[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will getting /fit/ help me if I'm a schizoid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: the_road_to_knowledge.jpg (37 KB, 584x502) Image search: [Google]
the_road_to_knowledge.jpg
37 KB, 584x502
How will getting /fit/ help me if I'm a schizoid?
>>
your doses of anti-psychotics get smaller

better odds of fucking a nurse

the voices in your head start mirin your gains inbetween telling you to kill people
>>
>>36644530
helped me brah

"the mystic swims with delight in the same waters the schizophrenic drowns in"
>>
>>36644530
CAT'S FOOT IRON CLAW
>>
It won't. You'll just be stronger and more muscular
>>
>>36644552
Not schitozophrenia.

Schizoid.
>>
>>36644530
If you can transform your body, you can control your personae. Just a matter of will.
>>
>>36644571

crazy is crazy
>>
Schizo here. This is a vast and varied mental condition, I don't know how you're handling it and how it manifests in you, but I'll try and relate how lifting helped me:

>incremental, personal improvement over time has had an impact on the character of negative, intrusive thoughts - lowering their intensity and frequency
>simply becoming bigger/stronger controls paranoia - the paranoid delusions still strike, but as I am more confident in my body there is no real fear response triggered by it
>daily exercise has been shown to alleviate symptoms of depression (a common side-affect of schizophrenia) both by providing a physical, relate-able challenge and by adjusting neuro-chemistry
>being in the body during exercise helps keep me grounded in 'reality'

Exercise and tobacco are the only things that kept me going during the worst of my psychosis. Good luck, brother.
>>
>>36644558
:(
>>
>>36644606
>>36644571

Snap, just realized your a schizoid, not a schizo. I'm not sure physical exercise is a sure-fire way to improve your condition. I'll try to relate from my personal experience.

Schizophrenia can induce schizoid/aspd as a coping mechanism to deal with leaving the real. What helped me get back to society (in order):

>Undertaking an understanding of buddhist/interconnected philosophy
>Meditation
>Long walks/hikes in nature
>Finding joy in observing animals
>Slowly interacting more and more often with strangers
>Finding ways to relate to other people through conversation
>'Listening with the heart'

Getting into the idea that we're all interconnected by the threads of a universal tapestry helped me allow myself more intimacy with others. It's a continual process - if you want it and you work towards it honestly you can develop your condition to work for you instead of against you.
>>
>>36644584
Dumb is dumb
>>
>>36644571
Schizoid isn't real. It's just a fancy word for being a shut-in sheltered pessimistic autist who in this age is likely to spend way to much time on the internet. Lift, talk to girls, get friends and you'll be cured of your non-real condition.
>>
>>36644980
Sure buddy,
I do get outside and I do talk to people.
It's more than just an anti-social thing.

>>36644704
STPD rather than straight SPD.
Which I've read is actually just a minor or starting form of schitzophrenia, but don't quote me on that. I seriously hope it isn't too.

But yeah it's more his do I deal with these delusions and feelings that God is trying to speak with me.
I like what you've suggested. I'm studied taoist philosphy for a while but I'll look into budhism, I really like what taoist offers though.
Do you know anything about the differences?
>>
File: 1368101526967.jpg (75 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1368101526967.jpg
75 KB, 960x720
>>36645098
>Sure buddy,
>I do get outside and I do talk to people.
>It's more than just an anti-social thing.
>>
>>36645098

>STPD
>Which I've read is actually just a minor or starting form of schitzophrenia, but don't quote me on that. I seriously hope it isn't too

From personal experience, they are siblings. After a year in psychosis & 2 years dealing with schizophrenia, I would currently be considered STPD.

I suggest you stay grounded and keep your mind in the current moment - the past is void and without form, the future is yet to bloom. If you like to meditate, focus on calm-abiding rather than transcendental mediation. Dramatically reduce all drug consumption. The trick is to keep your brainwaves from fluctuating too greatly. Definitely start a strength training regiment, adding in cardio as well - pursuing physical improvement has definitely helped me deal with my condition.

>how do I deal with these delusions and feelings that God is trying to speak to me

Accept the experience but do not dwell more than is necessary on it.

>I like what you've suggested. I'm studied taoist philosphy for a while but I'll look into budhism, I really like what taoist offers though.
Do you know anything about the differences?

The Tao and the Sutras are both the Truth - only interpreted by different hands, in different times, through different cultural lenses. If the Tao is your jam rock it, though I would definitely suggest looking through other philosophies/theologies for auxiliary confirmation. You'll quickly catch the pattern by seeing similarities between all of them, which will help cement your practice.

>>36644553

Good to see you, brother - hope things are going well on your end.
>>
>>36644530

It will help you cope with the physical symptoms of onset anxiety such as increased heart rate to heart palpitations and lowering blood pressure.

As for the mental state, take your meds and live a balanced life.

Many people live with the symptoms but aren't dehabilitated by it.
>>
File: 1345156052989.jpg (2 KB, 126x103) Image search: [Google]
1345156052989.jpg
2 KB, 126x103
>>36645098
Sigh. Son, if you really do have Schizoid Personality Disorder, no amount of /fit/ or socializing can ever change that. You are stuck with delusions, flat affect, a cold personality, disassociation from reality and (to some people) hallucinations. I would feel sorry for you but you can't feel sorry for yourself. This is my Masters degree in psychology talking here.

But you are very likely NOT of a schizoid personality; you are more than likely over educated and under socialized and self-diagnosed, in which case getting /fit/ and talking to girls might definitely help. All the best to you.
>>
>>36644552
>the voices in your head start mirin your gains inbetween telling you to kill people

>hey anon, hey stop being a loser and ax that dude
>nice traps
>just cleave em right between the shoulderblades
>dem tris do n-no homo
>>
>>36645305
Well I am diagnosed with STPD, which is different that SPD.

Dissociation and perceptual distortions are all there though.
>>
>>36645305
>Son, if you really do have Schizoid Personality Disorder, no amount of /fit/ or socializing can ever change that. You are stuck with delusions, flat affect, a cold personality, disassociation from reality and (to some people) hallucinations. I would feel sorry for you but you can't feel sorry for yourself. This is my Masters degree in psychology talking here.

This guy gets it!

Not OP, but I am actually diagnosed Schizoid and working out shouldn't be seen as "helping" your mental condition -- 60mg of Prozac and working-out didn't help for me, but it's just nice to exercise.
>>
>>36644530
>how will getting /fit/ help me get less shy

it won't, every gym is full of dozens of aloof autists like you and none of them ever improve
>>
>>36644530
It won't, I am very fit, I have been working our for 6 years without a month rest since I was 18 and I am still a schizoid, I don't care nor look for social relationships, I am a loner, apathic guy, but I think that being fit helped me to not worry about how I look to other people because I know that I am better looking than most people are, that's it just that social anxiety lost
>>
File: doobs.jpg (6 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
doobs.jpg
6 KB, 256x197
cause then you can be patrick bateman
>>
>>36644704
Hey look everyone it's a
"I did a psychology major at community
College" but wasn't smart enough for Med school person.
>>
>>36645483

A lot of people live with those symptoms.

The part where it gets called a mental "disease" is if it debilitates you.

If you can live a normal life with it, then it's just another quirk.
>>
Even if you're a loner you can still enjoy girls mirin'.

Lifting is also a great way to occupy yourself. Then again, people with schizoid personality disorders are usually quite lazy with no real goals, so it might not be a great match; however, not everyone is completely square.
>>
>>36644530
It will at least give you an activity you can enjoy that doesn't require you to interact with other people.
If you meant schizophrenic/schizoaffective then it will at least help decrease severity and frequency of depressive episodes.
Only meds can quiet the hallucinations
>>
File: 1352350351548.png (61 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
1352350351548.png
61 KB, 1300x1300
>>36644530
nigga see a doctor not a fucking anime imageboard if you legit have schizophrenia
>>
>>36644530
Confidence, vitality, mood will all increase
But don't think that the evil ones will give up
I slowly "developed" schizophrenia while working out over the past 3 years
Starting with psychosis NOS cannabis use disorder (lizards hate on people who open their third eyes etc.)
Then going to BiPolar disorder (lizards think I'm violent because I'm a big strong black man)
Now I'm schizophrenic based off evidence of me "talking to myself" (lizards just buttmad still)

I just pretend to take the medicine as most of the pills you are prescribed are unnatural and are meant to be chemical lobotomies... some even working against you and your goals...

I want to play football and lift weights for example, and my doctor prescribes me risperdal so that he can try and turn me into a fat big titty bitch... it's all a scam and most of the doctors don't care
all antipsychotics do is rape you of your energy, make you dizzy and tired, among other side effects
benzos are mad addictive
it's all a pill shilling game to them
the crazy houses are becoming the modern versions of the Nazi death camps... a coffin under every bed, at least there was at the hospital I went to

Peace
>>
Schizoid and Schizophrenic are different.

People need to stop confusing the two.
>>
File: pharmakeia.jpg (24 KB, 496x418) Image search: [Google]
pharmakeia.jpg
24 KB, 496x418
>>36645933
we need more ppl who aren't lizards in the medical and pharmaceutical community because the lizards are straight up taking good people out and are making people sicker in general
>>
>>36646555
can u please expound
>>
and for anyone dealing with schizophrenia...
I "fucked up the game" recently and found out that schizophrenia is really just telepathy
You either have someone or something using telepathy against you, usually just to pester you
You just need to have a positive mental attitude to beat it
Also making fun of whatever is trying to talk to you helps
It's usually just the devil and or one of his puppets
>>
>>36646714
Yep you have schitzophrenia
>>
>>36647111
it's like the highest achievement in the crazy house
>>
>>36644571
If you get swole you don't have to ask people to lift Shit for you
Maybe have to avoid people asking you to do shit for them, but if you're a Big Guy you can learn to intimidate without words

Going to the doctor less if you stay fit

The literal Strong Silent type
>>
If you legitimately have schizoid personality disorder, you don't really have a problem that needs help. Because a person who is legit schizoid doesn't care that their behavior is different than normal.

If you don't talk to people much but feel bad or lonely, and wish it were different, that's not schizoid. That's social anxiety.
>>
>>36644558
N E U R O S E U R G E O N S
>>
>>36644530
Well, it'll help YOU, but not YOU or YOU.
>>
File: 1435117877037.png (262 KB, 446x456) Image search: [Google]
1435117877037.png
262 KB, 446x456
>>36647209
>tfw full blown, diagnosed schizo
What's it like being normal?
>>
As a schizoid myself, would you rather be stronger or weaker?
>>
Schizoaffect here. I often hear that I will be abandoned by everyone and that no one wants to be around me and I should throw myself in front of a train or whatever. Recently my gains got me an invite to group sex. While the thoughts are still there it's hard to argue with group sex. Ayy lmao
>>
>>36645933

Nah, brah. I developed schizophrenia 4 years ag. Literally lost 3 years of my life - just relaying how I made it out of the rabbit hole.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.