[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been considering getting an Air Fryer, considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: AirFryer.jpg (61 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
AirFryer.jpg
61 KB, 620x620
I've been considering getting an Air Fryer, considering how much I love things like fried chicken and shrimp. I did some reading and it seems like air fried food is way better for you. Is that really the case or am I being taken on a ruse cruise?
>>
>>36650468
Bumping cause im intrested and mever heard of an air fryer.
>>
>>36650489
Yeah I only heard about them around christmas time (some walmart advertisement for one, but they were out of stock). As the name would suggest, they use hot air to fry foods instead of grease or oil, and therefore the food that comes from them is supposedly much healthier than food fried the usual way.
>>
>>36650510
So it's a grill then?
>>
>>36650518
I guess? I dont have one, so i'm really not sure.
I read an article where someone tested regular fried food, food fried with an air fryer, and food baked in an oven and apparently the food fried with the air fryer had less oil in it than the food baked in an oven.
>>
>>36650510
so it's just a toaster oven with a fan?
>>
oh god those potato sticks are f'ing delicious
>>
>>36650976
>potato sticks
>not tinker-tots

bong detected
>>
File: do i get to bring friends.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
do i get to bring friends.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>36651022
>>36650976
>misnaming McFreedom Fries
>the year of Trump 2016
>>
Bought one 2 months ago
works so well for potatoes and chicken
It's very light and crunchy without it feeling greasy or heavy. though keep to your limits cus this thing makes you want to pig out since the no oil/fat makes you feel guilt free.
>>
>>36650468
i have one in my house, though its a lot bigger
its called an oven
>>
>>36651293
What kind do you have?
>>
>>36651321
I was thinking this. What is the supposed difference between this "air fryer" and a basic oven?
>>
File: 119819-7900316.jpg (166 KB, 1440x1500) Image search: [Google]
119819-7900316.jpg
166 KB, 1440x1500
>>36650468
This seems to just be a convection oven. I have pic related and it does the same thing essentially.
>>
>>36651414
Indeed
Although obviously it's cheaper to buy what OP is talking about
>>
>>36651702
Yeah those air fryers probably do not run $2300 USD lol
>>
>>36650468
sorry to disappoint but they're pretty bad desu. I mean they are better for you than fried but it tastes worse and you could get better results with a traditional oven.
>>
sounds like a convection oven
>>
>>36651780
I AM TRYING TO SHILL HERE STOP RUINING MY ADVERTISEMENT GOY
>>
>>36651780
Twitter: @convection_oven

>the fuck is this
>>
Reading alot of reviews and they are mostly positive.
My bulk will thank you OP!
>>
>>36651836
why would you not just buy a deep fryer if you're bulking
>>
>>36650518

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>36650510
>>36650518
>>36650903

It's a convection oven you douche bags.
>>
>>36651836

I had the Phillips one around 2 years ago you still have to use oil but only a tablespoon and the hot air throws it around mine broke down after about 8 months couldn't be fucked getting it fixed there like 300 Dollars aus
>>
>>36652726

OK thanks Melvin
>>
I bought one a month ago (Tefal actifry). So far I have only used it to make potato chips and kumera chips. It's pretty good for that. I do put about 1tbsp of oil in, but it the chips are still surprisingly lean when they come out.

It is a somewhat different finished effect to what you would get from deep frying. But when you consider that the chips don't taste greasy it's nicer.

I've found it tends to work better when you cut the chips finer as the greatest surface area allowed them to be more like deep fried on terms of crispness.

I've always used veg, not frozen chips.
>>
>>36651836
>shilling this hard
>>
>>36650468
Ive got one and it changed my life. My meals would take hours to cook but now i throw a piece of chicken in and its done in ten minutes.
>>
>>36651293
Do you bread the chicken before air frying?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.