so appreciative of how good i have it health wise.
>>
File: 1459170185866.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1459170185866.png
129 KB, 724x611
>>36652473
Hey I saw that episode of House too
>>
>>36656270
Fellow lamotrigine comrade.
>>
File: image.jpg (414 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
414 KB, 720x960
RELPAX
E
L
P
A
X

I get migraines so bad that I've been hospitalized. Tylenol, Excedrine, Advil, none of that shit works. I used to take shit like Axert, but I'd have to sleep the rest of the day away just to get rid of the migraine. I can take Relpax and get back to work and even hit the gym later if I need to. See your doctor about it.

Posting high test for attention.
>>
>>36658104
who is that on the right? google images doesnt work
>>
I've had migraines for the bulk of my life with regular headaches all the time. As far as I can tell things that cause headaches/migraines:

fluorescent lights
>something about the straight white light. It was way worse in high school when you sitting under them for 7 hours straight
dehydration
>this should be obvious
stress
>this, especially certain people. For example, there happens to be an insufferable nerd/turbo-autismo at the game store I play swing miniatures at and almost guaranteed if I play with him, by the time I get home ill have a migraine

But for all its worth, I would never ever wish exertion headaches upon anyone. I somehow got them for a month-and-a-half. If anyone else has ever had them, I feel your pain. Plus they literally make your workout hell.
>>
>>36658104

Wow, what fake smiles on both of them
>>
File: 1458645712814.jpg (23 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1458645712814.jpg
23 KB, 720x405
>>36653534
man its all about setting. Get a good fucking playlist going for 2-3 hours. For the peaking.

Take the shrooms put on the old version of willy wonka and the chocolate factory or some other good launchpad movie. My next one is Kung Fu Hustle

when that's done peaking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5RdMvgk8b0
and your playlist

Preload a couple trippy music videos
intersperse some based Allan Watts videos in there

then go for a walk in nature.
Maybe have a hole to stick it in later.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.