[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forearms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: arms.jpg (118 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
arms.jpg
118 KB, 640x640
I hate my forearms, they're too skinny.

Do you recommend sticking to exercises like the hammer curl/zottman curl, or exercises that isolate the forearm?
>>
>>36642731
if u can afford it buy a wrist wroller
>>
deathlifts
>>
>>36642731
we recommend exercises that put your grip strength to test
deadlifts, snatch-grip deadlifts, farmer's walk
>>
heres the only real piece of advice you'll get

gain weight, keep doing hammer curls and deadlifts and avoid straps

your forearms will grow, how much depends on how much work you put in and your genetics
>>
What about if you just have dumbbells?
>>
>>36642919
Wrist curls and reverse wrist curls
>>
Get a job at a mine or quarry. Every miner I've ever met has gigantic forearms
>>
Those forearms on the left just look horrible
>>
Honestly I always thought I had small forearms that were disproportionate to my bi'+tri's. However, I decided to shave them one day and just like that I realized they were average and perfectly proportionate. Hair really hides a lot of definition, especially on the chest, stomach, and thighs. So maybe try trimming them OP. And of course do your reverse curls and hammer curls.
>>
Pull ups work
>>
>>36642919
farmer's walk.
>>
You need heavy farmers walks.
Add some wrist curls
Keep doing hammers.

Forearms, like calves, get used every day even when not lifting.
Not only CAN they handle high volume, they NEED high volume to grow.
Work them 3 times a week at least
>>
>>36642919
wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, hammer curls, and buy some grip strength trainers off amazon
>>
>>36644499
If you're gonna buy a grip trainer, it'd be worthwhile to get some bands for extensor training as well. I noticed it helping with my hand cramps a bit.
>>
File: 1427061432807.jpg (1 MB, 1900x1500) Image search: [Google]
1427061432807.jpg
1 MB, 1900x1500
>>36642731

WRIST ROLLING.

Honestly, even at light weight I saw a huge difference in definition after adding wrist-rolling to my routine. Be sure to roll the weight up both clockwise (working the flexors) and counter-clockwise (working the extensors).
>>
Do the wrist conditioning exercises from Foundation
>>
>>36642731
Forearms have 3 main functions:

- Grip
- Wrist flexion
- Wrist extension

Out of those, the bigger muscles are those that do the wrist flexion. So, if you want to grow your forearms, you should do:

- Wrist curls
- Wrist extensions
- Farmer walks / Deadlifts / Rows (both horizontal and vertical) to train grip

For example, add this at the end of the workout 2x week (I assume you already do deadlifts and lots of rows and pullups):

Wrist curls 4x12 supersetted with Wrist extensions 4x12.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.