[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of Low Carb/Keto if you can lose fat without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: newme.jpg (476 KB, 705x853) Image search: [Google]
newme.jpg
476 KB, 705x853
What's the point of Low Carb/Keto if you can lose fat without restricting carbs?
>>
Feeling fuller while cutting, thus making it easier to eat less.
>>
Because muh fad diet
>>
It helps curb the feeling of hunger, making it easier to maintain a deficit, that's basically it.
>>
Doesn't work for me, I feel hungrier when I restrict carbs.
>>
>>36649911
>>36649930
Oh really? Ok I'll try it.
>>
>>36649911
>>36649930

Does it target fat?
>>
>>36649899

Every time your liver glycogen stores are refilled it interrupts the process of converting fat into ketones. Ketosis is how you use your fat for energy, regardless of your macros.

The higher your BF% the better it is to stay in ketosis. Once you hit 15ish% you really do need carbs to give you the energy to lift.
>>
>>36649950
Yeah. There's no reason you should lose more mass on keto than a regular diet, but there may be a muscle sparing effect meaning more of the mass you lose is fat. Hopefully.
>>
>>36649950
the difference is negligible to be honest. You may see a very mild difference between two people maintaining the same deficit over time with one doing keto and one eating a "normal" diet but the difference is going to be insignificant. Whatever helps a person stick to their deficit is the best diet for fat loss, for me that's keto.
>>
>>36649961
Or alternatively, once you hit 15% losing fat gets more difficult so you should do something like keto, carb cycling, or intermittent fasting.
>>
reset insulin sensitivity, which improves partitioning when you start bulking

stubborn fat storage, etc.
>>
>>36649972
A coherent, non bias opinion based on facts.... fuck off anon, this is /fit/
>>
>>36649899
You will lose fat more quickly. For example, you can turn your 6 week cut into a 4 week cut.

You also stop getting 'carb hunger' after a few days so its easier to maintain your diet and not fall off the wagon.
>>
>>36649899
What the fuck why does he suddenly look 50? Looks like Michael Pachter
>>
There is literally no fucking point because if you eat a surplus you will still gain weight on keto.

You have to waste willpower to establish a deficit, then waste willpower a second time to eat only keto food for no reason.

Absolute waste.
>>
File: LylMcD.jpg (99 KB, 960x744) Image search: [Google]
LylMcD.jpg
99 KB, 960x744
>>36649899
Lyle pls, even you say so yourself that Keto isn't the best diet
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.