[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would you start losing weight as a 400 pound 6'0 man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1441741536104.png (38 KB, 1024x663) Image search: [Google]
1441741536104.png
38 KB, 1024x663
how would you start losing weight as a 400 pound 6'0 man?
>>
>>36642824
Reading the sticky.
>>
>>36642824
Eat less, run more.
>>
Same way as any other man. Diet & Excercise.
>>
>>36642837
Yeah, how about no.
>>
>>36642824
consume less energy than you need to maintain your weight.
>>
File: 1443441537798.jpg (124 KB, 609x607) Image search: [Google]
1443441537798.jpg
124 KB, 609x607
>>36642854
>Yeah, how about no.
Maybe you should go back to the tardpit at [s4s] if you wanna make snarky comments instead of losing weight
>>
>>36642824
idk if its worth having 100lbs of loose skin when ur done unless u have awsome genetics

if u can afford surgery then eat veggies and get lots of protein with very low carb, best diet for obese people and its the most satiating diet that exists
>>
>>36642837
>run more
kek, why don't u try running with 400lbs
thats a retarded idea
>>
keto + lift weights.
>>
>>36642854
>>36642888
this faggot is not op i am actually interested in losing it
>>
>>36642854
how about find a strong enough rope to support your fat ass and end yourself then you faggot

>asks for advice
>gives cuntish responses to said advice

practice fork putdowns and when you feel like buying sweets and other shit at the store, don't buy it. it's not hard, you're just fucking weak.
>>
>>36642888
Nye's digits but see the beginning post ITT

Lifting weights has proven to be an effective method of weight loss. Furthermore, running while you're 400lbs is a bad idea for your joints. "Read the sticky" isn't just a meme.

>>36642903

Calculate your TDEE (how many calories your fatshit body burns on a daily basis by just existing), then subtract 4-500 calories from that. That's your "daily budget of calories". Now look up a lifting routine on the sticky, read up the section about diet + macronutrients, and put in the work

https://fitsticky.com
>>
>>36642903
read

>>36642842
>>36642866
>>
>>36642903
>faggot
lmao I bet 100 dollars that u can't even run for 3 minutes straight that shit is useless
start running when u aren't 400lbs
>>
File: image.jpg (754 KB, 1700x2200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
754 KB, 1700x2200
>>36642898
>>
Hey OP. I lost about 100lbs in total by reducing carbs and calories. It kicks your body into ketosis (fat burning) and lowers your appetite. It also helps maintain muscle mass.

Dieting meal: 800cals a day, at least 50g of protein, no more than 50g of carbs. lots of veg.

Example meal:
200g Chicken leg (edible portion) - 460kcals, 46g P. 80g Wholemeal pitta bread - 200kcals, 8g P, 40g C. Salad (watch the carbs in onions and carrots though), dressing (1/2 tablespoon olive oil, and some vinegar) 60 cals,

Once you get to your ideal weight: 50g of protein and carbs per 800cals it takes to main your weight eg 2400cals a day would be 150g protein and 150g carbs

General advice: lots of water, lots of salt to prevent headaches, make carbs you eat wholewheat, and try Psyllium husk as a fibre source and to reduce appetite before meals
>>
>>36642837
>retard alert
running at this weight will only fuck up his knees, so no your idea is dumb
>>
>>36642824
I have a friend that was 400 lbs in high school. After a particularly bad breakup with his drama major bitch, he decided to get in shape, His first step was to lower his calorie intake. He pretty much lived off of chicken breasts, broccoli and he got rig of his soda habit by switching to Crystal Light.

He started resistance training immediately. Just getting into the gym and increasing muscle mass increases your Basal Metabolic Rate, thus burning more calories at rest or play.

He started walking daily and playing touch football once a week.

When he got down to around 325 he started joining me for cardio. This was mostly bicycling and jogging.

At 300 or so he was feeling good enough to join me for circuit training.

somewhere around 250 he decided he was happy with the results but had a ton of loose skin. He ended up having a 12 inch band of flesh removed from his midsection and while he was open, the liposuctioned any fat the found in the area. The flesh and fat removed weighed in around 15 lbs, putting him at a pretty good 210 for the muscle mass he had acquired through the journey.

He now spends his free time training for obstacle course races.
>>
>>36642824
Start eating less and read the sticky
>>
>>36642824
start with fork putdowns fatty, switch up your diet to clean one, lots of veggies and lean meats, cut out sugary bullshit like sweets and soda, lift weights 3 days a week and walk about 1h daily
>>
>>36642824
Fork putdowns 1xF
Plate pushaways 1xF

this is coming from a 315 ish lb fatty down from 360 something. Just eat less carbs, more protein, weight lift like 3x a week if you want to, otherwise just move more. Take a walk in the morning, or do some light cardio every other day to begin. Don't eat refined sugars, snack on veggies if you're hungry.

Read the sticky
>>
File: reddit-alien.png (50 KB, 736x1024) Image search: [Google]
reddit-alien.png
50 KB, 736x1024
>>36642824

hey OP have you seen this site? They have tons of good stuff like a weight loss board, a fitness board, a dieting board. All sorts of great stuff for you to go visit. I rarely even come to 4chan anymore because the content on reddit is soooo much better, you should check it out.
>>
>>36642824
For starters I might consider reading the fucking sticky
>>
Ketosis desu
>>
>>36642824
dont eat like shit, go to the gym every day
its FUCKING easy
>>
>>36642824
develop armchair appeal. educate yourself on the science behind weightloss, read articles, magazines like mens health create an account at bodybuilding dot com. go through all the motions Calculate your TDEE, take your measurements, set your goals. Websites like scoobys workshop have meal planners. Theres an infinite wealth of knowledge online. More than anything else though its motivation, and willpower. Where theres a will theres a way. Stay positive don't get bent out of shape over setbacks, the rest is all caloric defecit, super simple stuff.
>>
>>36643020
>lots of salt to prevent headaches
Not when you're 40 with blood pressure
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.